Thread: Is this the bitchiest sub culture on the planet?

Is this the bitchiest sub culture on the planet?

Is it me, or is the dance music culture the bitchiest anywhere? It seems to me everyone just sooks and complains but never does anything to help a situation. (Me included).

I feel as though, if you try to talk to someone into dance music, they just whine and whinge and make everything into a drama, then whine and whinge more when you tell them to get fucked, then sook about how they don't understand you, then try to hold a civil conversation where they try to put you down in a bullshit polite way so it looks like they're not putting you down, THEN! put you down behind your back to everyone else and say what they really mean.

Thats the impression I get. ... It feels like the loves gone.

As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

Disagree. People in house are generally quite polite...PLEASE fuck off.

why do we even bother to open dude's threads?
    i think Naked Age put a root on us all.

you're a subculture.. bacterial prolly

Quote Originally Posted by NakedAge View Post
    Is it me, or is the dance music culture the bitchiest anywhere? It seems to me everyone just sooks and complains but never does anything to help a situation. (Me included).
    hip hop:
    http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/...=GenDiscussion

http://www.realestniggas.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5

rock n roll:
    http://soundopinions.org/forum/index.php?showforum=5
    http://gunssweatandrocknroll74506.yu...Overdrive.html

See the similarities? There no difference in any other genre.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." — Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”– Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

I feel as though, if you try to talk to someone into dance music, they just whine and whinge and make everything into a drama, then whine and whinge more when you tell them to get fucked, then sook about how they don't understand you, then try to hold a civil conversation where they try to put you down in a bullshit polite way so it looks like they're not putting you down, THEN! put you down behind your back to everyone else and say what they really mean.

why oh why do you always have to bring race into everything?

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post

See the similarities? There no difference in any other genre.
    thanks.

Naked age people are people.Some nice,some not so nice thats life and you have to deal with it.Hip hop,hpuse,R&B whatever has some nice people and some not so nice people.
    As I proceed to civilize the uncivilized
    Word to wisdom from the groove to the wise
    I guess im the verbalizer for the fact im moving blackwards
    This asiatic blackman is a dog spelled backwards

Brand Nubian dropping science.

Ya, house is emotional.....

Phyllis, thats true, and I understand, I met bitch punk rockers who I wanted to slap in the mouth, but sometimes I get the feeling everyones forgotten how to be polite, but THEN, the punk rockers or the hip-hop people or what ever will take you under their wing and show you how nice they can be.

Thats why I'm asking. I don't wanna make a big thing of this or anything, just lately dealing with people in house music has been incredibly hard.

But, it's as Suzzanne pointed out, it's truly based on the individual, so are we all just becoming as big a wanker as I am?

Palentine, as you have nothing better to do, surely you can see the pattern I'm getting at? I'm trying to find, as Kamal would put it "why are people so unkind?"

It's as if you can't get a break anymore. Nothing feels genuine in this world anymore as far as politeness and shit goes.

You have never been on some of the comic book/anime/sci-fi boards have you?
    Martino's criteria for mixes:
    Quote Originally Posted by martino View Post
    I want to hear something with some peaks and valleys (that make some kind of transitional sense), no key clashing (unless it somehow works in a tension building way), no vocal clashing, and overall good energy and maybe a bit drama happening would be cool.
    Myron's Library Blog: http://myronslibraryworld.wordpress.com/
    Myron's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/mr_intensity

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    You have never been on some of the comic book/anime/sci-fi boards have you?
    Now THAT's entertainment.
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." — Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”– Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

Ask a Hip-Hop head like me. . .& I will tell you

HELL NO!!!

Look at how sensitive these bitch rappers are, especially here in Chicago.
    at these Hip Hop 'Events' at like Darkroom, Sub-T, Etc. everybodies so uptight. Most people don't even bob they head.

I don't wanna make a big thing of this or anything

I have reservations about the validity of this claim...

lol @ detroitbootybass .. TRUST ME!!! I don't intentionally start topics to create drama. Entertainment yes, conversation yes, but not drama. I just wanna talk to people is all, like, maturely, in a mature enough matter to share different views with out people jumping all over you.

HsoChicago - Man funny you mention that, I ventured on a Hip-Hop forum today and saw a bit of it. But I think I'm just observing from a local stand point, like, from the reality I'm faced with in House Music culture in my local area,(which from what I gather is very different to the musical culture of this board) then of course, coming here and seeing all the politics, just made me kinda put 2 and 2 together and want to ask.

Myron- I actually have been on a few, like, Marvel I think. See, I just started the Sci-Fi thread thing. I'm studying to become an author, cept, I'm fucking pathetic at it, and so I did actually sign up to the Marvel forums because I'm a bit of a comic fan. I don't collect anymore but I still have some and would really love to write for Marvel or Manga and create something really bizzare. So yeah, I've seen how they are but truth is, its just one more forum I can't be fucked keeping up with. Theres a forum for everything now days, and I think they're all used primarily for 2 purposes.
    For those involved in their respective industries to use those boards to get ahead in that industry, or for the passive consumers of that industry to find information about consumer goods of product that forum represents. Ie: Dj's using this page to get their mixes heard, or, House music fans using it to find out when the next party is.
    In Marvels case for me it would be to maybe try get some of my shit read, or for someone who buys comics maybe to find when the next convention is.

So, yeah. Its not so much bitchiness I found, just, not enough shit to go around. Not enough people to share with. I like sharing