04-14-2003, 12:00 PM
What's ya point Remix??

Koffy Brown
04-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
What's ya point Remix?? good question

LEONARD REMIX RROY
04-14-2003, 12:20 PM
My point is....quite a few people last week were posting about the military setting their sights on the poor in ghettos as recruits and selling these youths false dreams...as I stated that urban youths have a better chance at survival in the military than the hood.

I am still trying to find the total murder rate for the United States last year just to see if it beat out 58K (KIA Vietnam service members)

House
04-14-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm sure that if you looked the per capita murder rate in the prison system would be even lower still than the rate in the usa and the rates of our major cities......

its interesting how you can make numbers tell any story you wish

Koffy Brown
04-14-2003, 12:27 PM
I remember that they use to do this here...youth that had been in trouble give them an option to go the military or go to jail...I am not for sure if it was a government program or just up to the judges discretion...

Jamie 3:26
04-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I don't know Remix.There are cats in the hood who are just as shell-shocked as a vet of a war.True,the promise of an education is the main reason a lot of brothers and sisters sign up for i the first place.It's not like it used to be..a dumping ground for misfits.Hell you used to be able to sign someone in.

There is trouble everywhere.There is a generation that forgot what was passed down to them.The older folks who used to check the kids when they were wrong,stopped doing that.They concentrated on getting high and partying.The issues we face in our communities are stemming from the crack invasion.See Remix,you were gone when things took a turn for the worse.

The invasion and demise of our communties are stemming from self-hate and disregard for life.

Don't give up on the youth or our people.Even if folks think you are crazy for trying to point out the truth to them...dont stop.If you get thru to one person,you have done more than a whole host of folks.

LEONARD REMIX RROY
04-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by your idol, Buddy Love:
I'm sure that if you looked the per capita murder rate in the prison system would be even lower still than the rate in the usa and the rates of our major cities......

its interesting how you can make numbers tell any story you wish What the hell are you talking about Brain Damage?

It's insteresting how member rarely agree with you. You already know how I feel about you people, I made that clear years ago right here.

LEONARD REMIX RROY
04-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ashaki:
I remember that they use to do this here...youth that had been in trouble give them an option to go the military or go to jail...I am not for sure if it was a government program or just up to the judges discretion... That option is gone.

Koffy Brown
04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
I don't know Remix.There are cats in the hood who are just as shell-shocked as a vet of a war.True,the promise of an education is the main reason a lot of brothers and sisters sign up for i the first place.It's not like it used to be..a dumping ground for misfits.Hell you used to be able to sign someone in.

There is trouble everywhere.There is a generation that forgot what was passed down to them.The older folks who used to check the kids when they were wrong,stopped doing that.They concentrated on getting high and partying.The issues we face in our communities are stemming from the crack invasion.See Remix,you were gone when things took a turn for the worse.

The invasion and demise of our communties are stemming from self-hate and disregard for life.

Don't give up on the youth or our people.Even if folks think you are crazy for trying to point out the truth to them...dont stop.If you get thru to one person,you have done more than a whole host of folks. Jamie I whole heartedly agree with...but let's say we have a young black man that you see has great potential..maybe hooked up with the wrong crowd...so you tell him his choices are to go to jail or go to the military...you wouldn't be for sending him to the military...what's the worse that can happen? leaving him to the streets could be worse...

LEONARD REMIX RROY
04-14-2003, 12:53 PM
I still talk to the young people but when a drug dealer roll by in a truck sitting on 20 / 26 inch rims...getting that becomes their focus and the words I said are quickly forgot but, I havent given up yet.

Cheddar
04-14-2003, 12:55 PM
People are supposed to die at war..there is no garuantee of safe return. In the hood..people are not supposed to die.

Koffy Brown
04-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 1343:
People are supposed to die at war..there is no garuantee of safe return. In the hood..people are not supposed to die. The hood is very much a war zone...

Cheddar
04-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ashaki:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1343:
People are supposed to die at war..there is no garuantee of safe return. In the hood..people are not supposed to die. The hood is very much a war zone... </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly.
My response was to Remix, because he may be right about the hood survival rates...yet that has nothing to do with his remark that people were bashing the recruiters. Apples and Oranges.

House
04-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LEONARD REMIX RROY:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by your idol, Buddy Love:

its interesting how you can make numbers tell any story you wish What the hell are you talking about Brain Damage?

It's insteresting how member rarely agree with you. You already know how I feel about you people, I made that clear years ago right here. </font>[/QUOTE]...i'm saying numbers can lie...my hypothesis is that the murder rate in prisons is equal to or less than the rates you posted for select cities on a per capita basis...if my hypothesis is correct it would show that kids also have a better numerical chance of surviavl in jail (not a desired outcome)...i'm actually looking to see if this theory has any validity to it right now...

or to spell it out for the Brain Damaged - if you want to go by homicide rates as a chance for survival/success, and comparing the military to the world at large, your analysis is flawed

a few reasons
1. military personnel live in controlled environments with strict discipline
2. the economic/drug motivations for violent crimes are not the same due to the environment
3. outside of times of war military members shouldn't be getting killed at any higher rates than the geeral pop. due to their living in stated controlled environments - and i daresay the rates of homicide should be less
4 the deterents for aberrant criminal behavior is more stringent - who wants to deal with military justice and years in the stockade

so of course the miltary offers a better chance of survival than the hood - but your use of homicide rates to prove your point is absurd

for example..compare murder rates in "the hood" with murder rates in

colleges
seminary's
peace corps
technical training schools

and lastly my example (it might be wrong) : prisons

so as i state you can use numbers to prove any point and numbers do lie

what members were talking about last week was opportunity and opportunity cost (mhd's slavery line) - is there opportunity in the military - yes and the price is your life if we go to war, something rarely touched on in the recruiters be all you can be "career opportunity" madison ave glitz

lastly, its interesting how "member" do agree with me - except the assholes of course (and as always this board is a reflection of "the world")

[ April 14, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: your idol, Buddy Love ]

LEONARD REMIX RROY
04-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 1343:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ashaki:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1343:
People are supposed to die at war..there is no garuantee of safe return. In the hood..people are not supposed to die. The hood is very much a war zone... </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly.
My response was to Remix, because he may be right about the hood survival rates...yet that has nothing to do with his remark that people were bashing the recruiters. Apples and Oranges. </font>[/QUOTE]Recruiter bashing really was not my point either, i guess we both got mixed up via what I posted smile.gif

I try to be as proactive in the hood as I can, some of these kids around my way have nothing & nobody to tell em anything good / right.