PDA

View Full Version : people who stand on the dancefloor all screwface like "I'm not feeling this"

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 02:38 PM
I see this all the time, all over town.
I just don't get these people.
They're basically making an ass of themselves, trying to attract attention by pointing out how much they dislike the music and that the DJ's "not doing anything for them". That's fine, that's your opinion, but nobody cares, so just stay off the dancfloor and get out of my way.
And leave that screwface shit at home. It's tired.
Rant over. ;)

djdub63
11-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DJ 138:
They're basically making an ass of themselves, trying to attract attention by pointing out how much they dislike the music and that the DJ's "not doing anything for them". That's fine, that's your opinion, but nobody cares, so just stay off the dancfloor and get out of my way.
Rant over. ;) http://www.speedgarage.com/PIX/YO-Busride/DSC09645.JPG

Just add Sam Burns, a microphone and he will handle those problems ya.

graemlins/rofl5.gif

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 02:51 PM
it's better than those who walk around blowing smoke up the dj's ass even when the dj is sucking real bad....oh, I forgot, that's the new thing to do now...

screwface disgruntled music lovers, now THAT'S HOUSE!!!

simon b
11-17-2003, 02:51 PM
At the Playground club here back in the day the trannies & queens would let their elbows fly on unsuspecting dancefloor parkers....I use a more subtle bump and step, they usually get the point.

Respect the f'ing dancefloor!

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by liL Ray:
it's better than those who walk around blowing smoke up the dj's ass even when the dj is sucking real bad....oh, I forgot, that's the new thing to do now...

screwface disgruntled music lovers, now THAT'S HOUSE!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not talking about blowing smoke. If you're on the dancefloor, simply dance or get the fuck out the way. These screwfaces clearly seem to think their opinion is relevant. If people are dancing all around them, clearly it ain't.

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Furthermore.....as a person who plays music for others, I prefer if folks voice(or show) their dissatisfaction while I'm playing....at least I can try to do something about it and not continue to ruin the rest of their night.

I have a few friends that I try to invite everytime I play because they won't hold their tongues and will always give me their true opinions of how I'm playing....either by the screwface method or just boldly come up and tell me.....I value their opinions way more than the blowers of ass-smoke.

proud card carrying member of the "screwface on the dancefloor" club....if you don't know you are sucking on the turntables, then someone has to tell you!!

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:12 PM
if you don't know you are sucking on the turntables, then someone has to tell you!! That's what an empty dancefloor will do. They don't need to actively try to ruin the good time that those around them are having. That's just selfish.

House
11-17-2003, 03:13 PM
I've stood on the dancefloor and booed the famous and the obscure alike, heartily

Its my money and if you suck imma gonna let you know

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:17 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by liL Ray:
if you don't know you are sucking on the turntables, then someone has to tell you!! That's what an empty dancefloor will do. They don't need to actively try to ruin the good time that those around them are having. That's just selfish. </font>[/QUOTE]an empty dancefloor only tells you there are no people in the place yet....a dancefloor with people doesn't mean the dj is rocking the party or doing well....if you can't see that these folks serve more good to making a party better, then that's your loss.

[ November 17, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: liL Ray ]

MusicFilter
11-17-2003, 03:20 PM
The only other thing I hate most is women dancin' with each other (when they are not gay).

Then they look at bruh man all funny when he tries to break that shit up!

Ladies this is a practice that must STOP.

House
11-17-2003, 03:21 PM
I remember when a famous performer showed up at the Sound Factory Bar so fucked up that he couldn't even remember the words to his songs...Me and my boy started booing while the rest of the sheep said nothing. He stopped his show and said "I know y'all ain't booing me?"

WE GOT LOUDER

and our freinds realized we were right this cat was zooted and was bad and had no business perfroming

its my money and i'll boo if i wannan

Shalewa
11-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Ray is right. Julian is wrong. Expressing displeasure is relevant. I will never cease to be amazed by the anti-consumer tone and spirit of many, many folks in on ther on the commercial side of underground dance music. It is worth noting that the screw faces are often loyal customers whose displeasure matters not only because they are the bread and butter (as opposed to the tourist who ain't too discriminating) patron of the parties and because like canaries in coal mines sometimes it takes the sister or brother with rarefied tastes to signal that there is something amiss.

