PDA

View Full Version : About DHP RE-EDIT COMP : 2 more questions...

the crackhouse
01-09-2004, 03:02 AM
# 1 : Rules says : "No additionnal drums."
Does that mean I can't cut a bongo that is alone in the song and had it in another sequence in the song ?

Same thing for the beat and cymbals. If I can slice it properly in the break of the song, can I use them to had punch in other parts of the song ?

I need a response cause I may quit the competition for that reason.

#2 : About the judges... Why not open a poll for the members to vote. It would give the "public special prize" to one of the re-editers.
Just to see the DHP members reaction to the re-edits, and it would be apart of the judges decision.

JMJ
01-09-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by idancetoomuch:
Does that mean I can't cut a bongo that is alone in the song and had it in another sequence in the song ?

Same thing for the beat and cymbals. If I can slice it properly in the break of the song, can I use them to had punch in other parts of the song ?

What rule #1 means is that you can't add drums that were not part of the original track. Alot of the Acid remixes are done by adding external drum tracks and time-stretching and looping parts of the track that is being remixed. But to reconfigure the original drums is fine, and for you to quit the competition because the rules weren't clarified properly would be a real shame. I'm hoping to learn how to do this by listening to your edit, so please don't quit......JMJ ;)

the crackhouse
01-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by JMJ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by idancetoomuch:

What rule #1 means is that you can't add drums that were not part of the original track. Alot of the Acid remixes are done by adding external drum tracks and time-stretching and looping parts of the track that is being remixed. But to reconfigure the original drums is fine, and for you to quit the competition because the rules weren't clarified properly would be a real shame. I'm hoping to learn how to do this by listening to your edit, so please don't quit......JMJ ;) </font>[/QUOTE]It was not about the rules, but cause I wasn't interested in just doing some copy-paste actions over a song.
Now I know that I can isolate any drums and souns and act onthem, well, that's what I expected... I'm in !

Tony Cano
01-09-2004, 09:31 AM
my opinion is that it is okay to use beats from the original track. as long as all of the elements appear from the original recording.

regarding number 2, everyone should be marching towards the deadlines i posted for submitting your mixes. my thoughts are that we should post everyones edits for everyone to listen (both dhp members & judges).

After we allow the judges "x" amount of time to listen, the judges will submit the top 10. from here, we will post the top 10 on a poll and let the members choose.

does this make sense? it's okay to disagree. ;)

JMJ
01-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Tony Cano:
my opinion is that it is okay to use beats from the original track. as long as all of the elements appear from the original recording.

regarding number 2, everyone should be marching towards the deadlines i posted for submitting your mixes. my thoughts are that we should post everyones edits for everyone to listen (both dhp members & judges).

After we allow the judges "x" amount of time to listen, the judges will submit the top 10. from here, we will post the top 10 on a poll and let the members choose.

does this make sense? it's okay to disagree. ;) Mine is already "in the can" pretty much, but I'm concerned that it might be heard by someone BEFORE the deadline, thus possibly influencing someone else's production. I don't want to wait until the last minute to turn mine in, but this is my feeling. Any thoughts on the matter? it's not like it's good or anything, but still.......JMJ graemlins/conf44.gif

Tony Cano
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
okay - here is the deal. i promise not to listen to anyones edit until i am done with mine.

tc

JMJ
01-09-2004, 09:44 AM
okay - here is the deal. i promise not to listen to anyones edit until i am done with mine.

tc But then you could go back and make changes, not that you'd want yours to be as bad as mine......JMJ

DJ Keith Porter
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM

tc Not that I doubt any of your work nor do I believe you would act a pond your aforementioned statement. Iím sure you have plenty of already made re-edits to choose from but, I honestly I think by you being the person hosting the contest and being a contestant is just a little bias. IMO, this thought just crossed my mind after reading the above quote.
This doesnít make me any difference I trust your honesty but some may see otherwise.

We are all in it for fun, to learn new tricks/skills and for some itís a chance to download unheard material.
graemlins/cool_shades.gif

jsd540
01-09-2004, 10:23 AM

tc Thats a relief... graemlins/grinyes.gif

Tony Cano
01-09-2004, 11:52 AM
okay - to make you guys feel better. i will send mine in and share with someone to ensure it is locked in. in fact, i am gonna try to know it out this weekend.

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;)

JMJ
01-09-2004, 11:54 AM
okay - to make you guys feel better. i will send mine in and share with someone to ensure it is locked in. in fact, i am gonna try to know it out this weekend.

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;) It only takes 15 minutes to do an edit. Everybody knows that.....JMJ

djyoavb
01-09-2004, 11:56 AM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tony Cano:

does this make sense? it's okay to disagree. ;) Mine is already "in the can" pretty much, but I'm concerned that it might be heard by someone BEFORE the deadline, thus possibly influencing someone else's production. I don't want to wait until the last minute to turn mine in, but this is my feeling. Any thoughts on the matter? it's not like it's good or anything, but still.......JMJ graemlins/conf44.gif </font>[/QUOTE]same here graemlins/biglaugha.gif

Tony Cano
01-09-2004, 12:10 PM

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;) It only takes 15 minutes to do an edit. Everybody knows that.....JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]and if i have frank help me, we can have it done in 7.5 minutes!!!! AR15firing.gif

DJ Keith Porter
01-09-2004, 12:21 PM

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;) It only takes 15 minutes to do an edit. Everybody knows that.....JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't know that! graemlins/conf44.gif
JMJ you just up on everything! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

DJ Keith Porter
01-09-2004, 12:22 PM

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;) Who you sending it to yourself? graemlins/conf44.gif

JMJ
01-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DJ Keith Porter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JMJ:

it might put me at a bit of a dis-advantage because i have less time. ;) It only takes 15 minutes to do an edit. Everybody knows that.....JMJ </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't know that! graemlins/conf44.gif
JMJ you just up on everything! graemlins/thumbsup.gif </font>[/QUOTE]You know it......JMJ ;)