Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crunk and House Music may be link 2 youth

Quote Originally Posted by Basecore Boy View Post
    Any little thang that can help, folks shoot it down.

I wonder if we listen to alot of folks that have nothing to do with building up of the music we love.

Bring back the excitement and folks will want in. Great dancin helps, made me go home and stretch after seeing some folks at the Garage work out.

I'm jus sayin.......
    Like I already stated, you can throw all the parties you want to get that feeling back, those memories, I'm all for it because I still want to "Remember". But you cannot use this approach for a generation that never experienced what we went through. They can only hear it, but never feel it. You're talking about a generation that did not grow up with House Music being a primary alternative to other genres of music.

Introducing the youth to a music that is no longer at its peak is a task in itself. Sounds rather familiar doesn't it because this is the same thing that happened to Jazz not too long ago.

I don't want to bring back the past, I want us to move forward.

We must find exciting ways to get folks involved. I believe this will help the house music scene, just looking at those kids at Humble Beginnings and watching the folks watch them, really stuck out to me.

I don't want to bring back the past, I want us to move forward.

We must find exciting ways to get folks involved. I believe this will help the house music scene, just looking at those kids at Humble Beginnings and watching the folks watch them, really stuck out to me.
    Then in order to move on, there must be some type of closure. Again, let the next generation pave the way, and if it involves House Music, then great, if not, then so be it.

The car goes no where unless someone drives it.

Quote Originally Posted by GROOVE VICTIM View Post
    It's this "Sith" attitude that will keep the movement stagnant. If you're not able to accept the reality the music faces or be willing to study the music from a scientific standpoint, then the your perspective of false hope will continue to blind you.

And your comment about negative energy, well, there's no light without the dark.

The more you read the "Back logs" of this website you will see that there is a longing for a fruitful future for the music. Time after time after time people have contributed to the blue print for House Music's success but fail to execute because the "Music" aspect of the business continues to be overlooked. I'm not coming from a "Throwing a party" point of view, and never have. You can throw all the parties you want until you're blue in the face, but this does not negate the fact that the music in its current state has reached a pinnacle and must be examined and analyzed for it to continue on a more steady stream.

I created many threads about the MUSIC and how it should be studied, no different than jazz, the blues, and now hip hop, but of course I was greeted with Apathy.

Peace
    I'm not sure about the "Sith" reference please elaborate. We concur on this point, music needs to be studied before it can be properly created. I don't know if hip-hop is a good example of this as it is more because of the video era that it has propsers. Many hip-hop artists are dismayed because the state of the industry is geared toward a "whats hot" attitude where you once got paid to be good its simply enough now that its good you got paid. Digression aside, I don't believe we've reached a pinnacle and never said the music shouldn't grow. It's my belief that if you can't create craft without craftsman skills. It has nothing to do with how people dance to it or what dance they are doing. Its the music that will make them dance not the dance that will make the music.

Quote Originally Posted by GROOVE VICTIM View Post
    ... Again, let the next generation pave the way, and if it involves House Music, then great, if not, then so be it.
    this pretty much sums up how i feel about it. ya gotta let the younger folks do whatever it is they want to do with it. we may not like what they do, the same way that most older hip hop heads don't like what the kids are doing now. but they're doing it, and doing it big. i absolutely hate that souljaboy crap, but from what i see, it's fun music for the kids, and i can't hate on that aspect of it. so we gotta let him do what he do. same with house. there are younger folks out there who are into it. let them do what they want to do with it to bring excitement to themselves.

and there's nothing wrong with older heads wanting to hold on to what they had/have. just gotta realize that the kids may or may not be open to it. no big deal. i know i wasn't dying to hang out with my parents when they used to break out the old 50s and 60s music that they grew up on.
    www.KLUBNUT.com "A Musical Obsession!"
    Latest Mixes: I'm Still Here
    My Facebook
    My Mixcloud
    My Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    I'm not sure about the "Sith" reference please elaborate. We concur on this point, music needs to be studied before it can be properly created. I don't know if hip-hop is a good example of this as it is more because of the video era that it has propsers. Many hip-hop artists are dismayed because the state of the industry is geared toward a "whats hot" attitude where you once got paid to be good its simply enough now that its good you got paid. Digression aside, I don't believe we've reached a pinnacle and never said the music shouldn't grow. It's my belief that if you can't create craft without craftsman skills. It has nothing to do with how people dance to it or what dance they are doing. Its the music that will make them dance not the dance that will make the music.
    Well said.
    "...there is no question that the Internet at large is the biggest, baddest collection of bullshit users, clueless n00bs, annoying trolls, and the most colossal waste of time, bandwidth and money the world has ever known. It dwarfs anythings else in the idiotic department by a factor of one million, if not more..." - FK

I can not believe some of what is being said here, thank God some are not driving the car.

I wonder if hip hop really wants the crunk dancin, remember they dance no more all they do is this.

gotta agree with groove on this one. most young people have no context when it comes to house, so they have no reason to really be into it. i'm cool with that, it's their youth, they should have their sound. personally, i can't stand a lot of the new crap i hear these days, but i bet older folks hated the house/techno/hip hop i used to play to when i was younger.

as for a house renaissance, i'd be all for it, but not gonna hold my breath for that one.

Any little thang that can help, folks shoot it down.

I wonder if we listen to alot of folks that have nothing to do with building up of the music we love.

Bring back the excitement and folks will want in. Great dancin helps, made me go home and stretch after seeing some folks at the Garage work out.

I'm jus sayin.......
    God is a dj.
    Love saves the day!