PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Dj In Thailand???????

samui
08-12-2003, 11:33 AM
First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone, as a new member here on dhp. I've been reading through some of the topics, and it looks like a great forum you've got together here.

Anyway, what i'm after is dj's who want to spin at a new bar in Ko Samui, Thailand. The bar will be opening in November, and we're looking for dj's. Music will be deep house everynight, apart from maybe a couple of monthly's, otherwise it's house.

If this interests anyone and you want to know more, i've written a brief outline about the bar in the overseas parties section, if you read this and are interested, or have any questions please ask.

Thanks

Oh yeah, and could those who have been to Thailand please tell those who havn't what it's like. The food, the beaches etc.

Also there must be a few of you who come here regulary anyway, so next time let me know when your coming, and don't forget your vinyl.

Master Kev
08-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Samui, welcome to the DHP. graemlins/acclaim.gif You'll find lots of interesting reading and TONS of great music on here.

Please check your private messages when you have a chance

Peace

DJ Rated M
08-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Welcome......

Check your PM...

mdpm99
08-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Just curious....

What is your exact role in this. R u the principal? booking agent? or a promoter? Perhaps all three?

I think this info would be helpful for the folks reading your thread.

what say you?

d

Martin Red
08-12-2003, 11:59 AM
My friends usually travel their at least once a year. Beaches -Djing - nice weather, sounds good biggrinangel.gif

Jamie 3:26
08-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey,sounds like a winner.You came to the right place.

samui
08-12-2003, 12:02 PM
ok David,

I'm the owner, I have a friend who will be managing the bar, and another one who will be promoting it in thailand, sorting out advertising, and flyers etc. The bar is underconstruction at the moment, and will be opening in nov.

I live on the Island, so will be playing an active roll.

JMJ
08-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the board......JMJ smile.gif

MYOR
08-12-2003, 12:05 PM
I would love to go.. graemlins/1luvu.gif

Ok so I'm not a DJ.. just a minor problem.. :rolleyes:

Welcome biggrinangel.gif

mdpm99
08-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by samui:
ok David,

I'm the owner, I have a friend who will be managing the bar, and another one who will be promoting it in thailand, sorting out advertising, and flyers etc. The bar is underconstruction at the moment, and will be opening in nov.

I live on the Island, so will be playing an active roll. Greetings:

I commend you for taking a "direct step" (as the owner) to reach out to the folks on DHP.

This helps to keep everything in perspective. I am sure you will find plenty of talent here at DHP.

d

Javier Drada
08-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Is this Raven Fox trying to pull another Kitty on us... I still have them pictures you know.

Keith Blackstone
08-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Javier Drada:
Is this Raven Fox trying to pull another Kitty on us... I still have them pictures you know. graemlins/rofl.gif

mdpm99
08-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Did someone say Kitty?

d.

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

liL Ray
08-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Javier Drada:
Is this Raven Fox trying to pull another Kitty on us... I still have them pictures you know. it has that funny smell to it....

Tony Cano
08-12-2003, 12:50 PM
now that i think if it, it does.

tc

statuskuo
08-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Just to clarify for someone who's seemingly retarded: Taiwan is not Thailand.

liL Ray
08-12-2003, 01:38 PM
http://samui.sawadee.com/info/

for those interested...

statuskuo
08-12-2003, 01:40 PM
yo i am there!
http://samui.sawadee.com/images/pic-diving.jpg

Javier Drada
08-12-2003, 01:46 PM
Ahhh Kitty, how you broke my heart...

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com/kitty/kittysmoking.jpg

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com/kitty/kittysmoking2.jpg

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com/kitty/kittysmoking3.jpg

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com/kitty/kittysmoking4.jpg

http://www.undergroundcommittee.com/kitty/kittysmoking6.jpg

[ August 12, 2003, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Javier Drada ]

Hippie
08-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Welcome Samui: Wishing luck with your opening! Curious how is the deep house seen in Thailand? I've played in the Philippines and they seem to like it harder. Where as Japan loved it deep and soulful. So what's it like in your part of the world?

samui
08-12-2003, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah if anyone has any promotional material etc they want to send out then send to this address, a couple of you have asked, so i'll put it up here for you all to see.

