PDA

View Full Version : anybody done buisness with nigerian people?

flypitcher
09-05-2003, 01:09 PM
What are your views?

[ September 05, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: flypitcher ]

John Hall
09-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by flypitcher:
What are your views? There should be plenty of interesting offers
in your inbox.

If you want to learn more about these offers,
go to google.com and do a search with the words

nigerian scam email

If you want some laughs, add the keyword "parody"

D J 1 3 8
09-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Don't listen to him, man. That million dollars could be ALL YOURS! Think of all the records you could buy!

lyot
09-05-2003, 01:52 PM
graemlins/cool_shades.gif

Brut by Faberge
09-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by John Hall:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flypitcher:
in your inbox.

nigerian scam email

If you want some laughs, add the keyword "parody" </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/rofl.gif there's OIL in them there hills! now be a good kid and hand over your bank account information so that you, a TRUSTED individual can recieve a cool couple million!!! just jokes... smile.gif

ncho
09-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by John Hall:
in your inbox.

nigerian scam email

If you want some laughs, add the keyword "parody" </font>[/QUOTE]i guess we are assuming nigerians are actually sending out this type of email?....i've never seen an actual connection between the two....if so, please educate me....

peace,
-g-

mhd
09-05-2003, 02:16 PM
i've done business with them, good results, no better or worse than say, republicans, jews, texans, italians, etc.

lyot
09-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ncho:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John Hall:
in your inbox.

nigerian scam email

If you want some laughs, add the keyword "parody" </font>[/QUOTE]i guess we are assuming nigerians are actually sending out this type of email?....i've never seen an actual connection between the two....if so, please educate me....

peace,
-g- </font>[/QUOTE]it was run by a Nigerian gang of criminals. They got caught last year in South-Africa. The had 'earned' several hundreds of millions of dollards with their shady business of chain letters. I think they are locked away now..

greetings

***edit : African gang = Nigerian gang

[ September 05, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: lyot ]

ruse
09-05-2003, 02:49 PM
what kind of damage can somebody do with your bank account #?

MYOR
09-05-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ruse:
what kind of damage can somebody do with your bank account #? Post it see what can be done graemlins/rofl.gif

D J 1 3 8
09-05-2003, 02:56 PM
what kind of damage can somebody do with your bank account #? That all depends if you have any loot or not. If you have loot, they can take it, plus probably steal your whole identity with private info like social security #s and such. They could get credit cards in your name and go buck wild. This has happened to 2 different friends of mine (not by Nigerians, BTW) and their credit is seriously fvcked. It takes years to reapir, if ever.

D J 1 3 8
09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
double post

[ September 05, 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: DJ 138 ]

ruse
09-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by DJ 138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ruse:
what kind of damage can somebody do with your bank account #? That all depends if you have any loot or not. If you have loot, they can take it, plus probably steal your whole identity with private info like social security #s and such. They could get credit cards in your name and go buck wild. This has happened to 2 different friends of mine (not by Nigerians, BTW) and their credit is seriously fvcked. It takes years to reapir, if ever. </font>[/QUOTE]scary stuff! thanks for that info... i've got a friend who uses my account to receive money because he doesnt have one of his own (he's living in brazil on an expired congolese passport, which makes him ineligible to open his own account) ... so far i havent had any problems but i'm going to be more careful.

natacha
09-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Nigerians: Most of them (99%) are cool, but the bad ones are really, really bad.

liL Ray
09-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by natacha:
Nigerians: Most of them (99%) are cool, but the bad ones are really, really bad. I'll go along with this statement...

mhd
09-05-2003, 04:47 PM
humans, 99% of them are cool, but the bad ones are really really bad

mhd
09-05-2003, 04:48 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ruse:
what kind of damage can somebody do with your bank account #? That all depends if you have any loot or not. If you have loot, they can take it, plus probably steal your whole identity with private info like social security #s and such. They could get credit cards in your name and go buck wild. This has happened to 2 different friends of mine (not by Nigerians, BTW) and their credit is seriously fvcked. It takes years to reapir, if ever. </font>[/QUOTE]scary stuff! thanks for that info... i've got a friend who uses my account to receive money because he doesnt have one of his own (he's living in brazil on an expired congolese passport, which makes him ineligible to open his own account) ... so far i havent had any problems but i'm going to be more careful. </font>[/QUOTE]why not open a separate account just for this purpose, even at a different bank

