PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Talk

Mack-Williams
09-17-2003, 10:27 AM
Houston is killing me. They keep winning. They are going to have to hit a losing spell sometime soon. The Cubs are 12-4 in September for the first time in along time. The White Sox better hurry up and get there act together tonight or they are going to go 2 games out of first.

JMJ
09-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Luckily, they (Houston) still have to play the Cardinals again, which may help. Both the Cubs and the Astros are playing great baseball right now. The doubleheader with the Pirates Friday is crucial for the Cubs.......JMJ

Sharp Eye Washington
09-17-2003, 10:47 AM
The Yanks are in cruise control. The magic number is at 7. See ya in the playoffs Bosox! I'm quite concerned about the bullpen & I also hope Roger Clemens & David Wells don't get old in the playoffs. I expect the Yanks to win the series. I really would be shocked if we didn't win it all this year.

Sharp Eye Washington
09-17-2003, 10:48 AM
I would hate to face the Cubs in a 5 game series.

ChiJAM
09-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Luckily, they (Houston) still have to play the Cardinals again, which may help. Both the Cubs and the Astros are playing great baseball right now. The doubleheader with the Pirates Friday is crucial for the Cubs.......JMJ
Hopefully, the Cards will do better in STL, than they did in Houston...

I didn't know about the doubleheader in Pitt--that will be crucial. The Stros have SF in Houston, too, so maybe they'll drop one or two of those games.

ChiJAM

vinny from the Burgh
09-17-2003, 11:41 AM
I think if the Cubbies get in they could make a serious run. ukcf the Yanks!!!! GO Bo Sox

JMJ
09-17-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ChiJAM:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Luckily, they (Houston) still have to play the Cardinals again, which may help. Both the Cubs and the Astros are playing great baseball right now. The doubleheader with the Pirates Friday is crucial for the Cubs.......JMJ
Hopefully, the Cards will do better in STL, than they did in Houston...

I didn't know about the doubleheader in Pitt--that will be crucial. The Stros have SF in Houston, too, so maybe they'll drop one or two of those games.

ChiJAM </font>[/QUOTE]The reason the double header is crucial is that unless the Cubs sweep the doubleheader, there's very little to gain and ALOT to lose. The Cubs have only 11 games left. A split will either gain or drop them a 1/2 game, and losing both will cost them either 1/2 game or 1 1/2 games, which would be a killer. Sweeping the doubleheader gains them either 1/2 game or 1 1/2 games. Every game is obviously meaningful, but this doubleheader may hold the key to the Cubs playoff chances......JMJ

DJ Rated M
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
don't give up now, Mack....i told you this would happen...LOL

Yanks baby!!!!

ChiJAM
09-17-2003, 12:06 PM
JMJ, did you get any playoff tickets? My brother-in-law said that he would try, but I haven't heard from him (I guess if he was successful, he would've said something by now...).

ChiJAM

Mack-Williams
09-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DJ Rated M:

Yanks baby!!!! I aint giving up. You see we are 12-4 in September. We still have an easier schedule than Houston, but Houston needs to lose. We are still in this.

JMJ
09-17-2003, 12:10 PM
JMJ, did you get any playoff tickets? My brother-in-law said that he would try, but I haven't heard from him (I guess if he was successful, he would've said something by now...).

ChiJAM I tried.....unsuccessfully. :( The only way to get them was online or over the phone, so I tried online, where I was sent to a "virtual waiting room" for almost 30 minutes. At about 8:35 am, another scren popped up saying that ALL of the tickets were sold out. graemlins/mecry.gif I am going to the game next Friday against Pittsburgh......JMJ smile.gif

DJ Rated M
09-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Mack-Williams:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ Rated M:

Yanks baby!!!! I aint giving up. You see we are 12-4 in September. We still have an easier schedule than Houston, but Houston needs to lose. We are still in this. </font>[/QUOTE]aiiiight, Mack.

;)

ChiJAM
09-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I am going to the game next Friday against Pittsburgh......JMJ
Cool. Last homestand of the regular season--enjoy.

ChiJAM

JMJ
09-17-2003, 12:22 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I am going to the game next Friday against Pittsburgh......JMJ
Cool. Last homestand of the regular season--enjoy.

ChiJAM </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks! I'm looking forward to it......JMJ :D

Mocambo
09-17-2003, 02:35 PM
CUBS WIN!!!
CUBS WIN!!!

graemlins/OLA.gif

2-0, Kerry goes the distance w/11 strikeouts.

ChiJAM
09-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Game time: 2 hrs. and 9 min. Damn....

ChiJAM

Mocambo
09-17-2003, 02:42 PM
4 hits per team. Good pitching.

ChiJAM
09-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Silhouette, nice tag/sig.

ChiJAM

Mocambo
09-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks

JMJ
09-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif

AD
09-17-2003, 05:00 PM
I'll be at the Dodger game tonight and tomorrow. woo hoo!! Go Phillies!! Beat the fish!!

Mack-Williams
09-18-2003, 07:26 AM
Houston Loss. About time.

JMJ
09-18-2003, 07:29 AM
The Cubs are only a 1/2 game out with the big doubleheader at Pittsburgh tomorrow!!......JMJ :D

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by JMJ:
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better......

Mack-Williams
09-18-2003, 07:40 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better...... </font>[/QUOTE]They not scaring anybody like the Cubs pitchers. Wiff, Wiff, Wiff that's the sound of folks striking out.

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Mack-Williams:
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better...... </font>[/QUOTE]They not scaring anybody like the Cubs pitchers. Wiff, Wiff, Wiff that's the sound of folks striking out. </font>[/QUOTE]strikeouts doesn't mean you have the best pitching staff.......

Mussina & Clemens are in the top 5 in strikeouts too....