Discogoddess
11-17-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by chgodj3:
The only other thing I hate most is women dancin' with each other (when they are not gay).

Ladies this is a practice that must STOP. As does the nerdy-ass-trainspotting-DJ practice of gawking at women all night without asking them to dance, or simply joining them on the dancefloor.

[ November 17, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Discogoddess ]

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by St Magus the Reviled:
I've stood on the dancefloor and booed the famous and the obscure alike, heartily

the good old days....it made the djs better...I've heard Timmy Regisford, Little Louie, Frankie Knuckles, Francois K, and many others get booed and yelled at and came back stronger than ever....and this is from some of their biggest fans!

seems like we are in the era of "the dj knows all" and F the disgruntled guest.

Bigups to Camacho for making me realize this point!!!

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:24 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:
if you don't know you are sucking on the turntables, then someone has to tell you!! That's what an empty dancefloor will do. They don't need to actively try to ruin the good time that those around them are having. That's just selfish. </font>[/QUOTE]an empty dancefloor only tells you there are no people in the place yet....a dancefloor with people doesn't mean the dj is rocking the party or doing well....if you can't see that these folks serve more good to making a party better, then that's your loss. </font>[/QUOTE]I was referring to an empty dancefloor in a club full of people, not an empty club.

And people are free to boo from the sidelines, out of the way of the dancers. But if you're standing in the middle of the dancefloor essentially saying "Hey everybody, look at ME. I'm not feeling this" - you're just trying to ruin the good time that others that ARE dancing are having. That's not helping anybody but your own ego.

I actually prefer those that go to the booth and request different music over these damn screwface statues.

Bill Blake
11-17-2003, 03:27 PM
I dont mind people showing displeasure with me and I dont mind showing people my displeasure...whether its on the dancefloor or anywhere else.

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Shalewa:
Ray is right. Julian is wrong. Expressing displeasure is relevant. I will never cease to be amazed by the anti-consumer tone and spirit of many, many folks in on ther on the commercial side of underground dance music. It is worth noting that the screw faces are often loyal customers whose displeasure matters not only because they are the bread and butter (as opposed to the tourist who ain't too discriminating) patron of the parties and because like canaries in coal mines sometimes it takes the sister or brother with rarefied tastes to signal that there is something amiss. There are better ways to express displeasure IMO, like going home.

In addition, so-called "rarified taste" is very subjective. Clearly these folks feel the need to educate those who disagree with their rarified opinion.

[ November 17, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: DJ 138 ]

And
11-17-2003, 03:29 PM

Ladies this is a practice that must STOP. graemlins/rofl.gif Some of your statements today ...
Why do you care if these women dance together?

[ November 17, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: 6 23 ]

Friday
11-17-2003, 03:33 PM
My friend once held a tape up to the dj because he didn't like what he was hearing graemlins/rofl.gif

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:35 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shalewa:
Ray is right. Julian is wrong. Expressing displeasure is relevant. I will never cease to be amazed by the anti-consumer tone and spirit of many, many folks in on ther on the commercial side of underground dance music. It is worth noting that the screw faces are often loyal customers whose displeasure matters not only because they are the bread and butter (as opposed to the tourist who ain't too discriminating) patron of the parties and because like canaries in coal mines sometimes it takes the sister or brother with rarefied tastes to signal that there is something amiss. There are better ways to express displeasure IMO, like going home. </font>[/QUOTE]wow!!....you mean your feelings are so fragile you can't take a show of displeasure while you are playing? It's better to go home? For who? Do you realize that that patron, sitting there, feeling disgruntled, can buy a drink or two while they are still in the place, which allows you to continue playing at that venue every week, because the club owner, who you lied to by saying you have a drinking crowd, and who don't care about anything else but his bar, feels happy, because that disgruntled, screwface, housemusic, lover decided to not take your advice but stay at the bar and drink!!!?

Go home....wow, that's such a sad, unthinking, statement...

[ November 17, 2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: liL Ray ]

simon b
11-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Obviously there more to this thread than meets the eye.

The way I see it: if I'm dancing and you get in my way by standing in my dance space, I will let you know.

Dancers should always have right of way over lame-ass stand ins.

As far as expressing displeasure, ask for your money back and go home —you're bringing me down mopping around like that!!!!!

assholes delight
11-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Discogoddess:
As does the nerdy-ass-trainspotting-DJ practice of gawking at women all night without asking them to dance, or simply joining them on the dancefloor. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Wouldn't they be gawking at the DJ?

