Thread: For everyone that has/is

Hybrid View

For everyone that has/is

throwing parties that may be "kinda" light and you feel like you are wasting your time..For those DJs that play and noone seems to come out and hear you play and you feel "less" than thrilled to be playing for the bar staff... Keep the faith and just keep trying harder...Nothing good comes easy and it is called "PAYING YOUR DUES"..Some have been at it for a long time and are just now getting a little "shine"..Don't throw in the towel after 1 failed party..I remember when I first started throwing parties back in 1995 I could barely get 10 people to come out and I had Mike Ezebukwu spinning..Eventually after countless sleepless nights of being out at every club/party that I could think of every night trying to promote and people throwing my pluggers on the ground that I finally started getting folks to come out and can remember damn near being in tears after my first 'packed party"..B-Side Cafe on Thursday nights...I still can remember folks not coming to parties until AFTER I had gotten OFF of the tables..Now a few people don't mind hearing me play and or coming to parties that I throw...Keep up the work and stay focused and good things will come..This is not a quck fix instant packed party business for all..

Pay your dues and be the best that you can be..

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    throwing parties that may be "kinda" light and you feel like you are wasting your time..For those DJs that play and noone seems to come out and hear you play and you feel "less" than thrilled to be playing for the bar staff... Keep the faith and just keep trying harder...Nothing good comes easy and it is called "PAYING YOUR DUES"..Some have been at it for a long time and are just now getting a little "shine"..Don't throw in the towel after 1 failed party..I remember when I first started throwing parties back in 1995 I could barely get 10 people to come out and I had Mike Ezebukwu spinning..Eventually after countless sleepless nights of being out at every club/party that I could think of every night trying to promote and people throwing my pluggers on the ground that I finally started getting folks to come out and can remember damn near being in tears after my first 'packed party"..B-Side Cafe on Thursday nights...I still can remember folks not coming to parties until AFTER I had gotten OFF of the tables..Now a few people don't mind hearing me play and or coming to parties that I throw...Keep up the work and stay focused and good things will come..This is not a quck fix instant packed party business for all..

Now that's HOUSE.

Thanks Rich!

Talking

Positive vibes according to Richierich..............good info yo........

Sometimes it takes longer than you think to finally say "YES this is what I wanted"

Wow...the soft side of Richie Rich....but this is very encouraging for all, respect Mr. Richie.
    Let your SouL be Beautiful...
    Ms.Sharon
    http://soundcloud.com/feelmysoul-compilations

Quote Originally Posted by shasha View Post
    Wow...the soft side of Richie Rich....but this is very encouraging for all, respect Mr. Richie.
    Yeah, I thought he was getting ready to put one of those "stay yo lame ass at home" threads together...........lol

good insight though, I'm glad he shared with the class.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck P View Post
    Yeah, I thought he was getting ready to put one of those "stay yo lame ass at home" threads together...........lol

good insight though, I'm glad he shared with the class.........

nah, I took my meds today...bwahahahahaha!!

nah, I took my meds today...bwahahahahaha!!
    That's what I figured............lmao

I can vivdly recall nightclub owners telling me to "shut it down" early due to the fact that noone was at the party..Depressing to say the least..I can also recall being "SNATCHED" off of the tables my very first time playing at a club.."The Spot" on Randolph...They basically wanted to save the party..(I had NO business trying to play out live at that time)..My boy Harry A. had let me open up for him and he had to jump on to get the party started...Lessons Learned!!

How encouraging Richard. At first I when I saw the thread I was like, "o' shit, Rich about to read!"
    "...wait a minute, hold up!...you mean I can get da dick without da ignorant mutherfucka attached!?...hell! I'll take two!!!"
    -Comedian Melanie Camacho

Yeah, I thought this was a "USUAL" RichieRich thread. HAHAHAHAHA

GR8 points though Rich!
    "The D'Vine One Radio Show"
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-d-...radio-show#_=_
    Every Sunday 12-5 pm cst.

Quote Originally Posted by jojaujae3 View Post
    Yeah, I thought this was a "USUAL" RichieRich thread. HAHAHAHAHA

GR8 points though Rich!

Dude I am the mofo "Studs Terkel" of House...A WEALTH of info...hahahahahaa!!

I could write a book...

Thumbs up

Thanks man!
    "This scene travels in circles''