PDA

View Full Version : Loose Joints/Loose Jointz?

eric justin
10-01-2003, 03:33 PM
I just picked up a copy of "Shoot The Pump" by J Walter Negro and the Loose Jointz on Zoo York Recordz. Were they any relation to the Loose Joints on West End? Just wondering graemlins/conf44.gif

Jolyon
10-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Supposedly so...some of the same musicians (not Arthur Russell though).

ladyboygrimsby
10-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it was apparently the same musicians. How much did you pay for that? It's pretty tricky to tuen up these days. Zoo York was John Hammond''s label (the guy that signed, among many, Aretha Franklin and Bob Dylan).

djklas
10-01-2003, 04:20 PM
What else do we like on Zoo York?

-I've got one called Love Massage that I really like.

ladyboygrimsby
10-01-2003, 04:24 PM
That's the only other record I own on Zoo York. It didn't last long, but I'd be interested to know of any good 'uns.

djklas
10-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby:
That's the only other record I own on Zoo York. It didn't last long, but I'd be interested to know of any good 'uns. I have a few others, I think one called "Feel It" isn't too bad.

djklas
10-01-2003, 04:45 PM
another question are "Futura Records" & "R&R(Rockin' & Reelin')" Tied in with Zoo York?

There is a cut by Machine on one of these labels, I've never heard it. Anyone know if it's any good.
Thanks,
klas

eric justin
10-01-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby:
Yeah, it was apparently the same musicians. How much did you pay for that? It's pretty tricky to tuen up these days. Zoo York was John Hammond''s label (the guy that signed, among many, Aretha Franklin and Bob Dylan). I payed $5 for it.