PDA

View Full Version : DJs: a "Stop Bajon" question

jimmymack-2000
07-22-2003, 12:18 PM
What do you mix with "Primavera/Stop Bajon"? I ain't looking to steal your ideas, because I toyed around with some Shalimar/Johnson Brothers stuff last night and it fit, but I didn't realize how slow "Stop Bajon" was at first: it's kinda misleading. My ear wants to hear that rimshot as a bass kick...

Ken1015
07-22-2003, 12:25 PM
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it.

Jamie 3:26
07-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ken1015:
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. That's a classic blend.I think every deephouse jock in Chi has done it.

Ken1015
07-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ken1015:
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. That's a classic blend.I think every deephouse jock in Chi has done it. </font>[/QUOTE]You got that right. graemlins/rofl.gif

JR JAM
07-22-2003, 12:38 PM
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. That's a classic blend.I think every deephouse jock in Chi has done it. </font>[/QUOTE]Also with "stop eucore"

Ken1015
07-22-2003, 12:57 PM
A while back I pulled some low BPM songs for a mix. They included "Stop Bajon," "Stop Ou Encore" by Plastic Bertrand, Sylvester's "I Need Somebody To Love Tonight," "Chance With You" by Brother To Brother, "Miss Broadway" by Belle Epoque and Roy Ayers - "Love Will Bring Us Back Together." I forget the order I put them in but they're all pretty slow.

Austin/Dallas
07-22-2003, 01:03 PM
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. "Heart Begins To Beat" Bad ass jam graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ July 22, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Austin/Dallas ]

Austin/Dallas
07-22-2003, 01:06 PM
How about "Two Tribes" Frankie goes to Hollywod
w/Stop Bajon is tricky but smooth if you research.

Terry James
07-22-2003, 01:22 PM
A while back I pulled some low BPM songs for a mix. They included "Stop Bajon," "Stop Ou Encore" by Plastic Bertrand, Sylvester's "I Need Somebody To Love Tonight," "Chance With You" by Brother To Brother, "Miss Broadway" by Belle Epoque and Roy Ayers - "Love Will Bring Us Back Together." I forget the order I put them in but they're all pretty slow. the scary thing is that I think I've done the same mix....maybe in that order graemlins/cool_shades.gif

statuskuo
07-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
What do you mix with "Primavera/Stop Bajon"? I ain't looking to steal your ideas, because I toyed around with some Shalimar/Johnson Brothers stuff last night and it fit, but I didn't realize how slow "Stop Bajon" was at first: it's kinda misleading. My ear wants to hear that rimshot as a bass kick... newbie.

lyot
07-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Austin/Dallas:
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. "Heart Begins To Beat" Bad ass jam graemlins/thumbsup.gif </font>[/QUOTE]was the original by Savage ? And wasn't there something called 'the Ferris Project' (M.I.A . Missing in action)

greetings

07-22-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by lyot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Austin/Dallas:
I used to love mixing "Heart Begins To Beat" by Savage Progress with it. "Heart Begins To Beat" Bad ass jam graemlins/thumbsup.gif </font>[/QUOTE]was the original by Savage ? And wasn't there something called 'the Ferris Project' (M.I.A . Missing in action)

greetings </font>[/QUOTE]The Ferris project was a bootleg put out by Pharris Thomas in 1990.It had Savage Progress and Caroline Crawford-Coming on strong on one side,and JC Lodge-Telephone love on the flip.

lyot
07-22-2003, 01:59 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lyot:

greetings </font>[/QUOTE]The Ferris project was a bootleg put out by Pharris Thomas in 1990.It had Savage Progress and Caroline Crawford-Coming on strong on one side,and JC Lodge-Telephone love on the flip. </font>[/QUOTE]that's the one i've got.. but the sound quality ain't to good..thanks for the information Jamie..I know which one to hunt down right now.. smile.gif

greetings,

JMJ
07-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Austin/Dallas:
w/Stop Bajon is tricky but smooth if you research. Stop Bajon is around 106 BPM
Two Tribes is around 130 BPM
Please do not attempt this one......JMJ

07-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by JMJ:
Please do not attempt this one......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]It can be done....You just have to be on drugs to understand it... graemlins/rofl.gif

lyot
07-22-2003, 02:17 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
Please do not attempt this one......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]It can be done....You just have to be on drugs to understand it... graemlins/rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/rofl.gif graemlins/rofl.gif

SMOOTH87
07-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by lyot:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
Please do not attempt this one......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]It can be done....You just have to be on drugs to understand it... graemlins/rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/rofl.gif graemlins/rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]I would like to hear that one.. Blending no slammin!!

icon_rofl.gif