PDA

View Full Version : question about that house mix of The Doobie Brothers

D J 1 3 8
12-22-2003, 09:25 AM
That version of "Long Train Runnin'" (lyrics: "Without Love, where would you be now?")
How old is it?
Who did the remix?
Can you still get it?

I witnessed this track completely blow up a party the other night. Must have now!

mattymatt
12-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by DJ 138:
That version of "Long Train Runnin'" (lyrics: "Without Love, where would you be now?")
How old is it?
Who did the remix?
Can you still get it?

I witnessed this track completely blow up a party the other night. Must have now! If i had to guess, I would say it sounded like jellybean...
I've got it on CDR, I got the MP3 after I heard it at body and soul. Back in the days of audiogalaxy.
I haven't heard or seen it since then. pm me if you want a copy of it... or if you find it on vinyl.
-m

D J 1 3 8
12-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by mattymatt:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:
How old is it?
Who did the remix?
Can you still get it?

I witnessed this track completely blow up a party the other night. Must have now! If i had to guess, I would say it sounded like jellybean...
I've got it on CDR, I got the MP3 after I heard it at body and soul. Back in the days of audiogalaxy.
I haven't heard or seen it since then. pm me if you want a copy of it... or if you find it on vinyl.
-m </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/thumbsup.gif cool. check your PMs.

Number Two
12-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Have you heard the remix of Real Love? I can't place the guy's name that remixed it,but he posts here sometimes. And even entered the remix/re-edit contest and got second place. Peace.

Barrie Moodswing
12-22-2003, 10:58 AM
I have this at home i'll look it out and give you all the info on it.

Jamie 3:26
12-22-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Walter Jones:
Have you heard the remix of Real Love? I can't place the guy's name that remixed it,but he posts here sometimes. And even entered the remix/re-edit contest and got second place. Peace. That was/is still hot.Glad to have had it hott off the presses.

Bernie
12-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Walter Jones:
Have you heard the remix of Real Love? I can't place the guy's name that remixed it,but he posts here sometimes. And even entered the remix/re-edit contest and got second place. Peace. Yeah who is that guy? :D

Maybe he and Alan Smithee should both do something together!!

Martin Red
12-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Barrie' Moodswing' McFarlane:
I have this at home i'll look it out and give you all the info on it. Came out 1990's and was quite a hit in the UK, appreciate a reminder Barrie as my mind is pickled today
graemlins/thumbsup.gif

ivanjb
12-22-2003, 11:22 AM
I remember a Long Train Runnin remix coming out around 1993 on WB that was a progressive house hit, but it was kinda cheesy.

Barrie Moodswing
12-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by DJ 138:
How old is it?
Who did the remix?
Can you still get it?

I witnessed this track completely blow up a party the other night. Must have now! DOOBIE BROTHERS - LONG TRAIN RUNNING (REMIX)- SURE IS PURE BALEARIC MIXES 1993 Warner records

DOOBIE BROTHERS-LONG TRAIN RUNNIN - 1993 Warner records 4Mixes ( sorry no more info)

These were both British releases. hope that helps :D

D J 1 3 8
12-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Barrie' Moodswing' McFarlane:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:
How old is it?
Who did the remix?
Can you still get it?

I witnessed this track completely blow up a party the other night. Must have now! DOOBIE BROTHERS - LONG TRAIN RUNNING (REMIX)- SURE IS PURE BALEARIC MIXES 1993 Warner records

DOOBIE BROTHERS-LONG TRAIN RUNNIN - 1993 Warner records 4Mixes ( sorry no more info)

These were both British releases. hope that helps :D </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks cuz.

Slyde
12-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Best one I've heard is the Ben Liebrand mix...."Locomotive Mix" I think...1993...happy hunting!

Jolyon
12-22-2003, 01:31 PM
The Ben Liebrand Remix is the one to have. The Sure is Pure mix is balls (sorry Kelvin!)

Barrie Moodswing
12-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jolyon:
The Ben Liebrand Remix is the one to have. The Sure is Pure mix is balls (sorry Kelvin!) That's the one I got here.

93 Locomotive Remixes

Side A - Full Guitar Mix*
Organ Mix Edit
Side B - Full Organ Mix*
Original Version

* Additional Production by Ben Leibrand

[ December 23, 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Barrie' Moodswing' McFarlane ]

Jolyon
12-22-2003, 04:18 PM
first track on side b...

original version from the 1976 LP is cool too...

Slyde
12-22-2003, 08:25 PM
ya...the full guitar mix...of course, the best version is the disco one by Traks IMO....with the crazy drums on the b-side....funky...

asnexprss
12-22-2003, 08:54 PM
You can find it on Ballroom Records, I forget which no.

houseaddict
12-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Aight spill the beans, whic party was this dropped at. I wanna be there next time. I've heard the mix before but never in NY. TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

housebe4titties
12-24-2003, 12:06 PM
awwwwwwwwww mannnnnnnnnnn!
i just found out that the doobie bros. broke up!
:(