PDA

View Full Version : Protecting your PC

GROOVE VICTIM
10-12-2004, 03:24 PM
I gotta say, throughout the course of the summer, I must've scanned over 600 computers for viruses and spyware and removed tons and tons of files.

Simply put, it's an all out war out there and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

Anti Virus software is not enough these days.

Right now I'm running Zone Alarm Pro as my personal firewall, Adaware SE (thank the lord they updated this program, got tired of manually checking over 1000 malware files individually), and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Since I got my DSL, I decided to put Zone Alarm to the test and visited every site that I can think of that would load toolbars, games, cursors, Hi jackers, you name it. All of these files have been blocked and when I run the spyware programs, it never fails, I get on average about 40 files to remove, most of them temporary internet files. Not the 4 to 500 files that I'm having to remove from a teacher's computer everyday.

Bottom line, keep your system in good working condition, especially if you're running Windows XP. Keep an eye on the Task Manager for anything suspicious.

"We Can't afford to let one of those things in here!!"

LT. Ripley from "Aliens"

Peace

Detroitbootybass
10-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by GROOVE VICTIM:
I gotta say, throughout the course of the summer, I must've scanned over 600 computers for viruses and spyware and removed tons and tons of files.

Simply put, it's an all out war out there and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

Right now I'm running Zone Alarm Pro as my personal firewall, Adaware SE (thank the lord they updated this program, got tired of manually checking over 1000 malware files individually), and Spybot Search and Destroy.

Since I got my DSL, I decided to put Zone Alarm to the test and visited every site that I can think of that would load toolbars, games, cursors, Hi jackers, you name it. All of these files have been blocked and when I run the spyware programs, it never fails, I get on average about 40 files to remove, most of them temporary internet files. Not the 4 to 500 files that I'm having to remove from a teacher's computer everyday.

Bottom line, keep your system in good working condition, especially if you're running Windows XP. Keep an eye on the Task Manager for anything suspicious.

LT. Ripley from "Aliens"

Peace Another good suggestion would be to ditch Microsoft's "Internet Explorer" in favor of Mozilla's "Firefox".

GROOVE VICTIM
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Detroitbootybass:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GROOVE VICTIM:

LT. Ripley from "Aliens"

Peace Another good suggestion would be to ditch Microsoft's "Internet Explorer" in favor of Mozilla's "Firefox". </font>[/QUOTE]Yes I agree. I have been using it, trying to get used to it after so many years of using netscape and IE.