PDA

View Full Version : New 3 Chairs LP

The Donger
06-03-2003, 08:29 AM
When is this coming out?

I'm sitting here listening to the 1st 3 Chairs 2x12 (*thanks Danny) at work getting pumped up. That "Rain For Jimmy" track is off the hook. Theo please bring that feeling back!

Anybody know where that "Rain" sample comes from? I feel like I know it but can't pinpoint it. I know the full line "Rain all day" was used at the beginning of that Tribe song off the first album. Who can place it?

Actually I feel like I can place many of the samples, but cause they are only a moment's long tease, it aint fully coming to me and it's stressing me out!

The Donger
06-03-2003, 08:46 AM
BTW, there is a new Rick Wade on "Music Is..." label. A return to his earlier style, deeper, less sample loops, and more of those deep Detroit keys...

Red D
06-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Of Donger:
BTW, there is a new Rick Wade on "Music Is..." label. A return to his earlier style, deeper, less sample loops, and more of those deep Detroit keys... Must check that one out! And I feel ya on the sample thingy, just when you think you have it it's gone...

Best example of that is the very first Sound Signature release by TP where he uses a little piece of 'Love and Hapiness' in the First Choice version and builds and builds on that one smile.gif

RD

s parris
06-03-2003, 08:49 AM
I seem to remember that there are Pam Todd & T-Connection samples on that EP somewhere - but I cant listen right now to confirm which tracks.

SP

Billy Woods
06-03-2003, 09:19 AM
"Lets get together" & "Do what you wanna do".

der geile hund
06-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Anybody know where that "Rain" sample comes from? I feel like I know it but can't pinpoint it. I know the full line "Rain all day" was used at the beginning of that Tribe song off the first album. Who can place it?The Tribe cut samples Jimi Hendrix "Still Raining, Still Dreaming".

The Donger
06-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Aha! Of course, I can hear it now! Thanks Kack.

The Donger
06-03-2003, 12:20 PM
I hear "MY Baby's Got ESP" on RIck Wilhite's "Roots of Detroit" as one of the samples.

I can't place the other groove on the track though, I know it's also the main groove on Daniel Wang's Balihu # 3...

[ June 03, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Ghost Of Donger ]

rob2601
06-03-2003, 12:57 PM
When is this coming out?

I'm sitting here listening to the 1st 3 Chairs 2x12 (*thanks Danny) at work getting pumped up. That "Rain For Jimmy" track is off the hook. Theo please bring that feeling back!

Anybody know where that "Rain" sample comes from? I feel like I know it but can't pinpoint it. I know the full line "Rain all day" was used at the beginning of that Tribe song off the first album. Who can place it?

Actually I feel like I can place many of the samples, but cause they are only a moment's long tease, it aint fully coming to me and it's stressing me out! Talking about the 3chairs album, at the moment there is available quite a brandnew 3 Chairs 12" (3CH04) which is taken from the upcoming 3 Chairs album! This 12" is an excellent release in my opinion!!! The record contains 3 tracks, for an impression you should be able to find some audio snippets in the web or just use those short snippets:

A1: All Over (http://www.bassics.de/realaudio/3ch04-a1.ram)

B1: 3 Chairs Theme (http://www.bassics.de/realaudio/3ch04-b1.ram)

B2: No Drum Machine (http://www.bassics.de/realaudio/3ch04-b2.ram)

Ish
06-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Music is... is the shit.

Imma have to find that new one...

graemlins/thumbsup.gif