PDA

View Full Version : JAMMING IN THE CAR....

DISKOQUEEN99
08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
DO YOU DRIVE AND HAVE THE MUSIC GOING LIKE THERE'S A PARTY IN YOUR CAR; BOBBING YOUR HEAD, SINGING AND MOVING IN YOUR SEAT?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REALLY STARED AT
WHILE DRIVING OR SITTING IN TRAFFIC BECAUSE YOU'RE PUMPING SOME MUSIC THAT OTHERS AROUND YOU MIGHT FIND ODD OR MIGHT NOT BE UP ON?

I SEE PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'VE COME OFF THE MOTHERSHIP SOMETIME AND IT CRACKS ME UP. LIKE YESTERDAY, I'M SITTING ON THE E-WAY LISTENING TO COPACABANA AND MANHATTAN TRANSFER'S TWILIGHT ZONE. AND GOT IT UP LOUD DANCING MY AZZ OFF IN MY SEAT AND PEOPLE ALONGSIDE OF ME ARE LIKE WHAT THE HELL?? I CAN SEE THE CAPTION ABOVE THEIR HEADS "WHAT IS THIS BLACK GIRL DOING LISTENING TO BARRY MANILOW?" I JUST SMILE AT THEM AND FEEL THE MUSIC. MAKES THE DRIVE TO AND FROM WORK JUST SO PLEASANT.

THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Kenrick _
08-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DISKOQUEEN99:
DO YOU DRIVE AND HAVE THE MUSIC GOING LIKE THERE'S A PARTY IN YOUR CAR; BOBBING YOUR HEAD, SINGING AND MOVING IN YOUR SEAT?

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REALLY STARED AT
WHILE DRIVING OR SITTING IN TRAFFIC BECAUSE YOU'RE PUMPING SOME MUSIC THAT OTHERS AROUND YOU MIGHT FIND ODD OR MIGHT NOT BE UP ON?

I SEE PEOPLE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'VE COME OFF THE MOTHERSHIP SOMETIME AND IT CRACKS ME UP. LIKE YESTERDAY, I'M SITTING ON THE E-WAY LISTENING TO COPACABANA AND MANHATTAN TRANSFER'S TWILIGHT ZONE. AND GOT IT UP LOUD DANCING MY AZZ OFF IN MY SEAT AND PEOPLE ALONGSIDE OF ME ARE LIKE WHAT THE HELL?? I CAN SEE THE CAPTION ABOVE THEIR HEADS "WHAT IS THIS BLACK GIRL DOING LISTENING TO BARRY MANILOW?" I JUST SMILE AT THEM AND FEEL THE MUSIC. MAKES THE DRIVE TO AND FROM WORK JUST SO PLEASANT.

THEY JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. all the time! only i am too far gone to even notice others looking at me. i think i drive better in that state...

Terry James
08-01-2003, 09:30 AM
I usually roll with the volume on 10 whether its 8am on my way to work or 6pm in rush hour..and I mean windows down. Its hilarious sometimes because they stare....and roll their eyes..but I B JAMMIN

Mack-Williams
08-01-2003, 09:35 AM
I do it all the time. Pumping fist and all. I get strange looks sometime. One time I was on lower Columbus. I had the beginning of Only Somebody playing. Lady in the passenger side of the car next to me turned the music down in her car and started doing air drums along with the music. That made me smile.

Dolemite73
08-01-2003, 09:35 AM
I got a Thousand watt system in my car so my music gets loud. I was listening to Bad Boys by Frankie Knuckles and I had it on loud!! I was bumping down the street and those folks look at me like Im crazy. But I dont care....it's house!

DISKOQUEEN99
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
THIS MORNING I DID FRANKIE KNUCKLES AT PASCHA ALL UP AND DOWN THE OUTER DRIVE, 294 ALL THE WAY TO THE MEDICAL DISTRICT. ALL THE WAY UP. I CALL IT COMMUNITY SERVICE. :D

Dolemite73
08-01-2003, 09:41 AM
I remember another time I was in Virginia Beach, Va buying some movie tickets and my car was park by the curb in from of the theater. I was bumping Breaking Down by Ananda Project and these teenagers were dancing their asses off to it. All I could do is smile. They were like"What is this? This shit is tight!"

