Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: TREVOR NELSON SUCKS - Soul Nation Part 3 on UK TV and the fcuk'd scene in UK - Soul ?

"Jungle" = ragga music for drug heads - SHITE !

"part of history" not mine. It was just a convenient marriage of ragga and rave, yet these people didn't want to go to the earlier all night parties, IDIOTS.

"So Solid" , wasn't this programme called "Soul" Nation" for fcuk's sake.

Why's that you ask , because the promoters doing these events WILL NOT GET A LOOK in, why ? - because THESE SPEED /UK GARAGE PROMOTERS CANNOT GET A VENUE AS THE VENUES HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THERE TROUBLES, SHOOTING, STABBING whcih are associated with these type of events in the UK. So these fools dress it up now AS Soulfull house so they can carry on doing clubs , they jumped ship due to their OWN **** UPS !, same as the way the trance heads are now name dropping "funky house", it's good for us though, now they need to call in people that DO have a ****ing clue

"Mystique" is Uk pop music dressed niceley for Trevor torrent of pro UK bS.

Oh my god they are talking about UK Garage and Moschino shirts and leaving the tag on clothes so people know the make, ****ING TWATS ! cheesey rubbish nonsense that is for Trevor Nelson sellout ass !

Just made me think that everything that was in the previous episodes went to Pot and the London scene umtilateley ending in a pile of doggy do doo.

to many comments on how Uk created there own thing from an American sound...

UK - UK - UK - our own sound - **** off Trevor UK up your ass.

Craig David, "proper bo , hey Kes I'm dying for a piss". ((from Channel4's Bo Selecta comedy show ), re e wind and teh crowd say **** off !

Miss Dynamite would be better suited in a Ragga programme, cus I am not hearing an ounce of soul, she the best artist of today.. lalalalaldedaaa, yeah right !

Trevor shouldn't have included Northern Soul in the first one, as he has know sullied it with episode three and certainly had no connection to any of the bullshit held within this show.

now they are playing Space Rider, saving grace ?, it'll take more than that 30 second clip.

All I am seeing isFOOLS that I see on breakfast show selling there ass to the devil.

I have nothing more to say apart from this show was his Radio show with visuals.

Oh did I mention Trevor Sucks, shame he had to take it this show into an dead alley.

rant done. [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img]

[ July 01, 2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Martin Red ]

Hello Martin,

I caught it about halfway through and I must admit , I was'nt much impressed . And it made me laugh about "Moschino with the price tags on" , I feel completely alienated from that scene and as you put it , it was not and could never be part of my history .
    Not to hate on the music though if it's your bag then be it , but you can't help but see straight through the bull can you ? .

Peace Alex .

I can understand the rant ha ha.. ;)

I didn't see this, I wish I had, sounds like some good comedy to me.....
    <a href=\"http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.myspace.com/moodswing2810</a> <br />Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

i found the program upsetting

and still no mention of hot u.k based soulful house labels producers and dj's [img]mad1.gif[/img]

[ July 02, 2003, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: blackwax ]

Nothing new, bunch of arse !!!

LOL Martin we miss you! man oh man I was cracking up at this situation,I feel where your coming from.At the Interface Pirate Radio Show,at least 90% is this ragga-drum-n bass and so called house,just cracks me up!! I have it seems the only show with some soul in it.And I get hate real-time chat about why I dont play Tech or D&B.lol lol I dont care i play house I write and if you dont like it,well go find the next guy coming on.Its unaceptable..anyway thanks for the report.
    The House of Soul - Sammy Rock and Dj Housecat Podcast Page
    http://souloasis.cyberjamz.com/
    Twitter http://bit.ly/5Yfzle
    FB - Cyberjamz Fan Pagehttp://bit.ly/4z3wni
    Cyberjamz Radio Show every Monday from 9am - 2pm est
    http://cyberjamz.com

hmmm, I got to disagee with some of things you've said here.

jungle = ragga music for drug heads.

C'mon this was our punk rock. Music that was fresh & rebellious. To call it "ragga music for drug heads." is ignorant.

"Oh my god they are talking about UK Garage and Moschino shirts and leaving the tag on clothes so people know the make, ****ING TWATS ! cheesey rubbish nonsense that is for Trevor Nelson sellout ass !"

