PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious to know from everyone...

Harry A
08-13-2003, 03:44 PM
What is your favorite House song (Deep, Garage, or Underground), of all time for you all??? Remember this would be the ULTIMATE song of your collection. It would be a song that touches you everytime that you hear it, even to the point of getting "goose-bumps" (LOL!!!) I know that this is hard to narrow it down to (1) song, but if you had to say it, what cut would it be???

My personal favorite : "Cocomotion" - El Coco

Now, what's yours???? - Harry A! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

And
08-13-2003, 03:48 PM
I can never narrow it down to one ...

Jamie 3:26
08-13-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey Sukka.I have been trying to get in touch with you.Call a brother...

Harry A
08-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey stranger!!!! (LOL!!!) Hit me up at my e-mail:

harrya85@yahoo.com

I have soooo much to tell you!!!!!

Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
Hey Sukka.I have been trying to get in touch with you.Call a brother...

Friday
08-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Reachin" - Phase II This song lifts me up when I am feeling down on the dance floor or in my studio.

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes:

Jamie 3:26
08-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Check ya mail...

richierich
08-13-2003, 03:56 PM
Whadup Fool
La Luces Del Norte - Los Ladrones ...does it every time
Peace

Harry A
08-13-2003, 03:58 PM
What's up, Dude!!!!! smile.gif Nice one!!!!!

Originally posted by richierich:
Whadup Fool
La Luces Del Norte - Los Ladrones ...does it every time
Peace

Harry A
08-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Nice one GF!!! I used to LOVE the Joey Negro mix of that!!! I thought that was totally forgotten. Would you still beat that in a party today????

Originally posted by gf:
Reachin" - Phase II This song lifts me up when I am feeling down on the dance floor or in my studio.

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes:

AD
08-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by gf:

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes: I have a copy that I'm willing to trade. hmmmmmm... :D

AD
08-13-2003, 04:08 PM
It's impossible for me to narrow it down to just one song, but "Deep Kiss" by Ten City and "Closer" by Mr. Fingers will always be right up there.

DeesKo
08-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Wishing You Were Here - Blaze

Nege
08-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Mystery of love by Fingers Inc.
never stopped playing it since I bought it.
but still that would be one song out of hundreds that would be favourites of mine.
There is too much music from the 70s 80s and 90s to narrow it down to one.

[ August 13, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Nege ]

Mocambo
08-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Fingers Inc - Music takes me up
RedNose Distrikt feat Alma Horton - Gotta make a move(DJ Spinna Remix)

Alma Horton is one of my favoite singers.

rob gregory
08-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Peace.

Just As Long As I Got You - Love Committee

I got the chills just writing it.

Friday
08-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Harry A:
Nice one GF!!! I used to LOVE the Joey Negro mix of that!!! I thought that was totally forgotten. Would you still beat that in a party today????

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gf:

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Most definetly!!!! But I would have to have a copy of it and not from Albert...anyone else??? graemlins/rofl.gif

Another one would have to be I know you, I live you - Chaka Khan.....I need room when this comes on! smile.gif

Harry A
08-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Great songs, everyone!!!! I feel the same about each one that you all have submitted. I love tunes that touch your soul, and that you can get your groove on, as well....

Friday
08-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by PhoreAyem:
Peace.

I got the chills just writing it. Yes!!!! chills!!!! nice... graemlins/cheering.gif

Harry A
08-13-2003, 04:30 PM
You know what, you are going to make me pull this 12" out, and play it when I get home from work. I can just here the chorus now - "Wishing you were heeeeerrrreeee......Wishing you were heeeeeerrrrree..." Damn, that's a cut!!!!!

Originally posted by DeesKo:
Wishing You Were Here - Blaze

SMOOTH87
08-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Optimo - Liquid Liquid... My favorite of all time!!!

frique
08-13-2003, 04:50 PM
this is too easy for me.

i'm a big freak by phreek. everytime i'm doin flips all over the room. i got my dj name from this record because from beginning to end, this record sums up my whole house music experience from when i first heard house music in 1984, and still does to this day. please djs, don't play this record when i'm at the club; my momma might be around.

is this the legendary harry a, the one who used to beat it with us back in the milwaukee av. loft days?

