PDA

View Full Version : Fellow DJ's - Radio Show opportunity

mdpm99
07-10-2003, 11:26 AM
I asked that they send me info so that I could post it and hopefully it will be of use to you.

Good Luck!

d

From: "Daniel Donnachie" Daniel.donnachie@btopenworld.com>
To: "Kelvin Andrews" andrews_kelvin@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:07:04 +0100

Dear David,

This is is the text that we have prepared for you to send onto people for us. We really appreciate you doing this for us. As you can see from the text we would like to get as any people on board who the love the music we love. We are looking at filling the airtime with carefully programmed music chosen by the people with that relevant experience.

Please send the following text:
Hello,

Hope you are well. I am writing from Nottingham in the UK. I have been chosen by my dear friends Kelvin Andrews and Danny Spencer to inform you of an exciting project that is taking shape. My friends have been making music for 17 years and have always put their energies back into
the parties and spreading the music. I have always been endeared by their production and the records they collect. They changed my life many moons ....Opened my mind to music that had never crossed my path before. The Loft Compleations, Paradise Garage, Warehouse and the Music Box. And
this was just the start. I was born in 1978 and I'm still finding out so much about the past (and loving every minute). Records that were released
before I was even born. Personally I can't wait to get certain records on the airwaves. That's why we want to make this this a real opportunity to hook everyone up and ensure that this rich legacy is secure. Music philosophy being "Anything Good!!!". No era regulations with this project.

Please read the following mission statement that my friends have prepared
for you as this is an invitation for you to contribute as much as you wish to their project. The idea is to generate interest in all the best music, old and new, providing links to related sites, shops that support the vibe,historic links etc. One idea I have is to have a permanent show dedicated to any Ear Candy contributors so, if you are one please contact myself or Luvradio about this.

Kindest Regards

Daniel Donnachie - Surface Noise - daniel.donnachie@btopenworld.com

Luvradio is a new concept in internet based real world local community regeneration.Its an international hub where the underground music community can spread love and positive inspiration through underground music.

> >Luvradio was concieved one late summer night two years ago following a
> >fantastic party for friends and their friends. We noticed that the choice
> >of real underground music via web radio was somewhat limited and
> >commercially based.
> >
> >We thought it would be cool if all like minded souls who celebrated life
> >with music in all the different parts of the world could hook up and have
a
> >central point on the internet where we could exchange our ideas on music,
> >parties and life.
> >
> >As the concept grew, it became apparent that this was something that we
> >needed to do. We have found many kindred souls in all parts of the
> >globe.Wonderful people who wish to spread a musical message for the love
> >and positive feeling it can bring.
> >
> >Our mission now is to use the power of the internet to create a global
> >network of local communities.All in touch, locally AND globally ! A
> >worldwide local family !
> >
> >We aim now to get as much support as we can to turn this dream into a
> >reality.
> >
> >The emphasis being on quality underground music, legacy and love.
> >
> >Quite recently things have been presented to us i.e technical support and
> >overwhelming approval from all corners. It is almost as if this is
> >something that we have to accomplish.
> It's somewhere for our children to learn thus preserving their musical and
> spiritual heritage.
> >
> >We now felt is was time to contact the people who inspired us to do this
in
> >the first place. There are a few and we feel that their support will make
> >all the difference in turning this thing around. Its important to let you
> >all know that Luvradio is and always will be a non profit organisation
> >investing in local communities and supporting the underground music vibe
> >(for want of a better word}
> >
> >We hope to fund the running and expansion of the station through suitable
> >and related sponsorship with links to music education for positive,
> >spiritual and welfare based community projects worldwide. Initial contact
> >with potential sponsors has produced an enthusiastic response and we are
> >confident of securing the funds to get the ball rolling with
Luvradio.com.
>
> >
> >We certainly have a wish list for the people providing the music and up
to
> >now we have had nothing but a fantastic response (we are naming no names
as
> >yet because we hope to avoid the 'selling' aspect in something of this
> >nature. If you are a recipient of this introduction , you can safely say
we
> >are counting on your support being part of our extended worldwide music
> >family.
>
> >
> >I hope this sketches the idea of Luvradio for you our friends and answers
> >any initial questions about what this is all about.
>
>
> >
> >soulmekanik@scientist.com. Phone 01782 283223
> >
> >thepeople@luvradio.com

[ July 10, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: david mancuso ]

imported_Chr_stopher
07-10-2003, 11:37 AM
smile.gif

kev
07-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Sounds positive. Keep us posted, D. :D

DJJM3.COM
07-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Yes please keep us posted......

mdpm99
07-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Greetings again:

I would suggest that you (if this is of interest to you) contact:

"Daniel Donnachie" <Daniel.donnachie@btopenworld.com>

Please let him know that you got the info thru me and that you would like to be kept "posted" re the project.

