PDA

View Full Version : Lights In The Skyy - Felix Da Housecat, do you feel it ? What about Felix ?

the crackhouse
06-18-2003, 03:08 AM
I love this track, this is deephouse isn't it ?

What other Felix releases do you think are worth an ear, be they techno or house ?

I love and already know and/or have
- voices
- thee morning after
- In thee dark we live
- a very hypnotic tune I forgot the name of, techno but like 140 bpm, great journey into the sound

What are your likes in this master works ?

Red D
06-18-2003, 03:26 AM
I absolutely love Felix prior to the 'I Know Elektrikboy' LP on Ffrr, that's when he really started on the electro-styled-clash-gigolo trail that made him one of the top players in the scene.

I have many Felix productions I really love:

- Metropolis album on Radikal Fear
- the Madkatt Courtship I & II albums (=> Wet Wednesday is a killer!!!)
- Clashback on Soma
- Thee Dawn on Guerilla
etc...

But my absolute favourite will remain 'Freakadelica' on Djax-Up beats, that's wildpitch for ya!

Rumour has it that he also collaborated with DJ Pierre for the seminal 'Fantasy Girl' on SRO, anyone?

RD

nev m
06-18-2003, 04:12 AM
I like him best in his Aprohesd guise. And yes RD he prooduced the 303 track behind Phantasy Girl with Dj Pierre.

GROOVE VICTIM
06-18-2003, 06:34 AM
There was some limited edition 12 of "Lights in the Sky" that was released around 1995 on Power Music. The Aphrohead Moody Mix was slammin, but I wasn't too crazy about the other Wild Pitch mixes.

A1 Lite's In Thee Skyy (Mark 909 Fuk's Da Acid Mix)
remix by Mark 909
A2 Lite's In The Skyy (Aphrohead's Moody Mix)
remix by Aphrohead
B1 Lite's In The Skyy (Dj Duke's 101 Mix)
remix by DJ Duke
B2 Lite's In The Skyy (Trackman' Release Mix)
remix by Trackman (2)

I always liked "In the Dark we Live" on Emotive Records. I thought that was a cool track, plus Kenny Dope snagged it for his Soup Mix of "Love is What we need" on Freeze Records.

Peace