[ August 14, 2003, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: frique ]

JoeB
08-13-2003, 04:53 PM
watch them come - RDJ

frique
08-13-2003, 04:56 PM
cocomotion '79 is a close second. i think u turned me on to that one. so smooth, what a great song, all 10 minutes or so of it. definately a cut that opened me up to my feminine side (fellas, u know what i'm talkin about).

samsfromkiribati
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Rance allen-peace of mind
fingers inc -music takes me up
francis the great-look up in the sky
code 718-equinox
first choice-double cross
flowers-for real(boot edit version)
dwight druick-georgy porgy
donny hattaway-the ghetto
usg-life is for living
nico gomez-baila chiquibam

Harry A
08-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Hey what's up, Frique!!!!! smile.gif Yeah, it's me!!!! smile.gif It has been a LONG time since we've talked, huh??? Good to hear from ya, and great cut. That's a song that will definitely energize ANY party!!! Great cut!!!!!

is this the legendary harry a, the one who used to beat it with us back in the milwaukee av. loft days? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Harry A
08-13-2003, 05:07 PM
(LOL!!!!!) Damn, you got me trippin' over here. That's "part II" of my ultimate cut. I'm glad that you like that version too. What can I say, pure bliss....

Originally posted by frique:
cocomotion '79 is a close second. i think u turned me on to that one. so smooth, what a great song, all 10 minutes or so of it. definately a cut that opened me up to my feminine side (fellas, u know what i'm talkin about).

Steve Price
08-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Harry,

Stay by the phone...

I'll name my favorite later, too many to consider.

SteveP

Dave K
08-13-2003, 05:20 PM
I think i would have to name at least 4
1.Sweet Thing by Conversion
2.You got that something by Logg
3.Loves Masquerade by 280 West
4.Crying by Instant Funk

Harry A
08-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Dave, I have to tell you, you have GREAT taste in music!!!! EVERY song that you listed, I LOVE!!!! As a matter of fact, "Crying" is a nother one of my personal favorites. That is one song that Ron Hardy played at the Armory one night in the late 80's that litterally shook my body into chills.

"Loves Masquerade" is a record that every D.J. Should have!!!! Talk about a beautiful, but bangin' record!!! A true classic in my opinion.

Originally posted by Dave K:
I think i would have to name at least 4
1.Sweet Thing by Conversion
2.You got that something by Logg
3.Loves Masquerade by 280 West
4.Crying by Instant Funk

Harry A
08-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey stranger!!! Hit me up at my e-mail:

harrya85@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Steve Price:
Harry,

Stay by the phone...

I'll name my favorite later, too many to consider.

SteveP

Steve Price
08-13-2003, 05:41 PM
That is one song that Ron Hardy played at the Armory one night in the late 80's that litterally shook my body into chills.
I wonder whose party that was..... :D

SteveP

Dave K
08-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Thank's for the compliment I consider the 280 West as one of the new classics myself and have to add 2 more cuts to that list."You can't have it" by Stargaze (When ever i do a classic's mix cd this must be on it) and Don't Keep me Waiting" by Tia Monae. That song had me at hello.

djyoavb
08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
to name a few...
cloud one- disco juice
wood, brass and steel- funkanova
David Joseph- you can't hide your love
conversion- let's do it
Alicia Myers - i want to thank you

Nege
08-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by frique:
this is to easy for me.

i'm a big freak by phreek. everytime i'm doin flips all over the room. i got my dj name from this record because from beginning to end, this record sums up my whole house music experience from when i first heard house music in 1984, and still does to this day. please djs, don't play this record when i'm at the club; my momma might be around.

I'm a big Phreek is another one for me too.
reminds me of saturday afternoons at the Skadium Roller Rink.
I DESPERATELY NEED A PLACE TO PLAY THIS RECORD!!!!!!
who would appreciate it that is...............

Nege
08-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by gf:

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes: Is that a hint?

jackit
08-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Souffles H Mondo grosso or I feel the Rhythm by chuggles

däp
08-13-2003, 06:30 PM
what's up bruh'n-law!!! haaaa.

my all time fav has to be "the world is a ghetto" performed by will downing, remixed by frankie knuckles (~89).

peace

AD
08-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by gf:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Harry A:

Still looking for it, perhaps someone will "lend" me their copy? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Most definetly!!!! But I would have to have a copy of it and not from Albert...anyone else??? graemlins/rofl.gif

Another one would have to be I know you, I live you - Chaka Khan.....I need room when this comes on! smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Fine then!! You get caca! No more offers from me. mad1.gif

Nege
08-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Albert Diaz:

Another one would have to be I know you, I live you - Chaka Khan.....I need room when this comes on! smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Fine then!! You get caca! No more offers from me. mad1.gif </font>[/QUOTE]wow
Caca
haven't heard that word since I was 11................

AD
08-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Nege:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albert Diaz:

Another one would have to be I know you, I live you - Chaka Khan.....I need room when this comes on! smile.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Fine then!! You get caca! No more offers from me. mad1.gif </font>[/QUOTE]wow
Caca
haven't heard that word since I was 11................ </font>[/QUOTE]I'm 12. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif

Querck
08-13-2003, 07:12 PM
GU's "I feel dub".

