Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BET's 'American Gangster's 3rd season on BET(October 23rd/Thursday 10:00PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ken View Post
    Damn, you right!!!
    Willie "The Wimp" Stokes

Stevie Ray Vaughan did a song about Willie "The Wimp" Stokes

Earl Wilson (Southside Chicago martial arts Ledgend) was Flukey Stokes Bodyguard. Earl used to work Security at the Rinkzone.

I remember the news report the night of the Murder. When interviewed by Channel 7 News, Earl said that men ran from both sides of the street, shot the driver Ronald Johnson and the passenger Willie "Flukey" Stokes. He also said that he got 2 shots off (using a 357 Magnum) at the gunmen but missed. Earl was driving the tail car behind Flukey. There was a female passenger in the back seat of the lead car, she was not hurt.

If i'm not mistaken, the murder took place on 71st & St. Lawrance (s/p).

We of the Rinkzone knew that Earl was working another gig as a Bodyguard but we didn't know it was for Flukey Stokes. We were also shocked that he used a gun.

Earl was a Martial Arts master, I am talking breaking bricks etc with one chop. We used to try to get him to show us stuff but he used to tell us "Just like ya'll partice mixing to be the best...this takes just as much Commitment".

Earl was hired on as security by Nate Simpson (owner of the Rink).

The Promoter Ruffis Sparks (J.R. Dionte') had the security staff that on the norm worked for Promoters Marvin Terry & Sam Chatman working as our regular security staff.

Willie "Flukey" Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    werd. I'm enjoying this one...
    ...and to think that myself, sis and cousins, as kids, used to go to the Apollo and see the Sylvers around that time. That was the Sylvers' 'home gig', believe it or not! I don't remember DJ Hollywood there, though!

2. Dude used to ball w/Tiny Archibald!!!!!!

3. His half-brother used to tell Guy who was snitchin', just to get paid. Ain't that snitchin, too?

4. The big party at the Time Life Penthouse is the Black version of the Italian Appalachia meeting, where all the bigwigs are together, and the Feds have all the evidence they need. Dumb!

5. Sleeping with your main man's girl...also not too bright!
    "You can master any situation if you can master yourself."
    --TD Jakes

BET's 'American Gangster's 3rd season on BET(October 23rd/Thursday 10:00PM)

Fletch, Guy Fisher comes from the same Projects(Patterson Projects in the South Bronx), Were, Tiny Archibald and Iran Barkley(Former Middleweight Champion during the early 90's), Come from my man/LOL, Also, Guy Fisher

Used to hang At Club 371, In the Bronx, During the mid to late 70's, Cats like Guy Fisher,Bat Ross,Frank(Blackie)James(All down with Nicky Barnes crew), All hung at club 371, Which featured:Dj Hollywood,Jun-bug/Rip,Reggie Wells,Eddie Chebba, Rockin allnight to the morning lite, During the mid to late 70's, My man/LOL, Fletch, Guy Fisher played Nicky Barnes mad dirty, In regards Guy Fisher, Gettin it up straight with Nicky Barnes's, Young lady(And,

Cats come hard at Nicky Barnes for screaming on Cats who were down with Nicky Barnes crew/LOL), Fletch, I used to see Guy Fisher at Roberto Clemente State Park in the Bronx, During the mid/late 70's, When cats were playing in the Elmcor/Citywide tournaments at Roberto Clemente state park during the mid/late 70's, I also used to see Guy Fisher at the Hotel Diplomat

In Manhattan, During the mid to late 70's too(Guy Fisher was crew with Hollywood during the 70's), Fletch, As for that snitching nonsense/LOL, Cats pop that snitching nonsense mad loud, When a cat is on the streets/LOL,

But, Try poppin that stop snitching nonsense upnorth(With a life's push, Without the possibility of parole), In your fronts(Then, We'll see the true hand in the face, In regards to loyalty for the streets/LOL).
    Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Mike,

It's one thing to snitch because....1) you are remorseful, 2) your leader hung you out to dry, or 3) you'll get more time if you don't give up the info. But to tell the kingpin who's snitchin' on him, so you can get paid, is straight up wrong. I believe in the program, Guy's brother got a couple of innocent cats popped. Coco tells Guy "so and so's snitchin'", but the person is actually innocent. I guess Guy didn't care if Coco was lying or not. That and wrecklessness w/Nick's old lady is the reason he went down quick! Correct?
    Last edited by Fletch; 12-05-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    "You can master any situation if you can master yourself."
    --TD Jakes

BET's 'American Gangster's 3rd season on BET(October 23rd/Thursday 10:00PM)

Fletch, What got Guy Fisher popped in regards to movin weight, Was, Guy Fisher was a very flamboyant cat with his, My man/LOL, Cats, That like to be onstage like that(Mad Flamboyant), Don't last on the Illegal circuit(Like, John Gotti/LOL), Also, Guy Fisher,Frank James,Brother John,Etc, Were getting zooted around Nicky Barnes daughter, Along with cats poppin shit about,

Nicky Barnes, While, Nicky Barnes was in Riker's in 1978, And, When, Nicky Barnes was upnorth(Lewisburg Maxium Security Prision in Pennsylvania, During the 80's), Fletch, Guy Fisher was younger than Nicky Barnes and the rest of Nicky Barnes crew, So, When a young cat is running with Nicky Barnes, Then,

Attains leadership of Nicky Barnes crew in 1977, When, Nicky Barnes was popped, A cat has to have mad,Mad,Humility, In regards to staying humble and modest, When it comes to one's, Everday endeavors, My man/LOL,

Fletch, Guy Fisher was like Po(Alpo), But, Without the violence and egotistical attitude that Po displayed during the 80's, Uptown/Harlem.
    Much Respect
    Mike Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie 3:26 View Post

The big time Chi cat they need to do an episode on is Flukey Stokes.My man was ill with his,in regards to getting that paper.Knew some old timers who used to roll with dude.Heard some amazing stories..can't say um here tho..