Anyways this sounds like a personal experience. Please speak.

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Ray is right. Julian is wrong. Expressing displeasure is relevant. I will never cease to be amazed by the anti-consumer tone and spirit of many, many folks in on ther on the commercial side of underground dance music. It is worth noting that the screw faces are often loyal customers whose displeasure matters not only because they are the bread and butter (as opposed to the tourist who ain't too discriminating) patron of the parties and because like canaries in coal mines sometimes it takes the sister or brother with rarefied tastes to signal that there is something amiss. There are better ways to express displeasure IMO, like going home. </font>[/QUOTE]wow!!....you mean your feelings are so fragile you can't take a show of displeasure while you are playing? It's better to go home? For who? Do you realize that that patron sitting their feeling disgruntled can buy a drink or two while they are still in the place, which allows you to continue playing at that venue every week, because the club owner, who you lied to by saying you have a drinking crowd, and who don't care about anything else but his bar, feels happy, because that disgruntled, screwface, housemusic, lover decided to not take your advice but stay at the bar and drink!!!?

Go home....wow, that's such a sad, unthinking, statement... </font>[/QUOTE]This thread was not AT ALL about me being a DJ. And I'm being honest, believe it or not. It was from a dancer's point of view. A consumer's point of view. When I am dancing , these folks get on my nerves.

:D Funny about lying about the drinking crowd thing.

Bold Soul
11-17-2003, 03:40 PM
6 23 - "Take care of the music."

jimmymack-2000
11-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Doesn't it kind of depend on WHY they're standing there with their faces all screwed up? I was at a "deep house" event last summer that had a nice vibe, not too crowded, when all of a sudden about a dozen surly lookin', Versace-sporting slick haired cats came in, bought drinks, and moved right into the centre of the room (you guessed it, the dancefloor). These guys looked kinda puzzled and seemed drunk as all hell--I think they must have been from one of the smaller cities around Toronto, and someone had told them this place was a good dance club. Well, they obviously weren't feeling it, and instead started being as obnoxious as humanly possible--trying to start fights, grope girls, shouting over the music, etc.

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Ray is right. Julian is wrong. Expressing displeasure is relevant. I will never cease to be amazed by the anti-consumer tone and spirit of many, many folks in on ther on the commercial side of underground dance music. It is worth noting that the screw faces are often loyal customers whose displeasure matters not only because they are the bread and butter (as opposed to the tourist who ain't too discriminating) patron of the parties and because like canaries in coal mines sometimes it takes the sister or brother with rarefied tastes to signal that there is something amiss. There are better ways to express displeasure IMO, like going home. </font>[/QUOTE]wow!!....you mean your feelings are so fragile you can't take a show of displeasure while you are playing? It's better to go home? For who? Do you realize that that patron sitting their feeling disgruntled can buy a drink or two while they are still in the place, which allows you to continue playing at that venue every week, because the club owner, who you lied to by saying you have a drinking crowd, and who don't care about anything else but his bar, feels happy, because that disgruntled, screwface, housemusic, lover decided to not take your advice but stay at the bar and drink!!!?

Go home....wow, that's such a sad, unthinking, statement... </font>[/QUOTE]This thread was not AT ALL about me being a DJ. And I'm being honest, believe it or not. It was from a dancer's point of view. A consumer's point of view. When I am dancing , these folks get on my nerves.

:D Funny about lying about the drinking crowd thing. </font>[/QUOTE]the use of the word "you" was universal....but if it fits, then so be it.

Discogoddess
11-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by homewrecker:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Discogoddess:
As does the nerdy-ass-trainspotting-DJ practice of gawking at women all night without asking them to dance, or simply joining them on the dancefloor. </font>[/QUOTE]Wouldn't they be gawking at the DJ?

Anyways this sounds like a personal experience. Please speak. [/QB][/QUOTE]

It's just annoying to see dudes, esp. DJs and/or "househead" types blather on about the lack of women in house, yet act like 11-year-olds whose sacks just dropped at the 6th grade dance when women DO show up. I've seen it, recently, with my own two eyes (posted a recent experience in a thread last week). Some of these cats then have had the nerve to post comments about the party and/or about the general lack of women on the house "scene" on DHP. The friggin comedy.