This track blew my mind the first time I heard it, and I still lose it every time I hear it. I need it on vinyl, but it's awfully hard to get. mad1.gif

alex zen
08-13-2003, 08:30 PM
jamie principle - cold world

djmarbll
08-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Wow. It's very difficult to choose just one tune that takes the cake. But if I had to choose, I'd say "Happy Music" by Rainbow Brown. That song to me defines what disco/deephouse/rare groove is all about. And it's produced by the legend himself -- Patrick Adams.
What's up Harry. I still a have a copy of the Thursday night "Dusty Groove" set you did (subbing for Rick Wocjik) on WHPK in the mid-to-late 90's. You hooked me up on Don Blackmon at Dr. Wax (before they moved to where they are now) and I bought that Logg album from you and a Buari album that was very modestly priced in the store back then ($5). ;)

AK
08-13-2003, 10:15 PM
I find it difficult to compare classics with newer songs, and I like both. Must give two:

Classic: "Hooked on Your Love"--Fantastic Aleems
Newer: "He is the Joy"--Donna Allen

E-Phi
08-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Taking a note from AK, my two all time favorites are
"Don't Stop Your Love" Booker T
"Stay Close" Mondee Oliver

Matt U
08-14-2003, 02:00 AM
Two newer ones:
"Are You Using Me" Luther Vandross
"Wonderful Person" Black Masses

Two older ones:
"Do U Luv Me" Lil' Louis
"Whatever Makes You Happy" Ten City

Two classics:
"You Can't Hide Your Love" David Joseph
"Mainline" Black Ivory

It's so hard to single out just one all-time favourite dance track, but these 6 always do it for me.

frique
08-14-2003, 03:38 AM
newer cuts; classics in my book. these tunes, no matter how many times i play them, never seem to leave the crate, because there's nothing that can replace them in terms of the effect on the dance floor whem i beat 'em. don't u love it when djs play the hottest sh*t out yo crate. ohhhh maaaaannnn!

chubby chunks 'testament two'
csilla 'play with the voice' orig mix
'funk force project' straight up records
ten city 'superficial people'

[ August 14, 2003, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: frique ]

DLow
08-14-2003, 06:37 AM
It's hard to narrow down just one. I have to go with 'Movin' by Brass Construction.

Ayo
08-14-2003, 07:27 AM
Love Is the Message

Mack-Williams
08-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Classics - Live this planet (I know this might be the wrong name)

New Song - If I Lose my Woman - Kenny Lattimore and MAW. I like the version with out the words to song more. The version when Kenny comes in towards the end and just starts blowing.

Brut by Faberge
08-14-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Ayo:
Love Is the Message i would think that one of your incomparable inner beauty and intelligence could find one better than that...hehehe graemlins/remybussi.gif

okay, mine are "love and happiness" by river ocean, um..."atmosphere strut" by cloud one, and "i love you" by bumblebee unlimited (i got a thing for patrick adams).

upliftdisco365
08-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Deep House: "Never No More Lonely" - Robert Owens
Disco: "Our Love is Insane" - Desmond, Child and Rouge.
70's Pop: "Jackie Blue" - Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Ayo
08-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by THX-1138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ayo:
Love Is the Message i would think that one of your incomparable inner beauty and intelligence could find one better than that...hehehe graemlins/remybussi.gif

okay, mine are "love and happiness" by river ocean, um..."atmosphere strut" by cloud one, and "i love you" by bumblebee unlimited (i got a thing for patrick adams). </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/nono.gif I realize that someone as young as yourself really probably couldn't appreciate such a masterpiece because you were too young at the time. But someone with taste such as mine realizes that Love is the Message is a classic!

Matt U
08-14-2003, 08:31 AM
Ah yes. You can't jump "Love is the message". The groove is uncomparable.

Brut by Faberge
08-14-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Ayo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by THX-1138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ayo:

okay, mine are "love and happiness" by river ocean, um..."atmosphere strut" by cloud one, and "i love you" by bumblebee unlimited (i got a thing for patrick adams). </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/nono.gif I realize that someone as young as yourself really probably couldn't appreciate such a masterpiece because you were too young at the time. But someone with taste such as mine realizes that Love is the Message is a classic! </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/respekt.gif damn baby! just jokes is all! and you are absolutely right...too bad you can't dance to it anymore, what with the gout and all graemlins/rofl.gif

Fiendish Dr. Wu
08-14-2003, 08:51 AM
Mine would be "Essence of a Dream" by Risque III.

formerly known as kenspank
08-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by PhoreAyem:
Peace.

I got the chills just writing it. i agree with that! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

djyoavb
08-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Eargasm:
Mine would be "Essence of a Dream" by Risque III. graemlins/thumbsup.gif K's the man!

AK
08-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Mack-Williams:

New Song - If I Lose my Woman - Kenny Lattimore and MAW. I like the version with out the words to song more. The version when Kenny comes in towards the end and just starts blowing. Great song Mack!