1. Cabs charge $50 (plus toll) to get home from both airports. $75 from Newark.
2. Some cabs in mid/downtown don't want to go "all the way uptown".
3. Everything is more expensive here - especially fast food.
4. You get around much faster by walking to your destination - especially during rush hour.
5. Finding parking spots can be quite challenging! Meter maids are always on prowl.
6. Summertime get extremely hot! The Big Apple becomes the Baked Apple!
7. Plenty of rats and cockroaches.
8. The aroma of hot garbage, chicken wings and marijuana (wait a minute, that's the 'hood smell).
9. My Italian/Polish/Jewish neighbors complain about "all the foreigners". Fuhgetaboutit!