PDA

View Full Version : Deep Space @ Plastic People

Fred Naked
08-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Okay, okay, I'm awake now. Damn, what a fine night that was. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Finally, I got to hear what I could only previously interpret through playlists and reviews. For me, the musical direction was truly remarkable, near cinematic. From strings of life (Okay, I concur, the DK edit is superb!) to melba moore - standing right here (okay guys, I get it, it's BY her, she's not the title! graemlins/jpshakehead.gif ), a truly inspired selection of music all stemming from a sound foundation of dub and beyond. I did not leave the dancefloor for a second, not that I could had I wanted to due to the intensity of the music.
There were many 'eyes closed, lost in a sea of sweaty bodies, just dancing, dancing...' moments at this night.

This was my first visit to plastic people, and it will surely not be my last. So simple a concept, yet so few club owners and promoters seem to get it right. Just a room with nothing short of the best sound system. That's it. Doesn't sound tooo hard does it?! Thank-you plastic people for taking it back to basics and showing people how it should be done. Thank-you Francois and Deep Space for sharing your journey with us. I'll be wearing my Deep Space T-shirt with pride! :wink:

Thanks to Steve (Blackwax) for sorting out the night, and Niki for sorting tickets. I should really get straight back into bed dammit, I gotta go to work tomorrow... graemlins/sleep2.gif

blackwax
08-03-2003, 11:48 AM
hey matt what a night I got in o.k mandy was alright lewis has been out all day so i kipped on the couch roll on september 18th can't wait to play on that system

oh and i don't think you will forget the melba moore hahahahahaha

Fred Naked
08-03-2003, 11:50 AM
Damn, you finally awake! I was gonna laugh out loud hearing you were up at 9 to look after lewis, but it's good you got some sleep. I got 4 hours, before being told to get up off the living room floor and go to bed! Apparently I just curled up on the floor!

blackwax
08-03-2003, 11:55 AM
hahahaha thats funny i'll burn those cd's for you tommorow you in the shop mate?

Fred Naked
08-03-2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah man, I'll be in, desperately hunting through you're racks for anything cool that got played saturday! It's gonna be a scorcher, so invest in a fan or I'll boycott the shop!!!1 graemlins/tongueout.gif

mdpm99
08-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Greetings:

Ade (owner of Plastic People) is truly a dedicated soul for the people, music and sound.

I have the upmost respect for this individual. This is the kind of spirit we need more of in the music/dance world.

Say hello to Nikki for me.....she too is very special.

smile.gif

d

Fred Naked
08-03-2003, 12:45 PM
People like Ade are truly hard to come by these days, the world needs more people who stick to what they believe.

Cedric Woo
08-03-2003, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by david mancuso:
[QB] Greetings:

Ade (owner of Plastic People) is truly a dedicated soul for the people, music and sound.

I have the upmost respect for this individual. This is the kind of spirit we need more of in the music/dance world.

Ade is indeed one of the very few club owners with a true love for his music and a meticulous attention towards the quality of his sound system.There's some records i don't wanna hear anywhere else than Plastic People!
He inspired me so much since i met him 3 years ago...I even got married in his temple!

mdpm99
08-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Cedric Woo:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by david mancuso:
[QB] Greetings:

Ade is indeed one of the very few club owners with a true love for his music and a meticulous attention towards the quality of his sound system.There's some records i don't wanna hear anywhere else than Plastic People!
He inspired me so much since i met him 3 years ago...I even got married in his temple! graemlins/beerchug.gif

d