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:45 PM
the use of the word "you" was universal....but if it fits, then so be it. it don't.

Leslie
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM

proud card carrying member of the "screwface on the dancefloor" club....if you don't know you are sucking on the turntables, then someone has to tell you!! Just checking in Ray, cause I have done this MANY a time; and will do it again when the occassion arises.

assholes delight
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
Doesn't it kind of depend on WHY they're standing there with their faces all screwed up? I was at a "deep house" event last summer that had a nice vibe, not too crowded, when all of a sudden about a dozen surly lookin', Versace-sporting slick haired cats came in, bought drinks, and moved right into the centre of the room (you guessed it, the dancefloor). These guys looked kinda puzzled and seemed drunk as all hell--I think they must have been from one of the smaller cities around Toronto, and someone had told them this place was a good dance club. Well, they obviously weren't feeling it, and instead started being as obnoxious as humanly possible--trying to start fights, grope girls, shouting over the music, etc. Were you scared? graemlins/rofl5.gif
Sorry sounds like bad apples trying to spoil the bunch graemlins/rofl5.gif

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]

It's just annoying to see dudes, esp. DJs and/or "househead" types blather on about the lack of women in house, yet act like 11-year-olds whose sacks just dropped at the 6th grade dance when women DO show up. I've seen it, recently, with my own two eyes (posted a recent experience in a thread last week). Some of these cats then have had the nerve to post comments about the party and/or about the general lack of women on the house "scene" on DHP. The friggin comedy. Speak the truth, honey!!! I see this all the time....house full of women and all the "dj wannabees" men standing around looking at the dj....it's agood thing I'm married....

assholes delight
11-17-2003, 03:52 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by homewrecker:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Discogoddess:
As does the nerdy-ass-trainspotting-DJ practice of gawking at women all night without asking them to dance, or simply joining them on the dancefloor. </font>[/QUOTE]Wouldn't they be gawking at the DJ?

Anyways this sounds like a personal experience. Please speak. </font>[/QUOTE]It's just annoying to see dudes, esp. DJs and/or "househead" types blather on about the lack of women in house, yet act like 11-year-olds whose sacks just dropped at the 6th grade dance when women DO show up. I've seen it, recently, with my own two eyes (posted a recent experience in a thread last week). Some of these cats then have had the nerve to post comments about the party and/or about the general lack of women on the house "scene" on DHP. The friggin comedy. [/QB][/QUOTE]
graemlins/acclaim.gif

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 03:58 PM
So I'm surrounded by screwfaces ay?
http://jukar.biostat.wisc.edu/pics/tinfoilhat.gif

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 04:01 PM
http://jukar.biostat.wisc.edu/pics/tinfoilhat.gif only if you suck on the turntables....eh, but in this day and age, you never know because they are so many ass-kissing going on out in the club world.

simon b
11-17-2003, 04:15 PM
This thread started about people standing in the way of others trying to have a good time on the dancefloor and it turned into DJs sucking and getting smoke blown up their asses from ass-kissers.

Only on DHP.

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by simon b:
This thread started about people standing in the way of others trying to have a good time on the dancefloor and it turned into DJs sucking and getting smoke blown up their asses from ass-kissers.

Only on DHP. thanks interpreter....don't know what we would do without you.... graemlins/sleep2.gif

simon b
11-17-2003, 04:18 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by simon b:

Only on DHP. thanks interpreter....don't know what we would do without you.... graemlins/sleep2.gif </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/beerchug.gif

Drrtynewyork
11-17-2003, 04:22 PM
you cant make everybody happy on the dancefloor.

liL Ray
11-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DOUG GOMEZ:
you cant make everybody happy on the dancefloor. what's this!!, the kinder, gentlier, post-interview, Gomez?....this too shall pass.... :D

[ November 17, 2003, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: liL Ray ]

TAD
11-17-2003, 04:29 PM
When I am dancing , these folks get on my nerves.wait so which is it? they get on your nerves or in your way and don't say both cuz folks standing in one spot take up less room than dancing folks.

Drrtynewyork
11-17-2003, 04:29 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DOUG GOMEZ:
you cant make everybody happy on the dancefloor. what's this!!, the kinder, gentlier, post-interview, Gomez?....this too shall pass.... :D </font>[/QUOTE]i was busy signing autographs graemlins/biglaugha.gif

hey ray how did it go with that loft space info i gave u? any luck?

