Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug bust Mayor a flop!!!!!!!

Drug bust Mayor a flop!!!!!!!

Two good dogs dead over this BULLSHIT!

(CNN) -- Federal officials have opened a civil rights investigation into a police narcotics raid on the home of a Maryland mayor in which police burst in without knocking and shot the mayor's two dogs to death.

Berwyn Heights, Maryland, Mayor Cheye Calvo comforts wife Trinity Tomsic at a news conference Thursday.

Mayor Cheye Calvo of Berwyn Heights, Maryland, and his mother-in-law were handcuffed and forced to kneel on the floor during the July 29 raid, which police said was part of an investigation into a scheme in which drugs apparently were sent to unsuspecting people.

Prince George's County police, who were in charge of the raid, issued a statement Friday clearing the couple of involvement and expressing "regret."

The FBI and the U.S. attorney's office in Maryland are investigating the incident, FBI spokesman Richard Wolf said Friday.

Calvo had asked for the federal investigation.

"We lost our family dogs," he said Thursday. "We did it at the hands of sheriff's deputies who burst through our front door, rifles blazing." Watch the mayor's description of the raid »

According to The Associated Press, two men, including a FedEx deliveryman, have been arrested in the case.

Police said the scheme involved shipping drugs to unsuspecting people's homes and intercepting the packages. About $3.6 million in marijuana had been seized, police told the AP.

In this instance, investigators told the AP, a package containing 32 pounds of marijuana was sent from Los Angeles, California, to Calvo's house in Berwyn Heights, a town of 3,000 residents 10 miles from Washington.

The package was addressed to his Calvo's wife, Trinity Tomsic.

Don't Miss
    Mayor wants federal investigation into raid
    In transit, a drug-sniffing dog in Arizona brought attention to the package, investigators told the AP. Police intercepted it when it arrived in Maryland, and it was delivered to the Calvo home by an undercover officer, according to the AP report.

In a statement released Friday, Prince George's County Police Chief Melvin High said he called Calvo on Thursday to tell him that in screening the case with the state's attorney's office, "it was concluded that Ms. Tomsic and the Calvo family were innocent victims of drug traffickers."

"I called him to express my sorrow and regret for that and for the loss of the family's beloved dogs," High said in the statement. A thorough review of the raid is being conducted, which is standard procedure in such cases, the department said.

The Prince George's County Police Department was in charge of the raid, and the sheriff's special operations team was assisting. Watch the sheriff defend the drug raid »

Calvo said he set the package aside after it arrived at his home and didn't open it. He said he was changing clothes and preparing to attend a community meeting when "the door flew open. I heard gunfire shoot off. There was a brief pause and more gunfire."

He said he was brought downstairs at gunpoint while in his boxer shorts, handcuffed and forced to kneel on the floor along with his mother-in-law. Then, he said, "I noticed my two dead dogs lying in pools of their own blood."

While he was being held, Calvo said, he told the police he is the town's mayor, but they didn't believe him. "They told a detective I was crazy," he said.

Berwyn Heights has a police force, he said, but Prince George's County police did not notify the municipal authorities of their interest in his home or in the package. "It was that lack of communication that really led to what has really been the most traumatic experience of our lives," he said.

Calvo added, "they've arrested the real criminals involved. We're pleased to have that and get our name back as well. But really, this doesn't excuse what they did."

There is more to this story than meets the eye...
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Timmy Richardson View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is hating when people try to rewrite history that I am a part of.
    http://djdub63.podomatic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by djdub63 View Post
    And what would that be, humperdink?

Your state!

Actually asshole 2 of my boys were on that sheriff's SWAT Team... Beyotch!
    A pet peeve of mine is hating when people try to rewrite history that I am a part of.

Wow: How impressive you are by association: can't wait till they get a chance, with their grandkids on their knees, to tell 'em about the big woopin' drug raid on the Mayor and how in their height of bravery and valor shot two big bad Labradors.

