PDA

View Full Version : I want to shoot my boss

Laurent Saint-Yves
10-27-2004, 07:59 AM
I am a trainee for three months in a public relations agency.

Had to send an e-mail to 1300 press contacts INDIVIDUALLY ("to..." with an invitation to an event...

I did it.

She lost the mailing data.

Now I have to do it all over again...

And I am not being paid as a trainee.

graemlins/scared.gif AR15firing.gif graemlins/mecry.gif

Laurent Saint-Yves
10-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Should I post this in the Make Me Laugh tread ?

graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

MYOR
10-27-2004, 08:03 AM
AR15firing.gif AR15firing.gif

imported_Gman
10-27-2004, 08:12 AM
She didn't really lose it. This is a test.

altrrdst8
10-27-2004, 08:16 AM
nonsense, shes an idiot shoot her.

rhetorically of course

D_Zyre
10-27-2004, 08:21 AM
All I'm going to say is, when you're dealing with a manager like that you need to always CYA. graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Laurent Saint-Yves
10-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Grrrrrr still not over it.
And I gotta work twelve hours a day 7/7 for the following three weeks together with... Miss Lost The Data.

BTW: Wha's CYA? Now laugh at me ;)

Brut by Faberge
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Shoot away. You'll be out in 10 to 12.

Laurent Saint-Yves
10-27-2004, 08:35 AM
:D Na, shooting gets me in trouble.

I'd like to try a quick slap graemlins/pimpslap.gif
and then deny the whole thing like it never happened - then copy her press contacts and sell them to other agencies and put a bug/virus in her whole computernetwork.

Any idea is welcome, I know there are experts in boss punishment in here graemlins/cool_shades.gif

D_Zyre
10-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Aphrodisiac:
And I gotta work twelve hours a day 7/7 for the following three weeks together with... Miss Lost The Data.

BTW: Wha's CYA? Now laugh at me ;) I wouldn't laugh at you. It means Cover Your Ass.

Like Gman said, it could be a test. So if you make a copy or back everything up, when she pulls it the next time you can just whip it out.

I don't trust people like that, sometimes they're just plain dippy or they have an ulterior motive. So it's always good to have a backup.

imported_Gman
10-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Aphrodisiac:

BTW: Wha's CYA? Now laugh at me ;) CYA=Cover your ass.

She'll remember how you didn't make her feel stupid when she lost the mailing list when its time to give you a raise. Manage your manager.

-G

[ October 27, 2004, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Gman ]

altrrdst8
10-27-2004, 08:39 AM
lock n load 'disi

Johann
10-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Do you know that you can automatize some repeatitive tasks in outlook or whatever...

All you need is recorde a kind of automatic task that will take a name from a list, paste it in the email field, paste it in the message (like Dear Mr...) and then send the mail.

I use to work in a company where we had to send more than 500 email with different attachement every month and it was like a 1 hour process.

Peace
Johann

shante b
10-27-2004, 08:42 AM
that's awful.....

i agree with cya...i always save or m ake copies so when my directors lose stuff i be like BAM....cause it's painful if you are doing a huge mailing or something and they lost the data.....and it takes u 48 hrs to do it...

don't shoot her...just laugh at your boss's stupidity and take a deep breathe....office yoga...

Laurent Saint-Yves
10-27-2004, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the useful advice.

If there's one lesson I've learned: SAVE MY DATA.

And I'm applying for office yoga evening classes graemlins/coffe2.gif

I'm going for a quick smoke now or graemlins/stupid.gif

i.be.me
10-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Gman:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aphrodisiac:

BTW: Wha's CYA? Now laugh at me ;) CYA=Cover your ass.

She'll remember how you didn't make her feel stupid when she lost the mailing list when its time to give you a raise. Manage your manager.

-G </font>[/QUOTE]BINGO

MusicFilter
10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I feel the opposite about my boss, man is she fine and since I'm getting paid any way, I'd just do it again, only faster this time.

Brut by Faberge
10-27-2004, 09:26 AM
There is great advice in here. My insubordinatating ass could use it :(

O'love
10-27-2004, 10:48 AM
sending 1300 emails BY HAND??? you're kidding!
there are plenty of email-programs that can handle personalised headings from f.e. an access or excell file.......

Olaf