This was at Twice as Nice, which originally started as a house night. I know it looks as corny as hell but I actually used to do the same thing. It was about being a broke youth wanting to look like I was making money. I'm sure you must have had a "fashion" when you were young.

"UK - UK - UK - our own sound - **** off Trevor UK up your ass."

Not sure what this is directed at but the uk does have it's own sound, which was born from jungle. It went on to produce uk garage and is now very much evident in broken beat. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. Do you?

I personally enjoyed the programme for what it was. People who were pasionate about music, that touched THEIR soul.

Oh and this is my first post. Hi.

Originally posted by mr startist:
    hmmm, I got to disagee with some of things you've said here.

jungle = ragga music for drug heads.

C'mon this was our punk rock. Music that was fresh & rebellious. To call it "ragga music for drug heads." is ignorant.

"Oh my god they are talking about UK Garage and Moschino shirts and leaving the tag on clothes so people know the make, ****ING TWATS ! cheesey rubbish nonsense that is for Trevor Nelson sellout ass !"

This was at Twice as Nice, which originally started as a house night. I know it looks as corny as hell but I actually used to do the same thing. It was about being a broke youth wanting to look like I was making money. I'm sure you must have had a "fashion" when you were young.

"UK - UK - UK - our own sound - **** off Trevor UK up your ass."

Not sure what this is directed at but the uk does have it's own sound, which was born from jungle. It went on to produce uk garage and is now very much evident in broken beat. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. Do you?

I personally enjoyed the programme for what it was. People who were pasionate about music, that touched THEIR soul.

Oh and this is my first post. Hi.
    I knew there would be one [img]graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

Ignorant ?, take a couple of steps back and take another look.

Ignorance, how do you find it ?

ahahhahah @ Startist wearing the price tags on his new shirts back at twice as nice.

Martin, you a) worry too much b) complain too much and c) need to leave others to enjoy whatever it is that they do. I'd like to see you sit down with Trevor Nelson and discuss all this.

If the media ever again got hold of your lovely 'purist house music' or whatever you want to call it (which is unlikely as there is very little money in house) then they would rip the whole thing apart from the seams, this would make you cry even more.

I think your take on 'Jungle/Drum and Bass' is laughable. This is one of the few scene's that was born out of the UK and that was originally as fast moving/undergound/and exciting as we have ever had. As for it being 'ragga music for drug heads' c'mon man, where you really in London checking out the scene (Drum and bass)in the early 90's? Did you go to the Paradise Club (which is now a shopping centre) did you go to the Blue Note when Goldie ran the place? It seems you did not. Do you remember when before jungle was jungle? Jungle techno was the term that was used. The Techno part gor dropped to save on the over usage of words.

I realise I don't know you but for real, your comments on every single televised dance music documentary are always pretty negative. I just wanted to point out that the media never really represents any historical documentation of any underground scene to its exact appearance. There will always be errors and missperceptions of the scene, question is, are you doing anything about it or simply sitting at your computer bitchin?
    -----------------------------<br />Lets Battle

Without repeating exactly what Bran said so well, your ignorance shines through whenever you write anything about jungle.

bran: hahahaha @ me wearing that sh*t. I even wore sun glasses and would step on people when walking through the crowd. I was a plum!!

I probably saw you 'holding your corner' at certain venues across the capital all those years ago.

Note: Martin has gone very quiet.

I think Martin has made some very valid points & there's nothing wrong with bitchin', this is a forum for f**ks sake !
    I didn't watch last nights programme, a) I knew that it covered music that I'm not down with b) I was disappointed with the first two programmes c) I was getting bored with seeing Trevor N's X5 BMW at every oportunity !

I hope the programme covered Bobbi & Steve's Garage City nights when it started at Joe's in Duke St back in 90-91, I know there was High on Hope & others in the Capitol & no doubt around the country but they were the first to play proper garage/house from the first to the last record all night.
    Also, Leo's night SPEED at the Milk Bar (also know as Ivories/Mars) with Bukem & Fabio, although not strictly soul in the true sense of the word but it was ground breaking as far as drum & bass is concerned.
    I remember Paradise Club (now N1 Angel shopping centre) & The Blue Note/Bass Clef (Hoxton Square) but IMO I had some good nights at these venues but they did not bring anything new that would be worth mentioning in a documentry.

