PDA

View Full Version : If DeLaHoya-Hopkins Is To Happen.....

Fletch
12-14-2003, 12:41 AM
IT MUST HAPPEN WITHIN ONE YEAR!!!!!!

Both fighters CANNOT afford to wait each other out for two+ years (like Leonard did Hagler). Both are aging fighters, and skills will diminish.

After seeing Bernard Hopkins put grapefruits on both sides of Joppy's jaw, he has solidified himself as the most dominant middleweight since Marvin Hagler. Everyone up in Club 200 Fifth in Brooklyn was talking about the possibility of Hopkins v. DeLaHoya. Yes, I know DeLaHoya has a reach advantage.

This may be the fist non-heavyweight $100 million fight (the Leonard-Hagler of this generation). But it must happen before the end of 2004 or it won't happen at all.

On another note, did I see the best defensive performance in about 15 years (Cory Spinks over Mayorga) or what???? Spinks has everything in a fighter (speed, defense, reflexes). But one problem. In order to hold those belts, he needs to have some pop in those punches. Absolutely no offense. Glad to see old uncle Michael and daddy Leon (What it look like???? Freaky deeky!!!!).

[ December 14, 2003, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Fletch ]

marki
12-14-2003, 06:17 AM
De la Hoya - Hopkins has to happen!! De la Hoya gets it 4 me and so begins another chapter in the great mans life/career.

Watch out 4 Ricky Hatton over here, very convincing victory over Ben Tackie, hes going to get over to the US and eat em all up.

DJ Timmy Richardson
12-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Joppy came down to 2is one night.. He was getting drunk and sweatin me to play OleSkool. Wearing a diamond lettered jacket with his name and whatever title he USED to hold.

Here are some clips from the fight Clips (http://www.darthharlem.com/ra/hopkinsxx.rm)

Erob the One
12-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Good night of fighting. I realize that I miss Lampley, Foreman, Stewart and Merchant drunk ass as commentators. The two commentators last night were horrible. I personally thought that Simms got off a cheap shot that knocked his opponet the fuck out. Spinks did a brilliant job of fighting Myorga, Myorga is a true sportsman by giving Spinks his props in a manly fashion after te fight, Raahman is washed up and a buster too boot, Joppy is doo-doo and has a pumpkin head to show for his efforts, Hopkins is swallowing his pride and is going to be the best out there (looked real good for a 38 year old), and like I said before Zab Judah is back. What was Floyd Mayweather Jr doing in the corner???? He is not a corner man. Real good night for boxing. don King, "Only in America."

Erob

YoRel
12-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Fletch:

This may be the fist non-heavyweight $100 million fight (the Leonard-Hagler of this generation). But it must happen before the end of 2004 or it won't happen at all.

I agree this needs to happen soon, but a 100 mil won't happen. If Roy Jones had not ran from Hopkins when he won the belt. It would've been a bigger fight, the money was nowhere near 100 when they where talking.

Fletch
12-14-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by YoRel:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fletch:

I agree this needs to happen soon, but a 100 mil won't happen. If Roy Jones had not ran from Hopkins when he won the belt. It would've been a bigger fight, the money was nowhere near 100 when they where talking. </font>[/QUOTE]DeLaHoya (the name and box office lure) v. Hopkins (the most dominant middleweight today) makes this a $100 million fight. This is the Leonard-Hagler of this era. That's why this fight is worth $100 million.