AD
09-05-2003, 04:54 PM
What are your views? What the f u c k difference does it make that the person you may want to do business with is Nigerian? Who gives a fock?! You have good people and you have bad people in every race and nationality. Period. What country you're from or what race you are doesn't have sheeyat to do with who you are as a person.

racerx
09-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Have delt with a few in the recent past concerning gems, not diamonds. It was all good and all parties involved made some impressive money.

natacha
09-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by mhd:
humans, 99% of them are cool, but the bad ones are really really bad Very true mhd...

TAC
09-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Yes. His name was Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, and he was born on October 15, 1938, but died permaturely on August 2, 1997.

Bless his Soul.

Peace
TAC

Chip_E
09-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Not sure if this post is a joke or not, but it's a rediculous question.
If the question had been, "should I help someone from Nigeria collect millions of dollars due to them?", I'd say "Hell no. If it sounds too good to be true then it is". But to ask such a general question about a diverse group of people only connected by their birthplace...that's rediculous.

Like MHD responded, they're no different from Texans, Italian, Jews, or HouseHeadz. There are good ones and bad ones.

What's next, "Has anyone done business with short people?"

-e.

And
09-06-2003, 04:07 AM
Thank you Chip_E, Albert, MHD.
-
Hey Flypitcher, re-read Albert's & Chip_E's comments and perhaps in the future you'll be more specific when posing your Nigeria related questions and or comments ... Really we're all very different from each other.
Oh yeah John Hall, you probably could stand to do the same.

rogie
09-06-2003, 06:36 AM
sorry to say that nigerian society is corrupted, in all forms, i've been several times to lagos ( a nightmare city) and the first thing that happens when you land to lagos airport is being catched by police officers telling you 'if you don't want i take you to jail you have to give me some money'
last year, a friend of mine who did not want to pay was beaten up, robbed and was held in jail for one night.
the italian embassy had to intervene and we had to ask help to some nigerian friend who knew some chief over there.
anyway nigeria is a beautiful country , exploited by US and European countries, nigeria has an important cultural background, think about Yoruba griots how much they mean in hip hop culture

[ September 06, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: rogie ]

Fiendish Dr. Wu
09-06-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mhd:
humans, 99% of them are cool, but the bad ones are really really bad I don't know Mark I would place the number at more like 77% :D

flypitcher
09-06-2003, 01:59 PM
I think this may be more enlightening. http://www.lagosforum.com/comment.php?NR=566

Chip_E
09-06-2003, 03:02 PM
eYep, the article says the US is just as corrupt as Nigeria...but pressumes that we are more advanced in that we punish those caught (not always true).

It's really easy to get caught up in the, "USA is perect, greatest country in the world" ish.
Let's see...how did we become the wealthiest country in the world? 200 years of not paying for labor?
It's easy to think that the US is superior to "those other countries", because we have a VERY powerful propopoganda machine.
One example that comes to mind was in a recent thread here about something cool in Japan...a poster wrote something to the effect of, "but if you live in Japan you have little houses", as if Americans are better off with larger homes.

While having a valued system of education, a national healthcare plan, lower divorce rate, longer life expectation, and greatly lower homicide rate may make a country considered as great, these components are less important than having a large house. We've been brainwashed into thinking that consuming more is better. Work more so that you can have more. "Don't believe the hype". Why not save more so you can offer a better future for your children?
Why not live in a smaller house to insure that your kids have money for college and you have money for retirement?
OK, I'm gonna chill...I may be on a tangent now. ;)

As for 77% of people being good or 99% of people being good...it's been proven that approximately 38.67% of all figures quoted are pulled right ouf of someone's arse.

