PDA

View Full Version : can a club DO this? (outraged)

Woody Rosen
09-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Here's the story:

My girlfriend dragged me out to the local college bump and grind top 40 club. The clientele is predominantly white. We were standing in line behind a group of three black people. The bouncer would not let two of them in because they were wearing "urbanwear", which according to the bouncer was "ecko, sean jean, or fubu". I was shocked. One of the guys asked the bouncer if they should go home and change into Abercrombie and Fitch. The bouncer replied with "You can do whatever you want." I said "so basically no black clothes then?" the bouncer says "hey, open your own club and you can do whatever you want." mad1.gif

I mean I know clubs can have dresscodes, but can it go this far? It seemed VERY questionable to me that the only clothes NOT allowed on the dresscode are 3 "black" clotheslines.

If they are allowed to do this, why? If not, is there anything I can do?

alex zen
09-11-2003, 04:49 PM
what's the name and location of the club?

Woody Rosen
09-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Club Reign in Denton Texas. Its on Fort Worth Drive.

YUJI-SAN
09-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Woody Rosen:
Club Reign in Denton Texas. Its on Fort Worth Drive. Texas...no wonder.

Woody Rosen
09-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by YUJI-SAN:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Woody Rosen:
Club Reign in Denton Texas. Its on Fort Worth Drive. Texas...no wonder. </font>[/QUOTE]Tell me about it graemlins/stupid.gif

JMJ
09-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Woody Rosen:
Here's the story:

My girlfriend dragged me out to the local college bump and grind top 40 club. The clientele is predominantly white. We were standing in line behind a group of three black people. The bouncer would not let two of them in because they were wearing "urbanwear", which according to the bouncer was "ecko, sean jean, or fubu". I was shocked. One of the guys asked the bouncer if they should go home and change into Abercrombie and Fitch. The bouncer replied with "You can do whatever you want." I said "so basically no black clothes then?" the bouncer says "hey, open your own club and you can do whatever you want." mad1.gif

I mean I know clubs can have dresscodes, but can it go this far? It seemed VERY questionable to me that the only clothes NOT allowed on the dresscode are 3 "black" clotheslines.

If they are allowed to do this, why? If not, is there anything I can do? While they technically can do whatever they want, being a privately owned business, you can do your part by not patronizing them again......JMJ

mhd
09-11-2003, 06:03 PM
they may have a cause of action, only problem is its in texas, even though its a federal claim, the jury would come from dallas, and even if victorious on appeal they would be out of luck