"I remember Paradise Club (now N1 Angel shopping centre) & The Blue Note/Bass Clef (Hoxton Square) but IMO I had some good nights at these venues but they did not bring anything new that would be worth mentioning in a documentry."

I'm sorry but this is bullshit IMO. Yes I remember the Milk Bar etc etc. So what was it that these places actually gave to London in terms of the Drum and Bass scene, just a space for Ragga boys to get high. I see, how missinformed and wrong we all were back then.

Re: Martin entitled to his opinion, I agree. We (startist and I) were simply making our observations on his observations. Likewise on yours.

I actually quite enjoyed it (until Craig David came on and I, not surprisingly, fell asleep on the sofa).

Although I was more in to the house scene rather than DnB and Jungle it's impact and legacy cannot be ignored.

Although I didn't think my very bad opinion on them would change, after seeing this I have a different impression of the So Solid Crew.

There was a much better documentary on BBC 4 last night - a profile of Linton Kwesi Johnson. I started watching half way through. The most interestin part imo was some middle-aged well spoken White Englishman talking about LKJ. He said words to the effect that LKJ is a prophet in the UK - but the problem is that he is listened to more by blacks than whites, when it is British Whites that really ought to be listening to what he's got to say. A prophet and a genius indeed.

Sorry Bran but I can't believe you could of been at SPEED if your observations were ' just a space for Ragga boys to get high'....that is a major insult to a club night that was the first to play jazz influenced drum and bass (also tagged "intelligent" back then).
    All the artist of the day would be in attendance to hear their tracks played for the first time -
    Hidden Agenda, Source Direct, Photek, Goldie, Rob Playford etc etc Bjork was a regular and you can hear how the club influenced her in later work (she mentions the Milk Bar toilets on the album Debut).

And if you think "intelligent" was new you need to listen to Miles Davis some more

Originally posted by Bran W:
    ahahhahah @ Startist wearing the price tags on his new shirts back at twice as nice.
    Yes, ahahhahah, oooh how we laughed

Martin, you a) worry too much
    Don’t worry about it, it’s called passion and being passionate about things, you wouldn’t understand , don’t worry about it, move on.

b) complain too much
    Right, you should have read the title, that may have given you a clue , instead you jumped in, who’s the fool. Passionate, again you wouldn’t understand - move on.

c) need to leave others to enjoy whatever it is that they do. I'd like to see you sit down with Trevor Nelson and discuss all this.
    Why don’t you email him if you wish !, here I am ! , Oh sorry he’s probably hanging around with Mystique or Interviewing M&M or Craig David or So Silid fools , no actually he’s in Thailand doing the Holiday show on BBC1, “Proper Bo”. Email him perhaps, see if he has time to spend on an NON UK message board, uurrrm why would that give you pleasure, you just missed a ride on some coat tails perhaps.

If the media ever again got hold of your lovely 'purist house music' or whatever you want to call it (which is unlikely as there is very little money in house) then they would rip the whole thing apart from the seams, this would make you cry even more.
    Ass u me - You don’t know shit about me what I buy, what I play, what I have done , so go and buy me and Chicken and mushroom pie and rub it into my pubic area.
    “your beloved house” as in mine – (no) , urrrrrrm
    ARE YOU INTO HOUSE ? , perhaps not as much as me, move on , perhaps to another website.

Go to the viewing room ON THIS SITE, and watch Pump up the volume, it was on UK’s channel 4, but you probably missed it. Or back around 89 Club Culture another show, you need to turn over from proper bo Urban cable videos perhaps , you may catch these shows ON UK TV.

I ain't crying, thats the problem with these FOOLS, glass houses and not being up for a discussion, say what you see.