ChiJAM
09-18-2003, 08:58 AM
The Cubs are only a 1/2 game out with the big doubleheader at Pittsburgh tomorrow!!......JMJ
The importance of the double-header is looming even larger now.

STL is fading fast. They need to win tonight in order to keep pace. I don't want them going into the Houston series knowing that their chances are slim to get into the playoffs--they may just roll-over. I heard that Morris prefers Houston to win the division, rather than the Cubs...Worry about your own team, man.

ChiJAM

JMJ
09-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better...... </font>[/QUOTE]The Cubs have 4 with 13 or better, but more important is the # of strikeouts, strikeout vs. walk ratio, OBA (Opponents Batting Average), and the Phillies aren't even close. Both the Phillies and Dodgers have good rotations.....JMJ

JMJ
09-18-2003, 09:37 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The Cubs are only a 1/2 game out with the big doubleheader at Pittsburgh tomorrow!!......JMJ
The importance of the double-header is looming even larger now.

STL is fading fast. They need to win tonight in order to keep pace. I don't want them going into the Houston series knowing that their chances are slim to get into the playoffs--they may just roll-over. I heard that Morris prefers Houston to win the division, rather than the Cubs...Worry about your own team, man.

ChiJAM </font>[/QUOTE]Matt Morris is an idiot.......JMJ

JMJ
09-18-2003, 10:05 AM
The time is NOW: http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/standings ......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif

[ September 18, 2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: JMJ ]

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 12:05 PM
y'all getting all hyped up just to get sent home in the 1st round of the playoffs......IF they make it there....

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better...... </font>[/QUOTE]The Cubs have 4 with 13 or better, but more important is the # of strikeouts, strikeout vs. walk ratio, OBA (Opponents Batting Average), and the Phillies aren't even close. Both the Phillies and Dodgers have good rotations.....JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]since when is strikeouts more important than wins???

"gee, we lost the game but had more strikeouts!"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

JMJ
09-18-2003, 12:07 PM
y'all getting all hyped up just to get sent home in the 1st round of the playoffs......IF they make it there.... The Cubs are peaking at the right time......JMJ

JMJ
09-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Best starting rotation in baseball......JMJ graemlins/grinyes.gif ?????? the Phillies have 4 starters with 14 wins or better...... </font>[/QUOTE]The Cubs have 4 with 13 or better, but more important is the # of strikeouts, strikeout vs. walk ratio, OBA (Opponents Batting Average), and the Phillies aren't even close. Both the Phillies and Dodgers have good rotations.....JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]since when is strikeouts more important than wins???

"gee, we lost the game but had more strikeouts!"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! </font>[/QUOTE]You don't get it. If a pitcher is 15-6 with an ERA of 5.40, does that make him a better pitcher than one with a record of 8-12, but an ERA of 3.22?? NO. Just means he got more run support. Team wins tell the story, period. Kerry Wood has gotten notoriously bad run support the last two years, but leads the majors in strikeouts AND has an ERA just over 3. Wood vs. Russ Ortiz. Who would you rather face??......JMJ

daniel
09-18-2003, 12:25 PM
wins = games won

so, logically, the team with pitchers that have a higher number of wins does mean more than # of strikeouts.

anywho, just give up now. you're only gonna be let down in a few weeks.

who are these guys, and why are they always holding on to that trophy?
http://www.ultimateyankees.com/b1027bb.jpg

Mack-Williams
09-18-2003, 12:34 PM
I see we have a bunch of Cub haters ahd Yankee wanksters.

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 01:07 PM
dan is right.....

get ready for a LETDOWN!!!!!

then we will see this&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; graemlins/mecry.gif graemlins/jpshakehead.gif graemlins/scared.gif

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by daniel:
wins = games won

so, logically, the team with pitchers that have a higher number of wins does mean more than # of strikeouts.

http://www.ultimateyankees.com/b1027bb.jpg can you find a pic with the Cubs holding that trophy???

LOL

JMJ
09-18-2003, 01:36 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by daniel:
wins = games won

http://www.ultimateyankees.com/b1027bb.jpg can you find a pic with the Cubs holding that trophy???

LOL </font>[/QUOTE]No, but there might be a portrait somewhere.....JMJ :D

daniel
09-18-2003, 01:44 PM
wins = games won

LOL </font>[/QUOTE]No, but there might be a portrait somewhere.....JMJ :D </font>[/QUOTE]i don't think they had cameras back then.

DJ Rated M
09-18-2003, 01:45 PM
wins = games won

LOL </font>[/QUOTE]No, but there might be a portrait somewhere.....JMJ :D </font>[/QUOTE]i don't think they had cameras back then. </font>[/QUOTE]LOL

WORD!

Fletch
09-20-2003, 12:40 AM
wins = games won

http://www.ultimateyankees.com/b1027bb.jpg Woooooooooooo, ooooooooooooo!!!!!!
SPANK!!!!!!

Rodney Ransom
09-20-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by vinny from the Burgh:
I think if the Cubbies get in they could make a serious run. ukcf the Yanks!!!! GO Bo Sox 1918 (clap clap clap clap clap)
1918 (clap clap clap clap clap)
1918 (clap clap clap clap clap)
LET'S GO YANKEES (clap clap clap clap clap)
LET'S GO YANKEES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)
LET'S GO YANKEES (CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP)
MAYBE IN THE YEAR 2018 THE CURSE WILL BE LIFTED!
:D :D :D

Rodney Ransom
09-20-2003, 01:04 AM
dan is right.....

get ready for a LETDOWN!!!!!

then we will see this&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; graemlins/mecry.gif graemlins/jpshakehead.gif graemlins/scared.gif : biggrinangel.gif GOD IS A YANKEE FAN graemlins/lol.gif icon_rofl.gif YO RATED M I LIKE THAT SHIT.