I can only "bring the water to the horse," the rest is up to you graemlins/cool_shades.gif

Cheers!

graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jolyon
07-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Thank you David, for again providing quality information.

Did you meet Simon today? How did it go?

Tee Cee 13
07-10-2003, 03:29 PM
graemlins/thumbsup.gif

kev
07-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Planted my seed, David. One love...

mdpm99
07-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Jolyon:

Did you meet Simon today? How did it go? Yes I did. It was a 3 hour IV. A very nice fellow indeed.

smile.gif

d

Mah'chew
07-11-2003, 01:03 AM
sure is pure :D !

Jolyon
07-11-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by david mancuso:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jolyon:

Did you meet Simon today? How did it go? Yes I did. It was a 3 hour IV. A very nice fellow indeed.

smile.gif

d </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/beerchug.gif

Great!

mdpm99
07-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Update: re: information and logo:

Hello David,

Hope you are well. I am writing from Nottingham in the UK. I have been chosen by my dear friends Kelvin Andrews and Danny Spencer to inform you of an exciting project that is be conceived very soon. My friends have been making music for 17 years and have always put their energies back into the parties and spreading the music. I have always been endeared by their production and the records they collect. They changed my life many moons ago. Opened my mind to music that had never crossed my path before. Classics from The Loft, Paradise Garage, Warehouse and the Music Box. And this was just the start. I'm just about to turn 25 and I'm still finding out so much about the past (and loving every minute). Please read the following mission statement that my friends have prepared for you as this is an invitation for you to contribute as much as you wish to their project. One idea I have is to have a permanent show dedicated to any Ear Candy contributors so, if you are one please contact myself or Luvradio about this.

Kindest Regards

Daniel Donnachie - Surface Noise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luvradio is a new concept in internet based real world local community regeneration.

Its an international hub where the underground music community can spread love and positive inspiration through underground music.

Luvradio was concieved one late summer night two years ago following a fantastic party for friends and their friends. We noticed that the choice of real underground music via web radio was somewhat limited and commercially based.

We thought it would be fantastic if all like minded souls who celebrated life with music in all the different parts of the world could hook up and have a central point on the internet where we could exchange our ideas on music, parties and life.

As the concept grew, it became apparant that this was something that we needed to do. Having found many kindred souls in all parts of the globe.

Our mission now is to use the power of the internet to create a global network of local communities.

We aim now to get as much support as we can to turn this dream into a reality.

The emphasis being on quality underground music.

Quite recently things have been presented to us i.e technical support and overwhelming approval from all corners. It is almost as if this is something that we have to accomplish.

We now felt is was time to contact the people who inspired us to do this in the first place. There are a few and we feel that their support will make all the difference in turning this thing around. Its important to let you all know that Luvradio is and always will be a non profit organisation investing in local communities and supporting the underground music vibe (for want of a better word}

We hope to fund the running of the station and the expansion through suitable and related sponsorship and link to education and positive spiritual and welfare based community projects.

We will use all profits after running costs to organise charity based parties to improve local life and knowledge.

We certainly have a wish list for the people providing the music and up to now we have had nothing but a fantastic response (we are naming no names as yet because we hope to avoid the 'selling' aspect in something of this nature.

I hope this explains the idea behind Luvradio and answers any initial questions about our aims.

soulmekanik@scientist.com. Phone 01782 283223

thepeople@luvradio.com

[ July 11, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: david mancuso ]

mdpm99
07-12-2003, 05:46 AM
speed bump

flypitcher
07-12-2003, 02:34 PM
d you can take a horse to water but a pencil needs lead ;)