PDA

View Full Version : What's for lunch today?

'Magic' Juan
09-29-2003, 10:18 AM
Seeing that food post on the front page is making me HUNGRY!! So .. what's in your lunch bag today? I have to very plain bologna sandwiches and a banana :( Aaah, well .. it will have to do.

magic_juan

kev
09-29-2003, 10:20 AM
I brought some butternut squash ravioli that I made last night. Eating a banana right now. What up Juan!

ChiJAM
09-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Ham sammich and chips. graemlins/sleep2.gif

ChiJAM

DJ Omar Herrera
09-29-2003, 10:22 AM
BANDEJA PAISA!!!!!!!

upliftdisco365
09-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick.

AD
09-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick. You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif

Jamie 3:26
09-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick. You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]I know the deally.John hooks up the manager with cd's,in exchange for food. graemlins/rofl.gif

AD
09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
After seeing all that Latino food, I'm definitely gonna go to Tacos Mexico and load up on four tacos al pastor, two tacos de asada, and two de carnitas with a big, fat horchata to wash it down. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

09-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
After seeing all that Latino food, I'm definitely gonna go to Tacos Mexico and load up on four tacos al pastor, two tacos de asada, and two de carnitas with a big, fat horchata to wash it down. graemlins/thumbsup.gif What's the differance between those tacos?

imported_Chr_stopher
09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
pollo tropical - 1/2 chicken value meal 4.99 usd

SuzanneT
09-29-2003, 10:33 AM
With all the posts about Latino cuisine, I had to break down and get a cuban sammich graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AD
09-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by JAMIE 3:26:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
After seeing all that Latino food, I'm definitely gonna go to Tacos Mexico and load up on four tacos al pastor, two tacos de asada, and two de carnitas with a big, fat horchata to wash it down. graemlins/thumbsup.gif What's the differance between those tacos? </font>[/QUOTE]tacos al pastor = marinated pork meat with cilantro, onions and salsa.
tacos de carnitas = little pieces or shredded pieces of roasted pork meat with cilantro, onions and salsa.
tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! biggrinangel.gif )with cilantro, onions, and salsa.

09-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Fed ex me a few of em....tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! )with cilantro, onions, and salsa

'Magic' Juan
09-29-2003, 10:46 AM
Dang .. I forgot about horchata. I LOVE THAT SH*T!! Also, agua de tamarindo and agua de jamaica. Hmmmm .....

magic_juan

AD
09-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Fed ex me a few of em....tacos de asada = marinated beef meat (very tender and very yummy! )with cilantro, onions, and salsa They've gotta have some good, fast-food taco joints in Chi. Do you guys have a Tacos Mexico? If not, look for any joint that has the word "taqueria" in it and chances are that it should be good. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif

[ September 29, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Albert Diaz ]

AD
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Magic Juan:
Dang .. I forgot about horchata. I LOVE THAT SH*T!! Also, agua de tamarindo and agua de jamaica. Hmmmm .....

magic_juan Tamarindo is good, but agua de GUAYABA is the mutha fuggen bomb. Agua de sandia and melon is pretty yummy too. Got dammit!! This is making me hungry and thirsty. I'm out. http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif

[ September 29, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Albert Diaz ]

'Magic' Juan
09-29-2003, 10:59 AM
We've got TONS of awesome Mexican places in the Chi. Just go to Pilsen or Little Village. J, if you are ever over here just give me a holler and we will go vinyl 'n' burrito hunting. I'll hook you up ....

magic_juan

P.S. Offhand, Los Comales has THE BOMB steak burritos.

upliftdisco365
09-29-2003, 11:06 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Albert Diaz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by upliftdisco365:
Taco Smell has the new Spicy Chicken Enchilada. $1.49 Three should do the trick. You eat a lot of Taco Hell, don't you? http://deephousepage.com/smilies/smokin.gif </font>[/QUOTE]I know the deally.John hooks up the manager with cd's,in exchange for food. graemlins/rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Hey, it's dirt, cheap spicy meat. Now there's your killer slogan. I wish they did take music, bro. I'd be there even more.

I know Taco Bell is simply the corporate bastardization of real mexican food. You guys out west got it good. REAL good. Out here, we gotta take what we can get, man.

