PDA

View Full Version : which cartridges would you recommend...

dj c-los
03-15-2004, 10:51 AM
to transfer all my vinyl to CD.
I want to copy my music to CD but need help in picking a cartridge and needle that gives the best sound quality to get the most out of my transfer.
my m44-7s are very bass heavy so i don't want to use them.
any one have suggestions?

when i start to sell my vinyl collection...that's it. i can't go back and rerecord.

'Magic' Juan
03-15-2004, 10:52 AM
You better drop me an email before you sell, bro. I got dibs on some of your goodies.

magic_juan

dj c-los
03-15-2004, 11:10 AM
definately.

got some rare ones. i should be in Chicago in July. let's hook up.

'Magic' Juan
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by clos7:
definately.

got some rare ones. i should be in Chicago in July. let's hook up. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Matt U
03-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Get Grado DJ200 cartridges. Very nice sound quality. Stanton 680ELII are also decent.

Moksha
03-15-2004, 11:30 AM
DO NOT USE DJ CARTS. Go get a nice mving coil cart. Grado are very good, as are Dynavector, Lyra, Linn, Benz-Micro, etc.

I have an Audio-Technica model that I use for Hi-Fi needs. It sounds pretty nice, and is very reasonably priced at $300.

Looking for something cheap? Then use the Grado DJ 200. . .but I really suggest you avoid this and invest in a hi-fi, moving-coil unit.

styluschris
03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Shure makes a brand of audiofile needles that are great. Pricey (around 300)but one of the best on the market. They are sensitive though, you can't even backque at all, or you'll compromise the stylus.

dj c-los
03-15-2004, 01:14 PM
thanks guy. i'm going to do my homework.

O'love
03-16-2004, 06:31 AM
first question: where do you want to use the CD's? do you want to DJ with them, or listen to at home? if you want to DJ, use the same stuff you use to DJ with, so it sounds the same....the same can be said if you enjoy your current sound, and want to reproduce this..use your current setup to record.....use a good soundcard of course, not creative or build-in crap....it can be a good idea to record in 24/96 or even higher, and backup these .WAV's or AIFF's digitally for when some high-quality audio format comes around....

oh yes, in the Netherlands it's illegal to sell the sources of your copies...when the police raids your house they can take all the copies as you don't have the originals anymore..

Olaf