PDA

View Full Version : Im thinkin of selling all my records.

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 09:31 AM
I dislike doing this but I have to part with my collection,there is alot of history within this record collection.I have tears in my eyes just knowing I have to part with them but the truth is I have no space for to put em.Im currently renting a storge unit for the collection but I have no desire to keep doing that right now.

Everything must go before the end of this month..

If not Mr. Trash Man gets em..

Email sammyrock@mail.com to see if I have something you want..

Everything is priced at $10..

Domestic,Imports & hard to find records...everything must go..thx.

Steven Stewart
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Man..... if you want 10.00 a record, I suggest you start ebayin them shits.:rofl5:

the crackhouse
03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I dislike doing this but I have to part with my collection,there is alot of history within this record collection.I have tears in my eyes just knowing I have to part with them but the truth is I have no space for to put em.Im currently renting a storge unit for the collection but I have no desire to keep doing that right now.

Put your rare shit on ebay for 20 or 30, they will pay for your storage a little while. Don't rush into selling everything at 10, if you have the choice of course.

Or try to contact some ebay or discogs seller with high ratings and give him/her 40% of the sales.

Just my opinion.

Idance

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Thx guys.

Chris Burns
03-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Sammy you are up in Bmore right? Could I just come take a look myself?

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Sammy you are up in Bmore right? Could I just come take a look myself?

Check your PM sir..thx

sn
03-07-2010, 04:52 PM

When I sold my collection, I tried ebay and other online sites and found it to be mundane and not worth the trouble. Selling online is one thing, shipping is a whole other beast!
So I decided to take the records to the clubs and sell them there. After about 3 months of doing this weekend after weekend, I was satified with what I had made and gave the rest of my collection to a childhood friend. It all worked out!

Good luck!

Tee Cee 13
03-07-2010, 05:14 PM
You Know I would like to see some of the for sale Items fo sho......

TAC
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
$10 per item, or $10 fo the whoel collection? It's not clear.

Bongo Rock
03-07-2010, 05:43 PM

really ???

CarlCollins
03-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Sammy...can you give a small sample listing of maybe 5 titles you're parting with...I need a better idea of what you have...

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM

Per Item sir..

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Sammy...can you give a small sample listing of maybe 5 titles you're parting with...I need a better idea of what you have...

Yes Carl..I'l start the painful process tonight.

Andrew Osborne
03-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Horrible news Sammy! Don't do it!

Bongo Rock
03-07-2010, 06:04 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rAHnwWfsaY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_rAHnwWfsaY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CarlCollins
03-07-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes Carl..I'l start the painful process tonight.

Cool...

sammyrock
03-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Horrible news Sammy! Don't do it!

I hear you..Someone I know that lives close by just offered my a storage to hold em for me till I find a house big enuff to hold them..

So there is hope!! Ill still put up a few,in case someone wants them.There are just too many records and Im an AARP member already.

the crackhouse
03-07-2010, 06:18 PM
I hear you..Someone I know that lives close by just offered my a storage to hold em for me till I find a house big enuff to hold them..

So there is hope!! Ill still put up a few,in case someone wants them.There are just too many records and Im an AARP member already.

C'mon man, if you can find a cheaper or free solution, just do it, or start by selling your worse records or those for which you don't have the best feeling.

You know there are some wax you can never see again.

Idance
PS: tell your wife to spend less, kill your dog, sell your mother and children, steal your neighbor, swindle your insurance... Ebay was just the first thought.

AD
03-07-2010, 06:32 PM
do you have a partial list of the items? besides house, what other genre is the next biggest collection? i'm looking for salsa.

TAC
03-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Per Item sir..

No problem. So you actually believe that EVERY peice of vinyl that you own is worth at least $10?

DJ Timmy Richardson
03-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Quickest way to get rid of them is to a store. You'll be lucky to get a dollar per piece.

DJ BARRY B
03-08-2010, 12:05 AM

Onemanztrashizanothermanztreasure!!!!!
http://oswaldadventures.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/garbage.jpg

wil milton
03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Hello Sammy,

Perhaps you can inquire at A1 Record Store in the Lower East Side, and their status. Stewert Upchurch from the former Vinylmania was working there. Have an awesome day

Sincerely
Wil Milton

sammyrock
03-08-2010, 07:48 AM
thx again guys.

Goin to leave em in storage for a while,too many people are askin of me NOT to sell yet,and others on this thread gave me some other ideas as to takin my time doing this,too many years and memories to just say goodbye to them.Damm!!