PDA

View Full Version : speaking of tipping, what's the most you ever got tipped as a DJ?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
09-10-2003, 01:54 PM
http://deephousepage.com/smilies/twocents.gif

D J 1 3 8
09-10-2003, 01:54 PM
I usually tell people waving money in my face to fvck off. However, on a few rare ocassions, I have been persuaded to aid in the seperation of a fool and his money.

Some jerk once gave me a $100 bill to play "Good Times".

I have often been given drugs, usually weed but occasionally coke. I would usually just give it to someone else 5 minutes later cuz drugs and DJing don't usually mix for me. I will smoke a little at the beginning or end of a night, but that's about it.

Jamie 3:26
09-10-2003, 01:56 PM
50 bucks to play some Frank Sinatra.I always get weed given to me @The Basement.There have been nites where I was off of my rocker.I don't get blasted as much anymore while playing.

music
09-10-2003, 01:58 PM
hey jamie 3:26 which frank song?

MCarnet
09-10-2003, 02:09 PM
I just recently played a house party, and I ended playing for about 6 hours, so anyway, the host of the party put a tip jar out for me in the living room (I didn't even know about it) I made 75 bucks! I couldn't believe it...

As far as being payed to play a track, 20 bucks to blast gabrielle(sp?) on New Years day at like 9'oclock in the morning while everyone was asleep, that was great! He walked in and said "20 bucks to whoever can play Gabrielle right now." The funny thing is, if the guy had just asked me to do it I would have.

[ September 10, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Marcus A ]

Jamie 3:26
09-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by music:
hey jamie 3:26 which frank song? The way you look tonite...

AgentDoubleA
09-10-2003, 02:28 PM
My boy just told me that this mobil d.j. he knows just got a gig in Miami for Lenny Kravitz. This mobil jock goes to the W.M.C. each year and happened to be at a party where Lenny was at and gave him a c.d. Well now he's getting an all expense paid trip to Miami and $3000 to play for Lenny and friends. graemlins/scared.gif

simon b
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
During the Just For Laughs festival I was playing some lame party for Comedy Central I got $100 USD for playing "Jump Around." What an idiot that guy was....PS Comedians can't party for shit. That long haired blonde guy from the x-files asked me to turn down the music at the party cause he wanted to talk business with some exec's.

Plus I used to have policy regarding requests..want me to think about playing that song write in on a five dollar bill, want me to play it at some point in the night on a twenty, want me to play it right now on a $100.......