Thread: Jermaine Jackson - Erucu (Mahogany Soundtrack).... Played By DJ Walter Gibbons

Jermaine Jackson - Erucu (Mahogany Soundtrack).... Played By DJ Walter Gibbons

"Other disco DJs, most notably Nicky Siano at the Gallery, were also passionate about the potential of the break, but Gibbons acquired an unrivalled reputation for his ability to unearth these beat fragments in the most unexpected places. Rare Earth's "Happy Song", "Erucu" by Jermaine Jackson from the Mahogany soundtrack and "2 Pigs and a Hog" from the Cooley High soundtrack became trademark records. All of them were released on Motown in 1975. All of them contained an extended drum solo."

Very nice. Thanks for sharing this. That bassline is serious!

played by everybody..
    I Am Almost Keeping It Real

The Soul Train Gang used to groove to Erucu.

It was reissued on Ballroom Records about five years ago (with the title Ecuru, I think). It might have had a slight re-edit, but I can't remember. Slammin track.

Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    It was reissued on Ballroom Records about five years ago (with the title Ecuru, I think). It might have had a slight re-edit, but I can't remember. Slammin track.
    I think you could be correct, as I have that very copy. I have to dig it out and hear it.
    This music was made for stompin!

Quote Originally Posted by meistro View Post
    you're right, i got this one!
    righteous knowledge allah