PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Koffy Brown
03-08-2004, 09:27 AM
This is in response to the Erykah Badu concert thread since I appear to be the only one on this board who felt jilted with the concert...

my perception:

Floetry, I was so excited to see them for the first time live in concert...I think they are very talented a breath of fresh air...BUT...why in the hell did they come out on the stage in blue jeans and sweat jackets and sneakers...I'm like WTF...what's wrong with putting on some clothes and looking good for your audience...this isn't a warm up practice this is a concert that I paid good money to see...I was visually disappointed....and their performance was pretty good....

Erykah...#1 before anybody go making assumptions...I am a TRUE FAN...I have seen her live each and every time she has toured here...I own every one of her cd's ...but you know what ...She is very talented artistically but as far as a live concert...she's slipping...

#2...HOW DARE SHE KEEP US WAITING ATLEAST AN HOUR...before she comes on stage...that is some bullshit...it may sit well with some but it didn't sit well with the Cincinnati audience...

Her performance was mediocre to say the least...I've seen her better...all that rolling around on stage does not make up for the visual and musical performance...

what happened to performing 2 sets...performing an hour and half...then letting your band and background singers rip it while you change and come out and give us a wonderful encore...this is bullshit...she and other artists have taken advantage of their fans...I had 2nd row seats and I wasn't visually pleased....she looked a hot mess and so did her band and background singers...

She isn't the only one I'm feeling like this about...I just think that these new artists need to check themselves and learn how to put on a good show...all that chakra talk and spirituality stuff is cool...but when you are an hour late we don't need an hour lecture...I'on know I don't think I'll be seeing her again...and trust me, I'm not the only one who felt like this...

[ March 08, 2004, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: AshakiMzuri ]

Jamie 3:26
03-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Yeah,that shit pissed me off too...and I wasn't even there.. graemlins/rofl.gif
The free show she gave here was wack.We left before it was over.

Brut by Faberge
03-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Jamie 3:26:
The free show she gave here was wack.We left before it was over. I saw her at Rolling Thunder in Chi a coupla summers ago. It was pretty nice, but I had no basis of comparison since it was the first time I saw her live. Some of her stories I was like, "she told that Cadillac story three years ago because my friend told me so" graemlins/rofl.gif Other than that, I was feelin it.

Koffy Brown
03-08-2004, 10:05 AM
The free show she gave here was wack.We left before it was over. FREE is the only way I will see her ass from now on...

03-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Magic Juan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jamie 3:26:
The free show she gave here was wack.We left before it was over. Are you talking about the Taste of Chicago performance?

magic_juan </font>[/QUOTE]More like a taste of bullshit....

'Magic' Juan
03-08-2004, 10:13 AM
The free show she gave here was wack.We left before it was over. Are you talking about the Taste of Chicago performance?

magic_juan

'Magic' Juan
03-08-2004, 10:14 AM
:rolleyes:

Koffy Brown
03-08-2004, 10:24 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Magic Juan:

magic_juan </font>[/QUOTE]More like a taste of bullshit.... </font>[/QUOTE]so would you pay to see her?

islandlover
03-08-2004, 10:25 AM

magic_juan </font>[/QUOTE]More like a taste of bullshit.... </font>[/QUOTE]icon_rofl.gif

03-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by AshakiMzuri:

magic_juan </font>[/QUOTE]More like a taste of bullshit.... </font>[/QUOTE]so would you pay to see her? </font>[/QUOTE]Nope.It's not like I was looking for her old live cd type of vibe either.I just could not get into her shit,that's all.I bought her latest lp on wax and dug some of the tunes.

I just could not get into her show.There's not too many artists nowadays I would pay to see anyways.The only act I want to catch and I'm thinking of making the 2 hr. drive is Prince.

I'm a fan of his and I don't just dig the usual hits either.I dig him as an artist as I do badu.I just could not get into her show.Then again,we were outside,in the hot ass sun,way in the back,so the shit just did not sound great either.

Maybe if I had closer seats,like in that section up front,I may have had a different opinion to offer.