PDA

View Full Version : Colonel Abrams: Runnin'

AC
09-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Was this ever officially released? I have it on a bootleg with Teddy Pendergrass and Brainstorm re-edits.

AC

[ September 05, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: AC ]

upliftdisco365
09-05-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by AC:
Was this ever officially released? I have it on a bootleg with Teddy Pendergrass and Brainstorm re-edits.

AC I know that "Running" was released on a comp with "Speculation" and all the Colonel's other stuff, but it wasn't the gritty one from the club, that your older cousin bought on acetate for $75 that eveyone would stare at and say, "Ohhhh". It's way tamer. Not sure if the gritty one was ever released.

AC
09-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AC:

AC I know that "Running" was released on a comp with "Speculation" and all the Colonel's other stuff, but it wasn't the gritty one from the club, that your older cousin bought on acetate for $75 that eveyone would stare at and say, "Ohhhh". It's way tamer. Not sure if the gritty one was ever released. </font>[/QUOTE]The one on my boot sounds like a dub, and it has the typical Tim Regisford/Boyd Jarvis productions sounds.

And what about "Release the tension"? I know this has never been released, there should be a bootleg as well at Vinylmania I think.

AC

blackwax
09-05-2003, 08:22 AM
The one I have sounds like it was taken from the reel

bad recording but I still love that jam

statuskuo
09-05-2003, 10:37 AM
love this track.. I need the orig.

jsd540
09-05-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AC:

AC Not sure if the gritty one was ever released. </font>[/QUOTE]It's a folklore that old DJ's tell their chillun'... It starts of with,

one night at the garage...

:D

melodic
09-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Runnin is by Jovon.

melodic
09-05-2003, 02:53 PM
it's Turn and Runaway

liL Ray
09-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by melodic:
Runnin is by Jovon. not that Runnin...you're showing your age...hahahaha