PDA

View Full Version : Technics SL-DZ 1200 vs Pioneer CDJ 1000 MKII ?

ngeso
02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
can anything be said at this time? anybody seen it (the Technics), played it, heard something, got some industry inside info? has any testing been published?

[i'm considering buying at least one top-end unit by the time this year is over]

peace. ngeso.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
02-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I've seen pictures. When I asked at Midwest Stereo when they were getting them they said not until May. One of the guys there said he had gotten a chance to play around with it briefly at CES but not long enough to form an opinion. He did say it felt solid just like a 1200.

Jamie 3:26
02-18-2004, 10:47 AM
I'm sure these will be all over Miami this year,like the Pioneers were last year.I really like the Technics model,becasue it's pretty and silver.

PhatmikeBaby
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
I can't front the Technics joint looks HOT. It also plays mp3. Sources say that it pretty heavy like the 1200 turntable. I have 2 CDJ1000's and thinking of cop'n one of the technics....as soon as they work out all the bugs.

ivanjb
02-18-2004, 11:12 AM
http://www.dmcdeutschland.de/artman/uploads/technics_sl-dz1200_01_small.jpg

D J 1 3 8
02-18-2004, 11:19 AM
I actually have one sitting on my desk at work but I haven't evne had a chance to play with it yet. I'm working on a promotional video for the product. It seems really fucking cool, but I haven't even plugged it in yet. I do, however, have the manual. I'll try to get that scanned so i can post the specs for you later. It seems like it is gonna stomp all over the Pioneer, but I've never even played with one of those either.

Stayed tuned and I'll post scans later on.

02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DJ 138:
I actually have one sitting on my desk at work but I haven't evne had a chance to play with it yet. I'm working on a promotional video for the product. It seems really fucking cool, but I haven't even plugged it in yet. I do, however, have the manual. I'll try to get that scanned so i can post the specs for you later. It seems like it is gonna stomp all over the Pioneer, but I've never even played with one of those either.

Stayed tuned and I'll post scans later on. What???Man you better play with that thing bruh and tell us the bizzness.I also think it's gonna kick the pioneers ass.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DJ 138:

Stayed tuned and I'll post scans later on. Damn that's cool. Let us know what you think of it.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
02-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Jamie 3:26:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:

Stayed tuned and I'll post scans later on. What???Man you better play with that thing bruh and tell us the bizzness.I also think it's gonna kick the pioneers ass. </font>[/QUOTE]Wasn't technics the first company to offer a cd player for dj use?

D J 1 3 8
02-18-2004, 01:12 PM
Just posted the tech specs in a new thread.

02-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Eargasm:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jamie 3:26:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DJ 138:

Stayed tuned and I'll post scans later on. What???Man you better play with that thing bruh and tell us the bizzness.I also think it's gonna kick the pioneers ass. </font>[/QUOTE]Wasn't technics the first company to offer a cd player for dj use? </font>[/QUOTE]They did have a tabletop cd player in the late 80's.It was expensive as hell.You see them pop up on Ebay.They were meant for studio/radio station use.

They are brown and have a pitch slider just like a 12.

Daryl
02-18-2004, 02:07 PM
that thing looks HOT!!! technics' gotta school the others every time...let those know that they still reign supreme in the dj world

DJ Timmy Richardson
02-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Daryl:
that thing looks HOT!!! technics' gotta school the others every time...let those know that they still reign supreme in the dj world Looks aint everything though. You would really have to test it first. Pioneer IMO makes some real good quality cd products for djs.

bigSEXY
02-18-2004, 06:12 PM
the only complaint I have heard through the grape vine is that the display is too small, and at times hard to read. Again...I have heard only this through other folks...I have personally never seen it or played with but I am betting it will be the premier player.