09-29-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Magic Juan:
We've got TONS of awesome Mexican places in the Chi. Just go to Pilsen or Little Village. J, if you are ever over here just give me a holler and we will go vinyl 'n' burrito hunting. I'll hook you up ....

magic_juan

P.S. Offhand, Los Comales has THE BOMB steak burritos. MJ,I was being funn.Hell,I got mexican homies.I know where to go to get the deal if I want it.Now,tell me a good burrito place.I like that spot on Ashland down from DustyGroove.

'Magic' Juan
09-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I've been there and they are pretty good. The burrito place that I go to is Los Comales (1544 W 18th St). Just take Ashland south until you get to 18th st and it is right there on the left hand side (next to the alley ... yes, save the jokes). Very good food and decent prices. I think they have expanded the franchise as I have seen other joints pop up near Ford City on Cicero. The original Comales was on 26th street, if I am not mistaken.

magic_juan

ultra
09-29-2003, 11:21 AM
A protein shake and a salad.

Germain
09-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Guinness and a chocolate chip cookie. Need a little buzz for this trip back to Chicago:)

[ September 29, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Germain ]

jsd540
09-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Hale and Hearty broccolli and cheddar soup w/ half of a tomato basil and mozzarella sandwich...

and for dessert Chocolate Doughnut w/ lots of sprinkles...

mmmmmm...

AgentDoubleA
09-29-2003, 01:39 PM
I brought in some leftover Jerk Chicken that I grilled last night. D-lish!! graemlins/1luvu.gif

Anyone get any fried mouse from Popeye's? graemlins/puke.gif

DJ Rated M
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
some turkey chilli with wheat spaghetti did da trick....

JMJ
09-29-2003, 01:43 PM
I had Chinese. She was cute. Just kidding. Chicken fried rice and an egg roll......JMJ biggrinangel.gif

djezmike
09-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Sub- Whey tuna

jsd540
09-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JMJ:
I had Chinese. She was cute. Just kidding. Chicken fried rice and an egg roll......JMJ biggrinangel.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif

DLow
09-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by AgentDoubleA:
I brought in some leftover Jerk Chicken that I grilled last night. D-lish!! graemlins/1luvu.gif

Anyone get any fried mouse from Popeye's? graemlins/puke.gif I just heard about this. I heard it was in Maryland...is that true? If so, I'm not f*ckin' with them...shit, I might not f*ck with them period behind that...

Tee Cee 13
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Rice and Beans, Steak smuthered in onion & peppers hummmm....... I LOVE IT!

Rainless
09-29-2003, 02:29 PM
Bah Mahi Mahi Fish Taco's with chips and queso from La Salsa!! Yum-yum smile.gif

Brut by Faberge
09-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Rainless:
Bah Mahi Mahi Fish Taco's with chips and queso from La Salsa!! Yum-yum smile.gif wow i never tried a fish taco. is it good?

icon_rofl.gif

JMJ
09-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by THX-1138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rainless:
Bah Mahi Mahi Fish Taco's with chips and queso from La Salsa!! Yum-yum smile.gif wow i never tried a fish taco. is it good?

icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Let me step away from my keyboard. Way too easy.....JMJ icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif

Rainless
09-29-2003, 02:43 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by THX-1138:

icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Let me step away from my keyboard. Way too easy.....JMJ icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]OKAY...whats so FUNNY!!! :rolleyes:

Brut by Faberge
09-29-2003, 02:54 PM

icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Let me step away from my keyboard. Way too easy.....JMJ icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]No really, I hear it just depends on whether it's wet or dry. I think when there's no sauce, the dry kind are just not as good. When I have one, I'll make sure it's got lots of sauce biggrinangel.gif

JMJ
09-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by THX-1138:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:

icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Let me step away from my keyboard. Way too easy.....JMJ icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif icon_rofl.gif </font>[/QUOTE]No really, I hear it just depends on whether it's wet or dry. I think when there's no sauce, the dry kind are just not as good. When I have one, I'll make sure it's got lots of sauce biggrinangel.gif </font>[/QUOTE]Sauce is a must......JMJ graemlins/cool_shades.gif

MyNia
09-29-2003, 09:46 PM
I had Steak & Shake, yummy!!

hippy74
09-29-2003, 10:34 PM
What i had for lunch ...

Burrito de carnitas
large horchata

from EL TAURINO .....

MC
09-29-2003, 11:01 PM
I had a really nice big turkey salad. I'm trying to watch my model figure.

MJC
graemlins/cool_shades.gif