PDA

View Full Version : song id mix on front page-RahaanCHUCKS

shante b
06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Please Help. Okay, what is the song at the beginning 1:00-4:00 and then some where the woman is singing about no shoes on her feet?.?.?

and is that two versions he mixed or just one i hear?.?.?

thanks in advance

shante b
06-10-2004, 02:30 PM
she sounds like nina simone or esther p. to me im not sure.....

im really digging the song

DJ Duke
06-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by houseflower:
Please Help. Okay, what is the song at the beginning 1:00-4:00 and then some where the woman is singing about no shoes on her feet?.?.?

and is that two versions he mixed or just one i hear?.?.?

thanks in advance Do you have the link??

Al Kent
06-11-2004, 03:05 AM
The vocal's from Patti Labelle "Spirit's in it", followed by Billy Paul "East". He sounds like a she because it's pitched way up.

muel
06-11-2004, 03:12 AM
nice mix, just been checking it out. infact Ive loved all of Rahaan's mixes that ive heard graemlins/thumbsup.gif

shante b
06-11-2004, 05:40 AM
thanks......im feeling that track.

Originally posted by Al Kent:
The vocal's from Patti Labelle "Spirit's in it", followed by Billy Paul "East". He sounds like a she because it's pitched way up.

RX
06-11-2004, 06:44 AM
great, great mix hail.gif
now THIS is house in case anyone was wondering and/or confused...

yo, is that "washing machine" after "raised by snakes"? i can't call the name of it, but i used to go out of my MIND jumping of stages and shit off of that cut...

why can't contemporary "house" producers make tracks like that? i mean, complicated and off the fuckin' hook? why the same formulaic beat these days?

[ June 11, 2004, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Ms Rickey X ]

shante b
06-11-2004, 07:21 AM
ahh it's the east track i keep rewinding....

this mix is da bomb

JR JAM
06-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Ms Rickey X:

yo, is that "washing machine" after "raised by snakes"? i can't call the name of it, but i used to go out of my MIND jumping of stages and shit off of that cut...

why can't contemporary "house" producers make tracks like that? i mean, complicated and off the fuckin' hook? why the same formulaic beat these days? That's called 'the juice' after raised by snakes.

RX
06-11-2004, 07:39 AM
word? i've never known the name, thanx...hell, i just started knowing the names to most of the stuff i jacked to in high school while on this board - it's amazing how much we didn't care (as serious jackers) to go ask what was being played - sorry, too busy - MUCH too busy jackin'...

JR JAM
06-11-2004, 07:49 AM
word? i've never known the name, thanx...hell, i just started knowing the names to most of the stuff i jacked to in high school while on this board - it's amazing how much we didn't care (as serious jackers) to go ask what was being played - sorry, too busy - MUCH too busy jackin'... Yeah tell me about it. I didn't know the name of it until I bought his "Amnesia" LP.

shante b
06-11-2004, 11:13 AM
ditto....

word? i've never known the name, thanx...hell, i just started knowing the names to most of the stuff i jacked to in high school while on this board - it's amazing how much we didn't care (as serious jackers) to go ask what was being played - sorry, too busy - MUCH too busy jackin'...

RaHaAn81
06-11-2004, 12:28 PM

why can't contemporary "house" producers make tracks like that? i mean, complicated and off the fuckin' hook? why the same formulaic beat these days? Thank you so much... And you say "why the same formulaic beat these days?" I think for easy blend, that play it safe dj or whatever . Billy Paul was not pitched way up.(wait my table are pitched up) Damn my bad smile.gif

[ June 11, 2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: RaHaAn81 ]