[ November 17, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: DOUG GOMEZ ]

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Cosmic_Twin:
When I am dancing , these folks get on my nerves.wait so which is it? they get on your nerves or in your way and don't say both cuz folks standing in one spot take up less room than dancing folks. </font>[/QUOTE]Oh it's both, trust me. A dancefloor is an organic living thing (Jeez, what the fvck did I just type?...) anyway, a dancefloor fuctions best when those on the floor are dancing. You are not required to stay in one place, just dance as you see fit and not step on any toes if you can help it. I find people who are standing on the dancefloor to be taking up valuable dance space (more valuable depending on how packed the floor is), this taking up of space, coupled with the "hey, check me out, this is my 'I'm not feeling this' face!" attitude gets on my nerves. So, yeah, it's definitely both.

House
11-17-2003, 05:17 PM
SCREWFACE NAH DEAD!!!

(Marked for Death)

sammyrock
11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Rant over. ;) AMEN!!!!!!!! Stay home... smile.gif

D J 1 3 8
11-17-2003, 05:19 PM
SCREWFACE NAH DEAD!!!

(Marked for Death) BAD MAN NAH WEAR G-STRING!
(not relevant, just one of the funniest dancehall lines of all time)

Hippie
11-17-2003, 05:23 PM
If anyone says those famous Dj got booed in there own house there liars. A DJ playing music may drop something new that the audience does not recognize and get puzzled looks. But understand that if this is the DJ's house then you go to hear him in all his glory good and bad. I dropped a Grace Jones track one time that I new was going to hot and everyone stopped dancing and just stood around. Well this was my house and I wasn't going to let that shit start everytime they didn't recognize a record so I got on the mike and said to them " Listen I know you don't recognize the song but your going to be beggin for it in a couple of weeks so dance to it now or pay the price of me playing over and over until you dance. Now I know some of you may think hey it's my money why should I dance to some shit I don't know or feel right now well, the reason is I get the music as a promotion from the companies and part of my job for getting those records is to play them. If I thought the record sucked I wouldn't even drop it but if I think the record is good then you're going to have to get use to it real quick. I remember Larry playing records and people would be what like what the fuck is this shit or Larry feeling in a weird mood and dropping something completely from left field. You got the Dj in all his glory good and bad. If you start giving in to the audience deciding your music then there is no point in you Djing and calling yourself a DJ. After all if the audience knows what it "likes and doesnt like" then the club doesn't need your ass they can just hire a guy to play the peoples favorites all night long. Don't be arrogant but also don't let the audience do your homework. Peace Baby

DJ Rated M
11-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Hippie:
If anyone says those famous Dj got booed in there own house there liars. A DJ playing music may drop something new that the audience does not recognize and get puzzled looks. But understand that if this is the DJ's house then you go to hear him in all his glory good and bad. I dropped a Grace Jones track one time that I new was going to hot and everyone stopped dancing and just stood around. Well this was my house and I wasn't going to let that shit start everytime they didn't recognize a record so I got on the mike and said to them " Listen I know you don't recognize the song but your going to be beggin for it in a couple of weeks so dance to it now or pay the price of me playing over and over until you dance. Now I know some of you may think hey it's my money why should I dance to some shit I don't know or feel right now well, the reason is I get the music as a promotion from the companies and part of my job for getting those records is to play them. If I thought the record sucked I wouldn't even drop it but if I think the record is good then you're going to have to get use to it real quick. I remember Larry playing records and people would be what like what the fuck is this shit or Larry feeling in a weird mood and dropping something completely from left field. You got the Dj in all his glory good and bad. If you start giving in to the audience deciding your music then there is no point in you Djing and calling yourself a DJ. After all if the audience knows what it "likes and doesnt like" then the club doesn't need your ass they can just hire a guy to play the peoples favorites all night long. Don't be arrogant but also don't let the audience do your homework. Peace Baby WORD, Hippie!!!

graemlins/respekt.gif

liL Ray
11-18-2003, 06:41 AM
If anyone says those famous Dj got booed in there own house there liars. BULLSHIT!!! I disagree....no disrespect to you Hippie, but no ass-kissing either....I have been there, done that and know many who have done the same....the difference between then and now is that both parties (dj and fans) never held it against each other.....these were their hardcore fans who did this and their fans came back for more the next time....

