Thread: Why you should study your Chinese...

The bottom (the third) Kanji (character) is the same as Japanese. The top half of this character is a crossed square which means 'RICE FIELD' and bottom half of the charcater means 'POWER' it looks like a sythe type thing, or an upside down Nike swoosh, the power of the ricefield = MAN, male, guy, boy...

Funny as, cheers Albert :D

[ May 25, 2003, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Mathius ]
    <a href=\"http://www.funkjunk.notlong.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.funkjunk.notlong.com</a>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
    heard some new stuff lately?

What's "kick me" in Chinese? I'm planning on doing some amateur tattooing on the DHP-belgium peeps... but shhht... :D
    Outside of a dog, a book is man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog it\'s too dark to read.

Originally posted by David Le C:
    What's "kick me" in Chinese? I'm planning on doing some amateur tattooing on the DHP-belgium peeps... but shhht... :D
    5 meter radius enabled... [img]biggrinangel.gif[/img]
    heard some new stuff lately?

Lebron's got plenty of tattoo covers he doesn't need anymore. :D

I figured this was coming. People getting Chinese tattoos and not knowing how to translate them.

Oh, yeah, if you're gonna get those, learn as many dialects as you can, not just mandarin, but cantonese, fuchow, etc. Peace.
    "You can master any situation if you can master yourself."
    --TD Jakes

I'm gonna start a belgian tattoo shop in NY or Chi, colorful sentences in flemish dialect, belgian beers, belgian and dutch Weed and Hasj, belgian Fries with Stoofvlees, ballekes in tomatosauce and Vol-au-Vent...

Anyone interested?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man\'s best friend. Inside of a dog it\'s too dark to read.

Originally posted by David Le C:
    I'm gonna start a belgian tattoo shop in NY or Chi, colorful sentences in flemish dialect, belgian beers, belgian and dutch Weed and Hasj, belgian Fries with Stoofvlees, ballekes in tomatosauce and Vol-au-Vent...

Anyone interested?
    Would you be able to fit anything in Flemish onto your arm? I've heard some Flemish rap music it sounds complicated!!
    Well at least the tattoos honest!! If it's spelt right what's the problem!!heeehee I can laugh because untill I had it covered up I had my name on my arm.

He ought to shave off that goatee it makes it even worse! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[ May 25, 2003, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: nev m ]
    \"The end of the Earth is upon us pretty soon it will all turn to dust. So get up! Forget the past, go outside, and have a blast.\"

hahahahaha dumb.

the characters, or half characters (what Mainland China likes to use and mae up these days 'short-hand' is f*cking ugly as hell. whoever did the tattoo needs to be shot for f*cking up the form and movement of the strokes. the exhibit of the chinese calligraphy on this tattoo is a disgrace.

interesting, over dinner the other day with a family friend, whose godfather is from mainland, after we dicussed and dissected my name, he complimented my name as an obscure treasure (the third caracter is made up if 'gold' and "mountain', with the gold underneath the mountain).. we segued to debate the chinese wrtiing-- 'short-hand' vs. the classic chinese. my argument was that the short-hand characters are out of hand, and puts a major stain on the art of the chinese language by simplifying the strokes and short-changing it, and most of all, wrong grammar usage. ti is just wrong when using this as the published language. those people are still caught up in the "cultural revolution" of decades ago and always feel need the need to rid the ways of the old. ****ing guy has a shrine of chairman mao in his old home. he siad the shrine is an insurance policy.

[ May 25, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: statuskuo ]

Bold Soul Guest

Originally posted by statuskuo:
    hahahahaha dumb.

the characters, or half characters (what Mainland China likes to use and mae up these days 'short-hand' is f*cking ugly as hell. whoever did the tattoo needs to be shot for f*cking up the form and movement of the strokes. the exhibit of the chinese calligraphy on this tattoo is a disgrace.

interesting, over dinner the other day with a fanily froend from China, whose godfather is from mainland, we debated over the 'short-hand' vs. the classic chinese characters. my argument was that the short-hand characters are out of hand, and puts a major stain on the art of the chinese language by simplifying the strokes and short-changing it, and most of all, wrong grammar usage. ti is just wrong when using this as the published language. those people are still caught up in the "cultural revolution" of decades ago and always feel need the need to rid the ways of the old. ****ing guy has a shrine of chairman mao in his old home. he siad the shrine is an insurance policy.
    Heavy. The Chinese had their whole history "cleansed" from up under them. Very sad. And the shrine as insurance policy thing - :(

it's nuts how one had or has to bow to Mao and get his approval for everything: from taling a dump to getting married.

he was God in CHina. **** that commie! my incessant ways of bringing his name on the Kuo is a way of mocking his ways and his backward-thinking that has brainwashed billion+ chinese peasants. of course, i am speaking form a nationalist/democratic point of view!

"Fan Gung Da LU!" - "Overthrow Mainland" has been the long-running slogan for years in Taiwan.. don't know how adamant their intentions are these days tho, i did shout that slogan, or something to that effect with my fellow taiwnese students in grade school- 1981-2, immediately after our assembly of daily morning exercise in the school yeard. nowdays in taiwan, divided with the inception of many political parties that rival and constantly criticising the current presidnet only help in not making it work. the theme now is, you are down if you speak the Taiwanese dialect (fuken origin), since the president speaks perfect taiwanse and broken mandarin... in the old days, one could get fined in public or slapped in the face in schools for uttering Taiwanse out loud in the open. It's funny how the tides have turned since the Nationalist party has tunred weak with the step-down of the former-Pres Lee Deng Hui. Lee didn;t do Chang Kai Shek any proud, tho, for he was a corrupted pres. the farmers, the "people's tang", needless to say, were displeased with Lee.. hence the formation of other political parties offering the common people a voice. I guess the parallell is with the U.S.'s Republicans vs, Democrats... The Taiwanse Parliament is a low-class organisation, solely for brawls that sometimes take place in the parliament. that shit is more intense the wrestle manias that i used to watch. it is the only place in the world where politicians get into fist and choking mathces during debates. aside from that, Taiwan's really a treasure island. fvcking GREAT FOOD! i miss it but i wouldn't dare step on that land with all the SARS shit going on.. my thoughts and prayers go out to my relatives and friends in ROC... be safe!

China (GuanTsou) has some cleaning up to do and should pay for the non-disclosure of their SARS episode. The commies are known to have been successful in covering up negative shit, just to save "face". i wouldn't be surprised if some of their economic growth figures are grossly overstated just to entice foreign investors. Concurretnly, there are stories where some businesses become successful, then came the gov't, under the guise of communism, confiscates yo shit and leave you standing. there are many uncovered horror stories surronding their ways of business. My cousin is in GuanTzou doing his herbal, aromatherapy biz, hopefully he gets out and cashes out before they come and take shit...

Nevertheless, with the alarming growth rate [both population and economic developments] that China is going, it would be wise to start taking up Mandarin as your second language. I am covered, how about you?

peath.

[ May 25, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: statuskuo ]

Bobby Guest

Why study Chinese?..So when them people tell you it is beef or chicken and you think it dog or cat, you can put em in check when they start speaking chinese in the back. :D