PDA

View Full Version : CHICAGO: Did anyone go to Terry Hunter @ Superlounge on Sat.?

Discogoddess
05-19-2003, 09:12 AM
I went, and enjoyed myself immensely! The crowd was, well, just okay, but the music was NICE...My girls and I danced up a storm.

For those of you who went, what did you think?

Tony Cano
05-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Discogoddess:

thanks for coming out to the party! i had a nice time. my music plant family brought me a cake for my birthday. thank you guys!

the music was out of this world! i'm not just saying this because Terry is my friend. Terry beat that shit nasty! he played some stuff I never heard before and probably will never be released. the live set @ Southport posted on the main page doesn't compare.

the place was crowded, but not enough dancers in my honest opinion. i loved the vibe in the place alot better at 4am in the morning compared to say 1-2am.

the party is still growing and takes time to get established. looking forward to the next one. nobody is doing like the Super Lounge. Danny Krivit up next! This place really deserve the support of the community.

I repeat - nobody in Chi is doing it like the Super Lounge. can you say "free"?

JMJ
05-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by tcano:
Discogoddess:

thanks for coming out to the party! i had a nice time. my music plant family brought me a cake for my birthday. thank you guys!

the music was out of this world! i'm not just saying this because Terry is my friend. Terry beat that shit nasty! he played some stuff I never heard before and probably will never be released. the live set @ Southport posted on the main page doesn't compare.

the place was crowded, but not enough dancers in my honest opinion. i loved the vibe in the place alot better at 4am in the morning compared to say 1-2am.

the party is still growing and takes time to get established. looking forward to the next one. nobody is doing like the Super Lounge. Danny Krivit up next! This place really deserve the support of the community.

I repeat - nobody in Chi is doing it like the Super Lounge. can you say "free"? Free.........JMJ

richierich
05-19-2003, 10:23 AM
We got Sadar, Lee Collins, Russoul in Chicago for free... every weekend!!!!

Sensei Melei
05-19-2003, 10:24 AM
TC where were you?

I came down there around 11:30, stayed until about 1"ish". Were you in the back/upstairs?

I missed Terry because I left to check out Sean Smith at Spot 6. Had a drink for yo uat both places. Sorry I missed you bro.

Peace,
mad1.gif

djmarbll
05-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by richierich:
We got Sadar, Lee Collins, Russoul in Chicago for free... every weekend!!!! Exactly!!! And the food at Slick's is good too!

djmarbll
05-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by tcano:
Discogoddess:

I repeat - nobody in Chi is doing it like the Super Lounge. can you say "free"? Keep us posted on Danny Krivit Mr. Cano. ;)

Tony Cano
05-19-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Sensei Melei-1010:
TC where were you?

I came down there around 11:30, stayed until about 1"ish". Were you in the back/upstairs?

I missed Terry because I left to check out Sean Smith at Spot 6. Had a drink for yo uat both places. Sorry I missed you bro.

Peace,
mad1.gif Hey Greg - sorry i missed you. i got in little later. had some business to take care of. hope you enjoyed your b-day week celebration.

tc

Tony Cano
05-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by djmarbll:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by richierich:
We got Sadar, Lee Collins, Russoul in Chicago for free... every weekend!!!! Exactly!!! And the food at Slick's is good too! </font>[/QUOTE]i hear ya and i love it! chicago is a big city and no reason why we can have successful parties on any given night. let's make this a fun summer in chicago.

Tony Cano
05-19-2003, 10:35 AM
QUOTE]Keep us posted on Danny Krivit Mr. Cano. ;) [/QB][/QUOTE]

Marbil:

Danny Krivit is playing on the Sunday, May 25th.
Osunlade is playing on Sat. May 31st

Both @ Super Lounge.

tc

Discogoddess
05-19-2003, 10:41 AM
@tcano: Yeah, Terry was beatin' it!!!!!!!!! I just wish that A.) the dance floor wasn't smack dab in the middle of the joint; and B.) the crowd was more into dancing/music than posing and looking good (this was the case when I was there for Timmy Regisford, too). Nonetheless, my girls and I had a wonderful time, and I have the sore legs/hips and feet to prove it.

@Richierich: You KNOW I'm coming to check yall out, and soon!

[ May 19, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Discogoddess ]

formerly known as kenspank
05-19-2003, 11:56 AM
i was there.
lola was not with me. it was me and my friend danielle. i got their around the same time as greg gray and left around 2:30. i enjoyed terry hunter's music and the music of the guy that warmed up the tables before him.

i didn't really recognize anybody, but that was me next to the wall by that spiral staircase that led up to the dj booth.

came into town saturday and am leaving today. my friends mother arranged a surprise birthday party for him and i had to fly in for it.

made it to the district last night with the birthday boy and his girlfriend for a couple of drinks. andre hatchett was there also doing a good job.

thank you chicago for being a place i'm always glad i come back too!

manfred
05-19-2003, 02:05 PM
ooh...did somebady say danny krivit is coming to superlounge may 25?!?

true that it takes a prty a while to get established. true that nobody does it like superlounge, i.e. out of town d.j. talent for NO COVER!!! and true that there are some peeps at superlounge that just take up space on the dance floor.

so i resolve that i will do my part to make sure that there are more dancers than posers on the floor. so suckas beware, if your not shakin it and takin up space, the elbows will start flying and my big asian ass box you out the dance floor! mad1.gif graemlins/cussing.gif graemlins/spanka.gif graemlins/grinyes.gif

SMOOTH87
05-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by djmarbll:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by richierich:
We got Sadar, Lee Collins, Russoul in Chicago for free... every weekend!!!! Exactly!!! And the food at Slick's is good too! </font>[/QUOTE]I went there last weekend and the vibe was off the hook! Lee keeps the vibe going playing both new and old cutz. I will definitly be back and bring folks out there as well..

Discogoddess
05-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by manfred:
...and true that there are some peeps at superlounge that just take up space on the dance floor.

so i resolve that i will do my part to make sure that there are more dancers than posers on the floor. so suckas beware, if your not shakin it and takin up space, the elbows will start flying and my big asian ass box you out the dance floor! mad1.gif graemlins/cussing.gif graemlins/spanka.gif graemlins/grinyes.gif OKAY!!! Can I just say that I had to tap into my reservoir of love, peace and happiness to not turn around a slap the piss out of 1.) this chick who kept flinging her hair on me while doing her "cute girl" two-step; and 2.) this other chick who kept elbowing me and stepping on my feet while she did her overly dramatic "I'm too sexy" dance with her man. It's not like the dance floor was ever crowded to the point where either of these chicks' actions would have been acceptable.

*Getting annoyed all over again for not elbowing the isht out of that "I'm too sexy" heffa now*

JINX
05-19-2003, 04:28 PM
I checked out Krivit in London a couple of weeks ago and he was nice. The young house headz were feelin' him.

I'll be sure to be there this Sunday.

manfred
05-23-2003, 09:47 AM
do we have to email our names for a guest list?

thanks.

manfred

Tony Cano
05-23-2003, 09:55 AM
not sure - i have the flyer at home. i will post the e-mail address later if it helps.

tc

Tony Cano
05-23-2003, 12:52 PM
RSVP @ fdmg9999@hotmail.com

manfred
05-23-2003, 01:41 PM
thanks tcano! see you there!