PDA

View Full Version : track id: a soundtrack for war

lola desire
04-11-2003, 09:10 AM
ok... this is NOT going to be another rant by me about how wrong the war is (or the coverage of it or the reasons behind it) i promise!!!! :rolleyes:

but seriously though, has anyone noticed the music they've been playing in the interludes while thye show the "cool graphics" that each channel creates. i've mostly been watching the cbs coverage and the track they're using sounds kind of house-like with a little military march action, perhaps with just a touch of terminator feel to it...

soooo my question is, does anyone know if these war soundtrack songs are creations co-opted for this purpose or are they brewing these cuts up in their marketing department?

[ April 11, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: lola desire ]

D J 1 3 8
04-11-2003, 09:25 AM
Most television channels work with a sound design comapny that designs cutsom songs to accompany their graphics.

I've worked with a lot of these people, and quite often they are total hacks - shamelessly ripping off any track they hear and changing it just enough so that they don't get sued. It is quite possible that the song you're referring to was influenced by an actual commercial release. It is unlikely, however, that they would license a commercial track and then add their own music on top of it.

lola desire
04-11-2003, 09:48 AM
thanks for the info! i'm not surprized about the hacking part.