PDA

View Full Version : A.K., Trainwreck and Lil' Ray inspired me that post...

the crackhouse
03-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Not only about Chicago, but trying to define house music, i see a lot of people trying to sell their city or environment as the true mecca/origin/place of birth of house.

I think the subject is a lot discussed by people who lived great times in their city or are attached to the roots that they carry from that city.
But house never wanted to stay in a ghetto, and it has many forms. Disco, High NRG, pre-house, --insert country-- house, acid house, house is wide !
And why try to diss some form of house or defend the particular house you like ?

I would prefer to see some discussions and not false arguments about the legacy of YOUR house, people.
Why A.K. inspired me this ? Because being in paris, i thought i may try to meet him, and so i read the interview on the main DHP page. He honestly says that he's more in disco or funky sounds than into the house that was born in the 80's. That's honest but he doesn't try to diss any other sort of house.

Trainwerck and Lil' ray "discussion" in Dj QUAD'S THREAD WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT I DISLIKE TO SEE HERE. (these caps are dedicated to QUAD)
Why try to fight against anyone's taste in matter of music? Will you tell a teen white guy to stop to listen to his marylin Manson CDs and get into house ? Why try to preach ?
I think we don't need that here, and the only way to preach in house is to be a Dj or a producer.

I can tell here that i prefer ron Hardy to Frankie, but they 2 blow my mind in their mixes. Some mixes i've heard by DHP Djs didn't impress me, but i'm proud to know that they whish to give me some joints to open my mind. I'm happy to know that they feed one crowd of passionated people for THIS kind of house.

House is so wide that we should really do an effort and stop that city, country, gay, black, raw shit and put some real support on this board.

Saying that "my place is where house is from and is copied everywhere in the wolrd" is some Hiliibilly sentence. The world is wide, house doesn't wait for us to evolve in many forms around the world. If you act like this, you're partially ignorant of the rest of the world, and believe me, as a frenchy, in one year I got like 1 000 news tunes in my head that defines house just from this website.

Be honest, be thankfull cause people everywhere make house live in many forms. I know for eg. that Daniel Wang just found a talented producer in Tunisia... incredible ? Not so much if your really think about it.

The point i wanted to make is this : i would like to hear more mixes and more home/studio production in this place. Many assholes have a lot of talent here, and many clever people don't do anything to impress us, and this have to be lived with more and more intensity.
Take care of YOUR house and make it sound bright to anyone ears, if you preach, you will bring yourself ennemies.

mathieu

Fiendish Dr. Wu
03-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by the crackhouse:
Not only about Chicago, but trying to define house music, i see a lot of people trying to sell their city or environment as the true mecca/origin/place of birth of house.

I think the subject is a lot discussed by people who lived great times in their city or are attached to the roots that they carry from that city.
But house never wanted to stay in a ghetto, and it has many forms. Disco, High NRG, pre-house, --insert country-- house, acid house, house is wide !
And why try to diss some form of house or defend the particular house you like ?

I would prefer to see some discussions and not false arguments about the legacy of YOUR house, people.
Why A.K. inspired me this ? Because being in paris, i thought i may try to meet him, and so i read the interview on the main DHP page. He honestly says that he's more in disco or funky sounds than into the house that was born in the 80's. That's honest but he doesn't try to diss any other sort of house.

Trainwerck and Lil' ray "discussion" in Dj QUAD'S THREAD WAS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT I DISLIKE TO SEE HERE. (these caps are dedicated to QUAD)
Why try to fight against anyone's taste in matter of music? Will you tell a teen white guy to stop to listen to his marylin Manson CDs and get into house ? Why try to preach ?
I think we don't need that here, and the only way to preach in house is to be a Dj or a producer.

I can tell here that i prefer ron Hardy to Frankie, but they 2 blow my mind in their mixes. Some mixes i've heard by DHP Djs didn't impress me, but i'm proud to know that they whish to give me some joints to open my mind. I'm happy to know that they feed one crowd of passionated people for THIS kind of house.

House is so wide that we should really do an effort and stop that city, country, gay, black, raw shit and put some real support on this board.

Saying that "my place is where house is from and is copied everywhere in the wolrd" is some Hiliibilly sentence. The world is wide, house doesn't wait for us to evolve in many forms around the world. If you act like this, you're partially ignorant of the rest of the world, and believe me, as a frenchy, in one year I got like 1 000 news tunes in my head that defines house just from this website.

Be honest, be thankfull cause people everywhere make house live in many forms. I know for eg. that Daniel Wang just found a talented producer in Tunisia... incredible ? Not so much if your really think about it.

The point i wanted to make is this : i would like to hear more mixes and more home/studio production in this place. Many assholes have a lot of talent here, and many clever people don't do anything to impress us, and this have to be lived with more and more intensity.
Take care of YOUR house and make it sound bright to anyone ears, if you preach, you will bring yourself ennemies.

mathieu Me and Ray weren't arguing about music. I was calling him a hypocrite and saying that he usually contradicts what he claims to stand for. Not music related at all.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
03-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Maybe you were thinking about JMJ? graemlins/conf44.gif