-e.

DJ76
09-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Chip_E:
it's been proven that approximately 38.67% of all figures quoted are pulled right ouf of someone's arse.

-e. ahahahahahahahaha! graemlins/rofl.gif

I like it how we have bad experiences with, say 2 people of similar ethnic background, then we go on and generalize: "don't ever deal with someone from ________ (insert country of origin here), they are the worst".

And
09-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DJ76:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chip_E:
it's been proven that approximately 38.67% of all figures quoted are pulled right ouf of someone's arse.

-e. ahahahahahahahaha! graemlins/rofl.gif

I like it how we have bad experiences with, say 2 people of similar ethnic background, then we go on and generalize: "don't ever deal with someone from ________ (insert country of origin here), they are the worst". </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/lol.gif

lyot
09-06-2003, 07:57 PM
nice one Chip E ! smile.gif smile.gif

flypitcher
09-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Chip E it is my opinion that Africans predominantly at the time sold their own people into slavery, they still do to this day.

Now this in no way abicates the moral responsiblity of those who decided to buy they were wrong.Absolutely. But to think that one of the largest trades in the world that time could have existed without the leaders in their respective countries running the show in their own countries is a bit naive.

I believe that people who decided to buy the slaves were worse than those selling them but when the European and Americans landed in Africa and saw this trade normalized between other Africans they joined in wholeheartedly.

If you went to Africa now they still sell slaves and you COULD buy a Child for the price of a CD. :(

Maybe slavery is that ingrained in the African culture it will never stop.

Chip_E
09-07-2003, 01:39 AM
Flypitcher,
you lost me on your last post. I mean, I know I went off on a tangent...but you started this thread, you kind of have a responsibility to either keep it on topic, or just let it be.

So now it's not just Nigerian's that are bad, but all Africans? Can you let us in on exactly what the point of your original post was/is?

I am NOT attacking you, I'm just confused.
First you ask a question about Nigerians, then you post an article, and next you (I realize that I opened the door to the slavery issue) talk about Africa's involvement in the slave trade.

So please, help a brother out...tell me what this is all about.

Peace,

-e.

uzibee
09-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Chip E it is my opinion that Africans predominantly at the time sold their own people into slavery, they still do to this day.

Now this in no way abicates the moral responsiblity of those who decided to buy they were wrong.Absolutely. But to think that one of the largest trades in the world that time could have existed without the leaders in their respective countries running the show in their own countries is a bit naive.

I believe that people who decided to buy the slaves were worse than those selling them but when the European and Americans landed in Africa and saw this trade normalized between other Africans they joined in wholeheartedly.

If you went to Africa now they still sell slaves and you COULD buy a Child for the price of a CD. :(

Maybe slavery is that ingrained in the African culture it will never stop. Flypitcher...
I was born and raised in West Africa and let me tell you that you are 100% totally wrong. Please stop spreading those fabricated stories. They obviously change the content of your history books to make you beleive such BS. It is common knowledge that the moors (north Africa) were the main slave drivers, not the Sub-saharan (Black) African. Their implication in the slave trade was very, very minor compare to the likes of the Europeans and North Africans.

Please don't beleive everything you read about blacks or Africans concerning the slave trade. Make yourself a favor and go buy a plane ticket to Goree Island in Senegal (My home country). You'll get the 'Real' Story.

[ September 07, 2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: uzibee ]

TAD
09-25-2003, 07:21 AM

Maybe slavery is that ingrained in the African culture it will never stop. the only thing that's ingrained is your racism & your constant need for validation surrounding this matter. who's buttons are you trying o push?

europeans didn't land in africa & see normalized slave trade. where the hell did you get that from? they initially attacked villages unnanounced. you are way off the mark.

who's buying the child slaves? europeans. the families are lied too. they are told their children will recieve a good education so they can go back as productive citizens. the families believe this and willingly give up their offspring in the hopes of at least giving them a better life. or did you miss this part during your extensive research.