Thread: So who is the gay rapper?

He is!!

"Caushun, the Gay Rapper"

Not sure if anyone around the 'hood has been bumping his tracks yet. Anyone know about him or heard any of his material? Is this just another run-of-the-mill, albeit risky, gimmick?

magic_juan [img]graemlins/conf44.gif[/img]

[ August 07, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Magic Juan ]
    "There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people."

Yes, this is real and no gimmick.

He's supposed to be really good as well.
    Im devilicious...<br /><a href=\"http://www.house-callz.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.house-callz.com</a><br /> <a href=\"http://housecallz.proboards11.com/index.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">http://housecallz.proboards11.com/index.cgi</a>

He's been around for years, yet nobody seems to have ever heard him. He gets more press than most other MC's, so I guess that's something.

i read an article/interview with this dude. he said gay men love hip hop, especially because the "thugs" are always running around taking off their clothes and rapping about their dicks. i remember a lot of the hip hop parties i used to go to were hard-leg jams...

*eyebrow raised*

here in dc, there are a lot of very hip-hop looking, thugged-out gay dudes that you wouldn't, at first glance, even think are gay.

none of this is suprizing to me.
    ::: everything in it's right place :::

a thats funny i just head a discussion with a friend of mine (a serious hiphophead) about homosexuality and hiphop. He said that there were no gay rappers because hiphop is to masculin.

Im mailing him this link right now [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hear Jay Z is a "Downlow" rapper. So is Russell Simmons from what I have heard.
    http://www.venganza.org/

“I shoulda known you'd be behind this, Fiendish Dr. Wu. Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only outmatched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite

2006 & 2012 DHP Fantasy Football Champion

there are a lot of rappers who mess around on the "DL" ... back when this first hit the airwavers (Wendy Williams way back in the day, and ONE NUT Magazine, I believe) they were undoubtedly referring to someone other than "Caushun" - however, he is OUT, the original "GAY RAPPER" is still not.

You would be surprised. That's all i'll say.

[ August 07, 2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: JMNYC ]
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

I would put money on the fellers who go out of their way to demoralize women for show.

Originally posted by Eargasm:
    I hear Jay Z is a "Downlow" rapper. So is Russell Simmons from what I have heard.
    And Mase...
    "Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder." -- Adolf Loos

Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eargasm:
    And Mase... </font>[/QUOTE]Never heard that one. The Jay Z thing is a rumor but i'm inclined to believe it based on his seeming hatred for women. The Russell Simmons one comes from a gay acquaintance who says he has fooled around with him. I don't believe him to be lieing cause that is not his mo. He is a pretty real cat.

[ August 07, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Eargasm ]

“I shoulda known you'd be behind this, Fiendish Dr. Wu. Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only outmatched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite

Tim Dog deinitely.

Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
    And Mase... </font>[/QUOTE]Ya'll just don't get it. These guys are "Metrosexual!"

Originally posted by Wild i:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jimmymack-2000:
    And Mase... </font>[/QUOTE]Ya'll just don't get it. These guys are "Metrosexual!" </font>[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/jpshakehead.gif[/img]

"Do we know who the gay rapper is? I spoke to the writer and he just made up a story about a gay rapper. The story wasn't one man's story- it was a composite. You're not supposed to sit there and try to figure out who the gay rapper is but learn from the message of the story. But all people cared about was, "Who is the gay rapper?" That wasn't the question. Because going to industry parties I can point to two handfulls of gay rappers and another five fingers of lesbians. This is so commonplace in the business.

But I so loved sharing that story of the gay rapper with my public. That was phenomenal. One half of the folks were saying "Great, great, great!" The other half were saying "Shut up, you bitch!" - Wendy Williams in "Wendy's Got the Heat"
    "MAY YOU LIVE AS LONG AS YOU WANT, BUT NEVER WANT AS LONG AS YOU LIVE. MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 100, & ME 100 BUT MINUS A DAY, SO THAT I'LL KNOW THAT NICE PEOPLE LIKE YOU, HAVE PASSED MY WAY. AND REMEMBER, WHEN FRANKIE CROCKER ISN'T ON YOUR RADIO, YOUR RADIO JUST ISN'T REALLY ON."

what about the other way around? are there any super queens who are on the DL about messing around with the opposite sex? now that would be scandalous. [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img]

Originally posted by mattymatt:
    what about the other way around? are there any super queens who are on the DL about messing around with the opposite sex? now that would be scandalous. [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img]
    Another opportunity for a great quote from "Torch Song Trilogy" - "Just once, I'd like to see a BIsexual man who sneaks out on his boyfriend to cheat with a girl."

from what i have heard, the Gay Rapper is Erick Sermon.

How about the Gay Pimp? Check out the video.

Originally posted by JMNYC:
    "Do we know who the gay rapper is? I spoke to the writer and he just made up a story about a gay rapper. The story wasn't one man's story- it was a composite. You're not supposed to sit there and try to figure out who the gay rapper is but learn from the message of the story. But all people cared about was, "Who is the gay rapper?" That wasn't the question. Because going to industry parties I can point to two handfulls of gay rappers and another five fingers of lesbians. This is so commonplace in the business.

But I so loved sharing that story of the gay rapper with my public. That was phenomenal. One half of the folks were saying "Great, great, great!" The other half were saying "Shut up, you bitch!" - Wendy Williams in "Wendy's Got the Heat"
    That explains a lot. Good post.
    "To know and to act are one and the same" –Samurai maxim

What about Redman? On, one of the songs on his "Muddy Waters" album he says something about "pumping male groupies in the rear". I sh!t you not.

Originally posted by IIBS:
    What about Redman? On, one of the songs on his "Muddy Waters" album he says something about "pumping male groupies in the rear". I sh!t you not.
    I've heard Red is one of those "two handfuls" Wendy was referring to, but that's just what I've heard. Truth is, if ya don't know someone who slept with 'em personally, ya just don't know.

Originally posted by Walter Jones:
    How about the Gay Pimp? Check out the video.
    [img]icon_rofl.gif[/img] My friend sent me that link a few weeks back. Funny stuff :D