PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get samples cleared?

macam
10-20-2005, 04:59 AM
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but......how much do you have to pay and who do you contact and is it worth it if you sample another recording?

Thanks

<deesee>
10-20-2005, 06:51 AM
if you anticipate selling OVER 10,000 units.................then i would worry about it, otherwise just do like everybody else does.................jack what you wanna jack

wesleyk
10-20-2005, 04:29 PM
ditto.
oh, by the way the promos of "comeback" are in.
fuckin smokin.

did did aaron have Watts mail you any copies?
I just got a few today.

<bumpin>
10-20-2005, 05:56 PM
With regards to sampling published material or selling remixes of published material there is no standard. The owner can refuse or charge you more than it's worth. However, anyone has the right to remake a song provided you pay the minimum royalty for the 1st 500 copies. Read Harry Fox agency web site.

If you ever hope to become a published song writer I would refrain from blatent copyright infringement it could become a skeleton in your closet when you become rich and famous (emphasis on "rich"). All your prior works may be floating around the net indefinitely.

macam
10-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Thanks for your views....

Wes the comeback hasn't been delivered yet because fedex keep coming when I'm not home...but it will be great once i get it.