Mack-Williams
08-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I got to get a louder system.

richierich
One morning I was leaving out for work and this dude pulled up and parked across the street from my building and he was bumping "Hit and Run" loud as hell. I politely walked over to him and just smiled and said "Yeah Boy i'ts nice to see people still love House". He smiled back and said "Aw hell yeah..always"...It was refreshing to say the least.

DISKOQUEEN99
I DROVE PAST MY MOM'S HOUSE THE OTHER DAY AND THE LOCAL PROSTITUTE WAS IN HER USUAL SPOT BY THE VIADUCT. THERE WERE CARS IN FRONT OF ME SO I WAS KINDA AT A STANDSTILL. I'M LISTENING TO JAMIE SINGING DRIVE ME AND SHE IS DANCING HER AZZ OFF. THIS CHICK LOOKS LIKE OLD BOY IN AMISTAD AND SEAL MIXED UP TOGETHER. I WAS CRACKING UP.

Dolemite73
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Mack-Williams:
I got to get a louder system. Thats why I got my system...to bump it loud and clean....

Mack-Williams
08-01-2003, 09:52 AM
I was outside Sinibar one Sunday night. My roommate's friend, friend pulls up playing How Deep Is Your Love by Blaze. My eyes got big. I walked to the driver side and told her I was in love. She was like why and I said because you are playing this. She was jamming to it. Police made her turn it down though.

lyot
08-01-2003, 09:57 AM
last week I went for a drive with my friends DD & Fiffolius...First we got some weed in Maastricht, in a coffeshop..Next, we drove about 2hours in unknown territory, listening to Timmy Richardsons 'Feeling It' mixtape..Damn, it's been a long time ago that I felt music that hard.. awesome.. :D

DISKOQUEEN99
08-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by lyot:
Fiffolius... INTERESTING NAME.

lyot
08-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by DISKOQUEEN99:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lyot:
Fiffolius... INTERESTING NAME. </font>[/QUOTE]it's his nickname actually..In fact, his correct nickname is Fiffolius Relax ..Supposedly because it once took him two hours to mix between two records..But that's history.. :D

DISKOQUEEN99
08-01-2003, 10:20 AM
KOOL. SAYING IT OUT LOUD MADE ME THINK OF PHIL COLLINS' SONG PSEUDIO.

Discogoddess
08-01-2003, 06:44 PM
In HS and college, my sister and I used to get much play from dudes when we were jammin either in the backseat of my dad's car, or later when he allowed us to drive it (man, I miss that 735I like whoa!). We were bumpin house and disco then, and I sure as hell bump it now...on the way to work, on the way from work, to the club, the store, wherever. Still get a little play from the dudes erry now and then (makes an old lady feel good), and certainly make other people crack a smile when they see the 'fro bobbing up and down/side-to-side . ;) ;) ;)

Recent head-nodder: Sean Sounds' "Straight to the Point" edit....that song makes me crazy! :D

[ August 01, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Discogoddess ]

Ronnie Ron
08-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Yo check it, I have a disco ball hanging from my rear view mirror so when the sun is out its shining all over the place, I have a loud system installed so i know they can feel me comin ;) and hell yeah i be in the car damn near like im in a club. i dont give a *uck cause i know they aint understanding the music anyway, i might as well enjoy myself. im in my own little world.... graemlins/acclaim.gif

JMNYC
08-01-2003, 07:28 PM
The ONE thing I miss the most about moving to NYC is giving up my Jetta with the pumping Alpine system... my friends & I would hit 78 with a passion, a mixtape and a nickel bag and the rest, as they say, is history.

I used to gladly drive an hour to and from work daily so that I had "my time". Of course, lots of people looked at me pumping in that car like I had two heads, but others would open their windows and start jackin right there wit me. :D

E-Phi
08-01-2003, 08:28 PM
When I'm not around my house I got my 2 15's sounding like you're standing in front of a quad earthquake setup graemlins/thumbsup.gif Highs penetrating the inner ear and the bass gets through all the closed windows of the cars around me graemlins/rofl.gif Just the look on the faces makes it worthwhile.