PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Carter - Choice album

delbhoy
11-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Having listened to this CD im amazed at how little the true chicago house scene has changed since the 80s/90s. What a CD and what a introduction for me to the early chicago house boom.

Im currently awaiting delivery of the Marshal Jefferson - History of Chicago house scene 1980/90 so cant wait.

Im so glad of this site, hailing fron Glasgow, Scotland, the look on some of my freinds faces when im telling them we must go and see Jefferson/Carter/Farina/Chandler and co when they make a visit here is a sight i must say when they say "who the feck is that??" then a few hours later they are asking me for the CDs and mixes from here!!!

Nick_G
11-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Saw the Marshall Jefferson CD in the shops yesterday and was tempted, but its a bit of a shame that both CDs (one mixed, one unmixed) had very similar tracklistings. Does anyone know which one was which as it didn't say on the cover?

I may get the Derrick Carter one as well sooner or later but its just one of many things I'm after at the moment.

beaniboy67
11-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by delbhoy:
Having listened to this CD im amazed at how little the true chicago house scene has changed since the 80s/90s. What a CD and what a introduction for me to the early chicago house boom.

Im currently awaiting delivery of the Marshal Jefferson - History of Chicago house scene 1980/90 so cant wait.

Im so glad of this site, hailing fron Glasgow, Scotland, the look on some of my freinds faces when im telling them we must go and see Jefferson/Carter/Farina/Chandler and co when they make a visit here is a sight i must say when they say "who the feck is that??" then a few hours later they are asking me for the CDs and mixes from here!!! yo man there is a few scots on the board.i am from falkirk and so is my m8 barry moodswing macfarlane.

if you want to check out any local dj'ing talent go to

www.unhearhousedjs.co.uk (http://www.unheardhousedjs.co.uk)

there is lots of scottish based djs you might not have heard of and some you might have heard of.there also a lot of chicago/new york,us djs mixes there too!

i have a link to a mix of me spinning on my handle below too.just click if you wanna listen.im not sure if it will be your cup of tea tho, if you like derrik carter lol.mibae a wee bit more chilled.