Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I really haven't seen many peeps wearing black this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by djLesCole View Post
    It's a shame we work on the same street and haven't done lunch yet. Next week?
    Sounds cool to me. I usually go out at about 1pm, then sit on the stairs across the street from the stock exchange.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER

Black skirt, black bodice-styled tank, black heels, black denim jacket

(red earrings, green bracelet)

Even Freedom has a black top on today at Pre-School.

I didn't see a lot of folx in black during my commute (just 3) but I saw 4 folx outside the gig and about 4 more walking down the hall.

my best friend called me this morning during her commute with the same observation. She was on a crowded bus full of black folx on their way downtown and she was the only one in black. She chalked it up to not wanting to judge peoples support by their appearance. Ya don't know if these folx gave money or what . . .

heard a comment on the Tom Joyner show this morning reminding us to be mindful of how we choose our battles - how we expend our energy. Wasting to energy and indignation on issues like Imus and the seinfeld guy (forgot his name) can cause burnout and the 'cry wolf' syndome.

as is being shown this morning in Jena, Louisiana, we have to stay ready and focussed for battle - because the war is not won
    How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me. - Zora Neale Hurston

Quote Originally Posted by ProvocativeElement View Post
    (red earrings, green bracelet)

Even Freedom has a black top on today at Pre-School.

I didn't see a lot of folx in black during my commute (just 3) but I saw 4 folx outside the gig and about 4 more walking down the hall.

my best friend called me this morning during her commute with the same observation. She was on a crowded bus full of black folx on their way downtown and she was the only one in black. She chalked it up to not wanting to judge peoples support by their appearance. Ya don't know if these folx gave money or what . . .

heard a comment on the Tom Joyner show this morning reminding us to be mindful of how we choose our battles - how we expend our energy. Wasting to energy and indignation on issues like Imus and the seinfeld guy (forgot his name) can cause burnout and the 'cry wolf' syndome.

as is being shown this morning in Jena, Louisiana, we have to stay ready and focussed for battle - because the war is not won

and there are alot of people who didnt know as well.
    I have seen just as many in black as I have not in black. AND We DONT know what they have or haven't done regarding the J6. BUT ya gotta admit... if feels good to be able to IDENTIFY solidarity.

the dressing in black from head to toe, is sublimely delicious T'day.

I had a sister (not dressed in black) say Nice outfit K. Thanks, its my Jena6 Design. and she said Oh shyt I thought that was tomorrow.

She said Imma wear my black tomorrow!
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Dec 3 @ The Paradox 1310 Russell Str.
    Wayne Davis and Mark Mendoza
    Hosted by Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack-Williams View Post
    Damn, I'm late. Didn't know nothing about the black thing because I would have wore all black.
    Yea me too.

On a related note.

BOWIE DONATES $10,000 TO JENA SIX

British rocker David Bowie has pledged his support to a group of six teenagers facing murder charges in Louisiana by donating $10,000 (GBP5,000). Bowie's donation will help lawyers defend the black teenagers who have been charged over an attack on a white schoolmate in Jena. He says, "There is clearly a separate and unequal judicial process going on in the town of Jena. "A donation to the Jena Six Legal Defense Fund is my small gesture indicating my belief that a wrongful charge and sentence should be prevented." Four members of the group face aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy charges resulting from an attack on the student in Jena, Louisiana. Two of the teenagers have been charged with attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post

On a related note.

BOWIE DONATES $10,000 TO JENA SIX

British rocker David Bowie has pledged his support to a group of six teenagers facing murder charges in Louisiana by donating $10,000 (GBP5,000). Bowie's donation will help lawyers defend the black teenagers who have been charged over an attack on a white schoolmate in Jena. He says, "There is clearly a separate and unequal judicial process going on in the town of Jena. "A donation to the Jena Six Legal Defense Fund is my small gesture indicating my belief that a wrongful charge and sentence should be prevented." Four members of the group face aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy charges resulting from an attack on the student in Jena, Louisiana. Two of the teenagers have been charged with attempted murder.
    L ...

just joking. but the fireworks-filled thread on david bowie's contribution here: http://deephousepage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144239
    www.KLUBNUT.com "A Musical Obsession!"
    Latest Mixes: I'm Still Here
    My Facebook
    My Mixcloud
    My Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Fountain View Post
    L ...

just joking. but the fireworks-filled thread on david bowie's contribution here: http://deephousepage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144239
    i avoid threads with slurs and drama .. yeah OK!

Sat outside today during lunch. Very disappointing.
    http://cyberjamz.com 'DJ RAS! pres. the Fri. Night Dance Party' live 10pm-12am EST. http://soundcloud.com/djras2000. 'Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moonlight? I just ask that of all my prey'- Jack Nicholson as the JOKER

Sorry folks im not wearing black,but im speaking about it to coworkers who may not know.Every city in the usa should have had a protest,although i dont think the turnout in Utah would have been that high.
    As I proceed to civilize the uncivilized
    Word to wisdom from the groove to the wise
    I guess im the verbalizer for the fact im moving blackwards
    This asiatic blackman is a dog spelled backwards

Brand Nubian dropping science.

Admit that I was not aware. Otherwise, hell yeah I would don the black get-up.
    "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

Folks are Reppin!

My girl @ TROWE PRICE said it looks like a phuccing funeral up in her building.

Bmore seems to be Black as Hell t'day!
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

black like pakistan

I'm in a black and gray outfit from pakistan.
    Didn't know about the all black today. Now that I do, I'll take off the orange top dress and keep it black and gray.
    And now

Man I didnt see folk wearing Black either, but that would be hard, seeing I'm the only Knee-Gro in the Corporation!!

Just hung up with my

Mother, Grandmother and Aunty - all outside together in Black repping the Jena 6!

gon' go by the house afterwork to take picture with them!
    How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me. - Zora Neale Hurston

Somewhere on Chicago's "Sookie Sookie" Southside!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarick T The Black Ass Fabio View Post
    And to me that's what it's all about. EVERYONE (black or not) coming together to battle injustices posed against ANYONE (black or not)...
    If we could use this "togetherness" when the camera isn't on to understand the power of unity within our neighborhoods.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...95&ref=profile
    Old men start wars that young men fight.

Quote Originally Posted by chldfknungrnd764 View Post
    If we could use this "togetherness" when the camera isn't on to understand the power of unity within our neighborhoods.

and I raise you a kneegrow.... how bout if we could transform and focus this nrg FINANCIALLY!!!!

What if the positivity of feeling empowered by your OWN actions could be converted into WEALTH SEEKING to accompany the search for justice.

*dayum I write some good shyt when Im cooki'fied*
    F.O.N.O- The Sag Party
    Hosted by Moo.

Somewhere on Chicago's "Sookie Sookie" Southside!
    Quote Originally Posted by KBig View Post
    and I raise you a kneegrow.... how bout if we could transform and focus this nrg FINANCIALLY!!!!

What if the positivity of feeling empowered by your OWN actions could be converted into WEALTH SEEKING to accompany the search for justice.

*dayum I write some good shyt when Im cooki'fied*

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...95&ref=profile
    Old men start wars that young men fight.