Since when did House Music websites and moronic fascists with SWAT buddies collide?—Let me guess?—You masturbate to the police frequency on your home radio kit?

Exactly: that’s what I thought.

Thanks for proving my point.

prince georges county has a long, sad, sordid history of racist, trigger happy cops that love nothing more than terrifying and quite often, killing its african american citizens, the outrageous acts in this raid are not the least bit surprising, that they did not kill the mayor is the most surprising aspect, how these idiots shot and killed two labs is absurd, just the latest chapter of bullshit from these cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    prince georges county has a long, sad, sordid history of racist, trigger happy cops that love nothing more than terrifying and quite often, killing its african american citizens, the outrageous acts in this raid are not the least bit surprising, that they did not kill the mayor is the most surprising aspect, how these idiots shot and killed two labs is absurd, just the latest chapter of bullshit from these cowboys
    Agreed.... I'd like to add that typically PG county cops show little to no remorse for their actions...

hell, half the time they don't even bother making up excuses.

In this instance, for the past three days the police chief has been saying his cops did nothing wrong... this article posted today is the first time I've heard of the police chief even sorta expressing any remorse for what happened.

Fed civil rights investigations can at times have that affect on a mufuka tho.

Watch, I bet they all get off tho, just like that case where they followed that guy into Va and ended up shooting him because they THOUGHT he was a drug dealer (which he wasn't).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    this was an outrageous act by the police

some heads need to roll
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Hope your friends go to prison. Who shoots a LABADOR RETRIEVER?

Not to mention this mayor is 100% innocent.

Do your 'boyz' have their own pets?

Man cops in PG county shoot FIRST then ask questions -They showed the mayors wife crying on the news about the dead dogs,it was sad to see. Said they were like family
    Last edited by Mr.I; 08-09-2008 at 06:49 AM.
    Slave to the Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    Hope your friends go to prison. Who shoots a LABADOR RETRIEVER?

Not to mention this mayor is 100% innocent.

Do your 'boyz' have their own pets?

Wow thats mature!

Karma is a bitch, those cops will burn in hell for what they did.

I was talking to one mayor of a neighboring town/city the other day about the above mentioned mayor. All mayors around our Port towns know each other. According to him, it's completely out of line /out of character for this guy to be dealing pot. But it's a great way to set somebody up for a fall, isn't it?

Anyway, could the county police not alert the local police before this happened? Could they not just give the mayor some professional courtesy and knock on the door, thereby saving the door, and his dogs? It's not like the mayor is a flight risk!

well I just read the article posted. Must be the follow up story. So yeah. what it says.
    Last edited by C hristian; 08-12-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Hope your friends go to prison.
    Just a reminder.... Wow That's really mature of you!

Quote Originally Posted by C hristian View Post
    I was talking to one mayor of a neighboring town/city the other day about the above mentioned mayor. All mayors around our Port towns know each other. According to him, it's completely out of line /out of character for this guy to be dealing pot. But it's a great way to set somebody up for a fall, isn't it?

Anyway, could the county police not alert the local police before this happened? Could they not just give the mayor some professional courtesy and knock on the door, thereby saving the door, and his dogs? It's not like the mayor is a flight risk!

well I just read the article posted. Must be the follow up story. So yeah. what it says.
    ahem...they didn't believe him when he said he was the mayor. Somebody didn't do their homework.
    www.myspace.com/templedynasty
    www.myspace.com/brazenmuse
    www.myspace.com/feliciatemple
    www.myspace.com/robdanoizetemple
    http://www.youtube.com/feliciatemple
    Louie "Lou" Gorbea:
    http://www.podomatic.com/profile/lgorbea and http://lougorbea.com/
    Mark Mendoza (280 West): markmendozamixes.blogspot.com
    "I'd rather have the kind of clear conscience that comes from doing what's right than the kind that comes from ignoring what's wrong." Me...8/13/07