I remember Larry playing records and people would be what like what the fuck is this shit or Larry feeling in a weird mood and dropping something completely from left field. ...and we would boo him also....the night he lost one of his friends (we didn't know) and came in the Garage and played "Don't Drive Drunk" over and over again(back to back to back) we booed the shit out of him.....and there have been many other times....this didn't mean we weren't his biggest fans.

I was there on many nights at Shelter when Big Chris, Bobby Sarge and many others would yell, boo and hiss at Timmy....but they are there every week and yell and scream with vigor when he is on the money and RIIIIPPPING it.

Please don't misinterpret disgust at one's performance at a given time with overall dislike.

[ November 18, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: liL Ray ]

House
11-18-2003, 07:22 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hippie:
If anyone says those famous Dj got booed in there own house there liars. BULLSHIT!!! I disagree....no disrespect to you Hippie, but no ass-kissing either....I have been there, done that and know many who have done the same....the difference between then and now is that both parties (dj and fans) never held it against each other.....these were their hardcore fans who did this and their fans came back for more the next time....

I remember Larry playing records and people would be what like what the fuck is this shit or Larry feeling in a weird mood and dropping something completely from left field. ...and we would boo him also....the night he lost one of his friends (we didn't know) and came in the Garage and played "Don't Drive Drunk" over and over again(back to back to back) we booed the shit out of him.....and there have been many other times....this didn't mean we weren't his biggest fans.

I was there on many nights at Shelter when Big Chris, Bobby Sarge and many others would yell, boo and hiss at Timmy....but they are there every week and yell and scream with vigor when he is on the money and RIIIIPPPING it.

Please don't misinterpret disgust at one's performance at a given time with overall dislike. </font>[/QUOTE]I can attest to what Ray is saying as I remember these same scenes ( hell I remember that Dont Drive Drunk marathon)

liL Ray
11-18-2003, 07:45 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hippie:

Please don't misinterpret disgust at one's performance at a given time with overall dislike. </font>[/QUOTE]I can attest to what Ray is saying as I remember these same scenes ( hell I remember that Dont Drive Drunk marathon) </font>[/QUOTE]thanks....for a minute there I thought I was bugging...NOT!!

Cheddar
11-18-2003, 07:55 AM
http://jukar.biostat.wisc.edu/pics/tinfoilhat.gif only if you suck on the turntables....eh, but in this day and age, you never know because they are so many ass-kissing going on out in the club world. </font>[/QUOTE]x1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i.be.me
11-18-2003, 12:56 PM

Ladies this is a practice that must STOP. graemlins/rofl5.gif why - just cause you don't like it?

i love dancing with my girlfiends. i can dance full out and i don't gotta worry about a guy getting the wrong idea. why do you feel like you have the right to "break that shit up?"

get over man, and just enjoy the view! graemlins/tongueout.gif

Hippie
11-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Two things. First it wouldn't happen in my house. I would have your ass thrown out before you had a chance to open your mouth a second time and two Ray your to young to remember the Garage. I'm talking about the club in NY not the one in your house. But serious I wouldn't allow someone in my house to voice his opinion on my floor. that's my floor and you being there is a privelage. Not that I'm a star far from it but most clubs are private and they have the right not to let you in. People would beg and stand outside the Garage to get in with a member. So if you got away with it as you say it's because Larry was to out of it to see you clearly. Your action is the same as a comedian being heckled in his set and I'm sure you can see how distracting that can be for the rest of the patrons enjoying the show. I know you think it's good for the Dj to get booed if he sucks but it's hard enough trying to get your head into something without someone distracting you with some shit on the floor. Hey even in Saturday Night Fever the Dj played a record that someone came up and said what is this shit play something I can dance to. And he turned around and said there dancing right ( there was one couple on the floor ). So just because your not feeling the record doesn't mean everyone else is not feeling it. Hell there were nights when I thought I sucked and instead at the end of the night people were coming up and saying dam I had a great time with the music and I was like really I thought I sucked. So even in nights where you think your bad it may the best night of someone else . Peace baby

DJ Timmy Richardson
11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
SCREWFACE NAH DEAD!!!

(Marked for Death) A Classic

TAD
11-19-2003, 12:37 AM
Ray your to young to remember the Garage. I'm talking about the club in NY not the one in your house.graemlins/sleep2.gif