PDA

View Full Version : Recordable CD'S

richierich
10-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Has anyone ever bought a 30pak or 50pak of blank CDR's to have every other one not function or have some type of error so that you can't actually record on the disc?? Could it be the recorder itself or just defective CD's??

Out of 30 only half are recordable.....

JMJ
10-07-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by richierich:
Has anyone ever bought a 30pak or 50pak of blank CDR's to have every other one not function or have some type of error so that you can't actually record on the disc?? Could it be the recorder itself or just defective CD's??

Out of 30 only half are recordable..... What color is the backing on the CD??.......JMJ

djdub63
10-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Go with the Silver Mitsui.

'Magic' Juan
10-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Never buy the colored Cd's. They skip like a mutha in a car deck. Right now I am working with the Maxell Cd-R's, silver, 40 pack from Walgreens. Only one came out defective - the rest AOK.

magic_juan

JMJ
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
I've been using Memorex and Sony silvers. I rarely ever have a problem.......JMJ

JMJ
10-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Magic Juan:
Never buy the colored Cd's.

magic_juan RACIST!!!.......JMJ AR15firing.gif

'Magic' Juan
10-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by JMJ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Magic Juan:

magic_juan RACIST!!!.......JMJ AR15firing.gif </font>[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

Brut by Faberge
10-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Magic Juan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Magic Juan:

magic_juan RACIST!!!.......JMJ AR15firing.gif </font>[/QUOTE]:rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]graemlins/rofl.gif

DJ BARRY B
10-07-2004, 08:45 AM
I use the black memorex 50 pack cd-r. graemlins/grinyes.gif
Never had a bad cd. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ October 07, 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: DJ BARRY B ]

MusicFilter
10-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I've used many different kind. I've discovered good recordable data discs at micro-center because the recorder I use I can use data discs.

I do recommend Maxell & TDK cd-rs.

Ernest Fountain
10-07-2004, 08:57 AM
yeah, the colored cds have been a problem for me in the past... i'm halfway through a maxell 30 pack, silver, and i've had 1 defective so far...

you may wanna send the defectives back to the manufacturer. hopefully they'll care enough to respond positively in some way...

richierich
10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
The current ones that I am using are Memorex..I have used TDK and Maxell as well in two different burners and there seems to always be at least 35% of the discs that are defective..A couple of times the burner just read "disc error".

[ October 07, 2004, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: richierich ]

JMJ
10-07-2004, 09:13 AM
The current ones that I am using are Memorex..I have used TDK and Maxell as well in two different burners and there seems to always be at least 20% of the discs that are defective..A couple of times the burner just read "disc error". Again, check the backing. Each manufacturer makes different grades of CD's. Also check the speed rating of the CD vs. the recording speed of your burner......JMJ

[ October 07, 2004, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: JMJ ]

richierich
10-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by JMJ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by richierich:
The current ones that I am using are Memorex..I have used TDK and Maxell as well in two different burners and there seems to always be at least 20% of the discs that are defective..A couple of times the burner just read "disc error". Again, check the backing. Each manufacturer makes different grades of CD's.......JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]Oh yeah..my bad.... the color of the back is silver....Last night I went thru 4 blanks just to get to ONE that worked...

[ October 07, 2004, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: richierich ]

Ronnie Ron
10-07-2004, 09:19 AM

Out of 30 only half are recordable..... That used to happen to me with Sony all of the time, i dumped em and went for the Maxell, over a 4 or 5 month period i may have lost two or three at the most.

R-R

Drrtynewyork
10-07-2004, 10:08 AM

Out of 30 only half are recordable..... this happens to me all the time. happens a lot with sonys. I use maxells, even though it may happen with them once in a while