Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Top Chef Chicago

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,001

    Top Chef Chicago

    Anyone watching this season?

    It's pretty cool filiming it from here in Chicago. They've had some big Chicago chefs on. Rick Bayless, Chef of Blackbird, and Oprah's chef was on last night. I'm waiting to see if Charlie Trotter's gonna make an appearance. It was slow starting but it's pretty good now.

    My fav's are:
    Dale, Stephanie and Spike

    Richard is good but laps in his food (double dips all the time) but very talented

    The icky guy from New Zealand lost yesterday, although Stephanie's dish was awful, I think she won more challenges and is a better cook; that's why they didn't boot her.

    Next week should be interesting; another wedding...LOL.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    Damn!!! I didn't know they were doing this in the Chi! Gonna have to check it out. THANKS!!!
    THERE IS NOTHING I LOVE MORE THAN MUSIC...
    DON'T EVER TAKE MY MUSIC AWAY...
    CAUSE I NEED MY MUSIC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ken View Post
    Damn!!! I didn't know they were doing this in the Chi! Gonna have to check it out. THANKS!!!
    Yeah, it's been really cool this season. They had an event for the Lincoln Park Zoo that was a challenge, they also did a tallgate party at a Bears game and also a block party in a neighborhood I'm sure north of the city where they had to go knocking on folks homes to raid their pantries and fridges to make dishes for the block party, crazy...LOL.

    They all went to second city last week. They had to make dinner for the actors there by using three words the audience randomly picked. One dish was called "turned on asparagas" LOL

    My favorite challenge was the movie one. Rich Roper had a party and they all had to pick a favorite movie, explain it, and make a dish to compliment the idea of the movie. Really cool.

    Ken they do marathons all the time on Bravo, so you should be able to catch up. Watch it, it's really good.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    Quote Originally Posted by islandlover View Post
    Yeah, it's been really cool this season. They had an event for the Lincoln Park Zoo that was a challenge, they also did a tallgate party at a Bears game and also a block party in a neighborhood I'm sure north of the city where they had to go knocking on folks homes to raid their pantries and fridges to make dishes for the block party, crazy...LOL.

    They all went to second city last week. They had to make dinner for the actors there by using three words the audience randomly picked. One dish was called "turned on asparagas" LOL

    My favorite challenge was the movie one. Rich Roper had a party and they all had to pick a favorite movie, explain it, and make a dish to compliment the idea of the movie. Really cool.

    Ken they do marathons all the time on Bravo, so you should be able to catch up. Watch it, it's really good.
    THERE IS NOTHING I LOVE MORE THAN MUSIC...
    DON'T EVER TAKE MY MUSIC AWAY...
    CAUSE I NEED MY MUSIC

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,822
    Im a fan of the show fo sho.

    I saw Rick Bayless on the street the other day!


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post
    Im a fan of the show fo sho.

    I saw Rick Bayless on the street the other day!

    I love him. His food looks sooooo good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Deh-twah
    Posts
    8,499
    I don't really 'watch' the show, but I do turn it on from time to time in hopes of catching a glimpse of Padma Lakshmi:




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    16,898
    I've glanced at it from time to time. I usually come across it on the weekend.
    "...wait a minute, hold up!...you mean I can get da dick without da ignorant mutherfucka attached!?...hell! I'll take two!!!"
    -Comedian Melanie Camacho

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitbootybass View Post
    I don't really 'watch' the show, but I do turn it on from time to time in hopes of catching a glimpse of Padma Lakshmi:



    Same here, she's kind of snooty, but fine.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •