Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a potential problem with Alcohol!

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Hyman Cherry View Post
    Been in jail didnt like it,unintended baby mommas(well you know that aint gonna happen lol)AA maybe.
    Or just become a DJ...when I came back from treatment, I got absorbed with playing music. It was a godsend. Kept me from wanting to be out getting lit with the fellas.
    May you live to be 100, and me 100 minus a day, so that I'll never know nice people like you have passed away ~ "The Chief Rocker" Frankie Crocker RIP

I think its a sign of growing up.Im pushing 35 in a couple of years,its time to start thinking about living a healthier lifestyle.When you hit 30 they say your body goes through lots of changes physically.
    this is true. in my twenties i could drink like a fish. once i hit about 30/31 i noticed my body could not handle a lot of things like it once did like drinking, eating certain foods, and not getting enough sleep.

here is my idea of how someone should handle themself throughout their lifetime:

20s = during this decade you can party like a rock star by drinking, smoking, doing all the drugs you want and getting into trouble all you want. you're young and you will learn from your stupid mistakes you did during this time later on (hopefully). go from job to job without a care in world and get fired all you want but start planning for a serious job later.

30s = this is the time where your body starts warning you to calm the fuck down or else you're gonna pay for it later. start slowing shit down during this decade. get better sleep and start eating better foods. start planning for your future. get your act right and focus on what you will be doing as a career for the rest of your life.

40s = you better wake the fuck up by this point. you should have a serious job/career at this point and probably have some rugrats. you should have bought a home and have some savings in the bank by this point. if you are still drinking by this point and have not done shit with your life but party then you, my friend, are headed down the road of being a total and complete fuckin' loser.

50s = you should be working really hard for your upcoming retirement but save up so you can finally fuckin' relax in your '60s. you should have a good position with a company or have your own business. your retirement savings should be about 60-80% complete. you should own a home with kids. if you are still partying and drinking at this age without a care in the world it is too late for you so enjoy the rest of your life drinking it up and smoking doobs all day long. you will be nothing.

60s = you should be retired by the time this decade is almost done. you should work minimal hours at this point unless you own a business. if you are partying and drinking and smoking at this point then you will die soon of cancer or some other horrible disease. you are a total idiot.

70s = be lucky you made it this far with all the damage you did to your liver, lungs, brain, and heart. if you were partying and drinking up to this point just cut a slit into you abdomen and pour the tequila right into your liver. no sense it wasting time having it go down your throat. get to the point and lather the liver up with some 80 proof. if you don't own a home or anything at this point you really were a party head and you're a loser.

80s = not much to do once you reach this age. be lucky if you still can pop wood. just sit down and watch tv while you rub ben gay all over yourself. you should break a hip or two during this decade and maybe crack your head open in the bathtub because you're stupid ass would slip on carpet.

90s = yeah right. you won't make it this long. keep dreaming, fucko.
    Last edited by AD; 05-19-2008 at 05:51 PM.

AA is a great place to start.

If for no other reason you get a chance to hear many stories of how other people have coped with this problem over the years. If you decide it's for you great, but the desire to drink occasionally may conflict with any long term commitment to AA. You may also realize that if you cannot drink in moderation you may end up having to give up drinking altogether.

If you continue to be honest about your situation with drinking I think that eventually you will overcome excessive drinking, and learn to incorporate a moderate approach to the consumption of alcoholic beverages....

there is an excellent book called "Potatoes Not Prozac" which will mos def explain the bio-chemical aspects of addiction, and more. I highly recommend that you read this book...

http://books.google.com/books?id=idA...D3SuA#PPA12,M1

take care of yourself... i consider you to be a good friend thru this page, and i always believe the best for you.
    Last edited by Tony Mundaca; 05-19-2008 at 05:45 PM.

PHC after a night of heavy drinking:

heeheeheehee
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

Cool

Oh no,im not going to a program.If i can kick yayo cold turkey im quite sure likka wont be that hard.As you said moderation is the key,instead of downing a whole bottle why not just have one or two drinks.The problem is not drinking everyday,its the quantity of the liquor thats being consumed when i do drink.I posted this not for help,i did it because i know some people might be going through a similiar situation but are afraid to admit it to themselves.Sometimes seeing things in print in front of your face adds another dynamic to it.
    Going to AA/NA are simply meetings to help you and give you support. You'll find that there are many people on this board that atend the meetings. Some people can quit on there on but most can't. Talk with people that have expierence with stopping and staying stopped. Don't take the advice of unexpirenced people. Would you go to an auto mechanic for help if you needed a kidney transplant?
    MANTREE RECORDS available @
    www.mantreerecords.bandcamp.com
    www.stompy.com
    www.traxsource.com/Mantree
    www.wasabeat.com

Just think, If there was no HOUSE MUSIC we would all be HOMELESS.

Quote Originally Posted by liL Ray View Post

heeheeheehee
    hahahaha.Dont they understand she is posing on that telephone.
    As I proceed to civilize the uncivilized
    Word to wisdom from the groove to the wise
    I guess im the verbalizer for the fact im moving blackwards
    This asiatic blackman is a dog spelled backwards

Brand Nubian dropping science.

hahahaha.Dont they understand she is posing on that telephone.
    "he said he would call"
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

"he said he would call"

Admiting that you Think you may have a problem IS the first Step. Im not sure how serious you are PHC, but I do know I care about what happens to you. If you need to talk Im here. Take care of yourself and Remember "Alcohol Is a Drug".
    Upcoming Events for Celestethedj

Book Me!

Cyberjamz.com "The Celestial Odyssey" Every Saturday 1-3 pm cst

heeheeheehee
    Silky, you know I got love for you and all, but that there was just SO funny I had to laugh at it

Seriously though, are you sure you're drinking is a problem?..cause to me what you doin is what just about 2/3 of the people aged 14-60 do out here about every weekend..not saying that's a good thing...quite the opposite, and it's better to treat drinkin' as a problem before it actually becomes one but I don't know..gettin' real drunk once a week or so sounds better to me than a few drinks every day. If it is a problem definitely seek help and start DJ'ing to get your mind off it cause I know you got the love for..and the knowledge of the music, plus think about how many great records you can buy for the money you spend on booze & co.

AD, man if I was to live my life like that I might as well had not been born at all..lol.

heeheeheehee
    Website - www.clubflipside.com | Beatport - http://dj.beatport.com/#/daver | Resident Advisor - www.residentadvisor.net/dj/daverussell |
    Podcast - www.daverussell.podomatic.com | YouTube - www.youtube.com/daveruss66 | Facebook - www.facebook.com/daveruss66

"I Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda ..." today, is likely the result of saying "F### it" yesterday