PDA

View Full Version : Somethin' to think about.....

Jamie 3:26
08-06-2003, 12:06 PM
The world may never get the full meaning of house and the music that makes up house.I see house becoming the jazz of our times.They are really paralle universes.You have jazz purists who look down on fusion and new age jazz.It's the same thing with house.Some folks only like the classic house.Some folks love the kinds of house music that push the envelope.

Me....I just love music.It is my sanctuary.It is my other woman.It is my friend.It is the thing that can speak for me,when I can not.

Be happy with what we have and do not try to go nuts making folks get what it is that makes us love this kind of music.

If you want to make mean money,this is not for you.There never was a big money making machine attached to this music anyways.There really is no way to market something that has no culture attached to it.

Please excuse my rants.I just came in from lunch,enjoying the sun and the breeze and just had to reflect on a few things.

Enjoy ya self and have a good time,cause music is my friend...it is my life...and I love it.

House
08-06-2003, 12:08 PM
yo...i always like how you break this topic down

peace

Terry James
08-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm graemlins/acclaim.gif sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

AD
08-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Well said... http://deephousepage.com/smilies/praise2.gif

richierich
08-06-2003, 12:17 PM
Agreed.. music is personal anyways. You may not feel a song the same way that I do... it's okay.
What I do trip on is when people debate music..what the **** is there to debate either you like some shit or you don't.

Terry James
08-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by richierich:
Agreed.. music is personal anyways. You may not feel a song the same way that I do... it's okay.
What I do trip on is when people debate music..what the **** is there to debate either you like some shit or you don't. Unfortunately, everyone wants to consider themselves to be an authority on music. These are the same cats that name drop and hang out in the booth instead of the dance floor. They command respect based off of their associations and are quick to criticize if something is not to their liking.

"If you aint open, you aint house"

[ August 06, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Terry J ]

MusicFilter
08-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by richierich:
What I do trip on is when people debate music..what the **** is there to debate either you like some shit or you don't. I don't mind a little debate. No one is really an expert. I enjoy this thread because we can express feelings and opinions here. I read the guidelines and stay within them.

I love music too.

Shannon
08-06-2003, 12:36 PM
I touched on this in my interview a long while back... Thanks for sharing..