Simon Coe
83/28 Moo 2,
T Bobhut,
Ko Samui
Surratthani
Thailand

You can also call me on +6610824030 (please remember i'm in Thailand, so check the time cos I like my sleep)

Another thing, the Thai postal service is a joke, i've waited two months before for a simple letter to arrive, so don't think i'm ignoring you, it's the Thai postal worker that are ignoring your letters. You could always DHL them, but that might be a bit too much $$$, whatever way though they will get here in the end.

liL Ray
08-12-2003, 09:59 PM
Full moon party in Koh Phangan
Some six years ago, a group of tourists and the owner of Paradise Bungalow found that the most beautiful moon was in Koh Phangan. They arranged a party along the crescent-shaped beach of Haad Rin to celebrate the Full Moon night.

From then on, people from all over the world came to join the celebration. And now there are 7,000-10,000 people at the party each month.

The party begins at dusk, when the round yellow moon makes its appearance over the white sand beach. In twilight, small tables are lined up on the beach and thousands of lamps are lit.

As the evening progresses the beach explodes into a dancing frenzy as different m.c.'s take their turn on the decks. There is something for everyone here, trance, techno, drum and bass, commercial dance and reggae, no-one is disappointed. Jugglers and fire-eaters entertain the crowds as the night goes on and with the brilliant impromptu fireworks display, the party atmosphere is complete. After a few hours it could be time to chill-out for a while, maybe grab a drink or a bite to eat from one of the many beach traders and wade out or sit down in the warm surf of the Gulf of Thailand, pure, pure heaven.

Revived and relaxed it's time to return to the main beach and get blown into another dancing dimension, while all around people are doing the same, there are no barriers here, no inhibitions, just people enjoying themselves with one unified intention, to rejoice in the magic that is the paradise of FULL MOON PARTY!

this is the party I wanna dj at.....cd on its way.

Mah'chew
08-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi there, welcome to the board graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'll be in Samui (work permitting) between Christmas and New Year.

To tell you the truth it's good to hear that someone is trying to fight for quality house down there. graemlins/thumbsup.gif Whenever I've been there it's mostly been psychedelic trance, what with the Full Moon parties - nice to see some deep and balearic spirit fighting for a spot.

Good luck with the venture smile.gif

Matt

blackwax
08-13-2003, 05:19 AM
I love thailand I have only been once but realy enjoyed my stay

the food is GREAT and so cheep too the people are friendly and always smiling good luck with the bar

graemlins/beerchug.gif

Dj Alex
08-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Yeah the lack of really good house music clubs or events in south east asia is really evident ! . I am half burmese and have played their and partied a litle in Thailand .
I think it can be the best move you can do . It will seperate you from the rest and you can focus on good music period . And I'm sure alot of the dj's from DHP could really set the vibe from night till morning.. . Glad you have put in a decent set up as well ;)

Peace and if I am coming back to Burma . I will do my best to pass thru .

Alex .

DJ Rated M
08-13-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by samui:
Oh yeah if anyone has any promotional material etc they want to send out then send to this address, a couple of you have asked, so i'll put it up here for you all to see.

Simon Coe
83/28 Moo 2,
T Bobhut,
Ko Samui
Surratthani
Thailand

You can also call me on +6610824030 (please remember i'm in Thailand, so check the time cos I like my sleep)

Another thing, the Thai postal service is a joke, i've waited two months before for a simple letter to arrive, so don't think i'm ignoring you, it's the Thai postal worker that are ignoring your letters. You could always DHL them, but that might be a bit too much $$$, whatever way though they will get here in the end. DHL...sounds good....and the joy of working in a mailroom/shipping is that i won't pay for it...lOL

DEEPHOUSEHEAD
08-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Check you Private Messages/E mail Samui