*In whiny teacher voice*

Oh, for crying out loud, Djdub63, chill. And Bill Blake, don't egg him on.
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Discogoddess View Post
    *In whiny teacher voice*

Oh, for crying out loud, Djdub63, chill. And Bill Blake, don't egg him on.
    It turns me on when you boss me around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blake View Post
    It turns me on when you boss me around.
    I get that a lot.
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

ok...so, we have a team of cops who believe that they are busting someone suspected of receiving drugs via fedex. They seem to know that the MO was to have them delivered to uninvolved parties then snap up the packages before the residents get them. If they know that, why are they raiding this house like this?

County police, not locals, conducted this raid. How good is communication between county police and local police? Each has their own jurisdiction...and some don't like to share info. I'd feel better if they always did...the town cops would have known whose house this was.

On their side: officers know you can train ANY dog, EVEN a labrador, to protect its home. The dogs were probably doing what any good dog does, raising hell at the intruders. Are you, officer thinking that you are carrying out a drug bust, going to think, "oh, these are just labradors" and go on into the house? Doubt it. Wouldn't really be wise.

My emotional reaction is: damn...how you gonna shoot the dogs and traumatize these people like this...they're "good" people...but I only know that bc the articles are telling me that this mayor and his mom-in-law were just home doing normal stuff. But I'm suspicious of the notion that somehow someone would know they were "good people" ...there's no sign on the door telling the po-po that this is the mayor's house and he's squeaky clean...

My more reasoned reaction is: what's with the no-knock warrant? Did they have a warrant at all? These guys were on the trail of illegal drugs...fine. Why operate with half-ass information by leaving local police out of the mix?

This simple looks like a clusterf**k of missed communications and careless operations to me. Maybe the County cops are a little too gung-ho. But maybe not. Raiding the home of a dealer can't be a safe activity, why shouldn't they expect the worst? The fact that they knew they were trailing drugs being sent to fake addresses should have dictated some caution...somebody maybe had an itchy trigger finger?

Craziness. And the footage of the weeping wife is tough to take...but is it necessary?

There's a bunch of confusion going on here, particularly in how the story is being reported...seems to me that the County police and the Feds really need to review their actions ...it also seems that, as horrific as what happened was (I can't imagine looking at my dogs dead on the floor while being held kneeling at gunpoint), some of the rhetoric needs toning down.

My 2 cents...
    Last edited by BrazenMuse; 08-12-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    www.myspace.com/templedynasty
    www.myspace.com/brazenmuse
    www.myspace.com/feliciatemple
    www.myspace.com/robdanoizetemple
    http://www.youtube.com/feliciatemple
    Louie "Lou" Gorbea:
    http://www.podomatic.com/profile/lgorbea and http://lougorbea.com/
    Mark Mendoza (280 West): markmendozamixes.blogspot.com
    "I'd rather have the kind of clear conscience that comes from doing what's right than the kind that comes from ignoring what's wrong." Me...8/13/07

Just a reminder.... Wow That's really mature of you!
    Posting silly pictures and no real information to back up your buddies is immature.

Wanting to see justice done for the murder of two dogs is my (and many other's opinion).

As I said, whether from the law or other sources, these scumbags will get theirs.

less dick please

Where's the more?
    And now

Posting silly pictures and no real information to back up your buddies is immature.

Wanting to see justice done for the murder of two dogs is my (and many other's opinion).

As I said, whether from the law or other sources, these scumbags will get theirs.
    Mark for starters this is still an ongoing investigation and I can't make any other comments. Your snide comment about my buddies going to jail and these scumbags will get theirs is a little immature in my opinion, and it really bothered me as that I have NEVER made snide comments about you or any of your friends (this includes everyone else who has made negative comments towards my friends in this thread). I do apologize for the content of the images I placed on the board, but I will not apologize for defending my friends and their job.