I think your take on 'Jungle/Drum and Bass' is laughable. This is one of the few scene's that was born out of the UK and that was originally as fast moving/undergound/and exciting as we have ever had. As for it being 'ragga music for drug heads' c'mon man, where you really in London checking out the scene
    No ! where you in Birmingham checking out your , you people and your center of the universe make me sick That’s why you lot missed house first time, your to centred around what is really a TOURIST city (this is aimed at Brian and not the other loveley member from London)

Missiles are “fast moving” as you put it , doesn’t mean they are good for creation.
    I witnessed enough to know that MC’s where mainly hooligans or scumbags that people would be to scared to retrieve the mike of these egotistical arseholes, chatting rubbish most of the time, I am surprised you could hear the music with the incessant nonsense, ****ing blues parties with people that missed the true REVOLUTION.

Climb out of your own London arse for a minute , where THE **** is GOLDIE from – Walsall , OK “mate”. Walsall is near here !

That’s the problems with these Ayia Napa up there own arse Moschino shirt wearing bad boy crack heads, they think the ****ing universe revolves around them, **** that ! get out of the city ‘boys’, you will like it and realize that people could really give a **** about your bollocks, **** so solid, ayia napa Trevor nelson, craig david and all the other lovin lovin lovin it (themselves more like) Twice and Nice and all the other BULLSHIT you brought to the UK, London twats like this cannot face it because nicer more clued up people who aren’t interested and don’t knock in your circles, the decent people aren’t interested in you self obsessed nonsense.

Ever heard of B R I S T O L , stick that in your crack pipe.

(Drum and bass)
    See above,

Yeah when I start getting paid for my story you can critique it. Simple.

It’s a London fing – yep ! and it drizzles elephant gis over itself

Damn man, I couldn't even get half way through that crap. Sorry.

Originally posted by Mark Gurney:
    Sorry Bran but I can't believe you could of been at SPEED if your observations were ' just a space for Ragga boys to get high'....that is a major insult to a club night that was the first to play jazz influenced drum and bass (also tagged "intelligent" back then).
    All the artist of the day would be in attendance to hear their tracks played for the first time -
    Hidden Agenda, Source Direct, Photek, Goldie, Rob Playford etc etc Bjork was a regular and you can hear how the club influenced her in later work (she mentions the Milk Bar toilets on the album Debut).
    Although Space was ok, for me this was when d'n'b became safe. I prefered the atmosphere & energy that could be found at Thunder & Joy and Roast. The musc had a voice and an opinion, when it moved to the jazzier side it became "middle class" and polite.

"Thatís why you lot missed house first time, your to centred around what is really a TOURIST city "

I did just glance at this bit. Martin, you know nothing about me, where I'm from, where I've been, what I do and don't know, what I've done, the people I've met. Likewise from me to you. I simply posted up my thoughts on your comments.

Take your head out of your arse for one moment and 'you' think again before making assumptions.

Peace
    B

Damn Martin, you sound like a bitter & jealous old man. Is it that hard to respect people have differents tastes to you.

[ July 02, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: mr startist ]

Originally posted by Mark Gurney:
    My bad grammar. Was meant to be '?' after ' just a space for Ragga boys to get high' therfore having hidden sarcasm and actually suggesting i wasn't making that remark. My fault.

Yes, I went to both Speed and the Milk Bar. I even have vague memories of Busby's some time ealier in life.

Originally posted by mr startist:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mark Gurney:
    Although Space was ok, for me this was when d'n'b became safe. I prefered the atmosphere & energy that could be found at Thunder & Joy and Roast. The musc had a voice and an opinion, when it moved to the jazzier side it became "middle class" and polite. </font>[/QUOTE]Roast certainly had it's own little sense of 'terror' going in there.

"Go to the viewing room ON THIS SITE, and watch Pump up the volume"

ahahahhahahah. Martin, do yourself a favour, you really are looking like a fool making comments like this to people you don't know.

"That’s why you lot missed house first time, your to centred around what is really a TOURIST city "

I did just glance at this bit. Martin, you know nothing about me, where I'm from, where I've been, what I do and don't know, what I've done, the people I've met. Likewise from me to you. I simply posted up my thoughts on your comments.

Take your head out of your arse for one moment and 'you' think again before making assumptions.

Peace
    B
    [img]graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]
    If you had read first time you, instead of skipping through you would have realised I had already said the same thing in regards to you.

re re wind and the crowd goes , yawn