Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shelter track id's from 02/15

Anyone there this weekend? These id's , I'd really love to have ;)

1) around 6:30, after about 40 mins of disco. it was a really uptempo with a Christopher McCray/Robert Owens vocal. I think the new kerri chandler followed that one…

2) b/w 8 & 10 am...lyrics: 'music is the answer' again, this was a faster track with a wicked drum patttern.

Originally posted by 2121:

2) b/w 8 & 10 am...lyrics: 'music is the answer' again, this was a faster track with a wicked drum patttern.

This was definitely "Music Is The Answer" by Colonel Abrams. Timmy played it around 9:30

And the nearly 5 minute long blend with "Worlds" and "I'm Doing Fine" was the sh*t....everyone was feeling it [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Master Kev:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 2121:

This was definitely "Music Is The Answer" by Colonel Abrams. Timmy played it around 9:30</font>[/QUOTE]is this off the streetwise 12" from '85? damn, i've seen this so many times!

another one, disco track after teddy pendergrass 'you can't hide'

[ February 17, 2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: 2121 ]

HAHA@emoticons

i don't care, i'm just so happy that it was such a good time!!!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Master Kev:

This was definitely "Music Is The Answer" by Colonel Abrams. Timmy played it around 9:30</font>[/QUOTE]is this off the streetwise 12" from '85? damn, i've seen this so many times!</font>[/QUOTE]Yep, that's the one

another one, disco track after teddy pendergrass 'you can't hide'

That would be "Free Love" by Jean Carn

[img]hail.gif[/img] at master kev.

how about the other one. maybe you should ask timmy. thanks in advance.

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

He played ...
    "The night the lights went out" Trammps
    "Body Contact contract" Trammps
    "You can't hide from yourself" Teddy Pendergrass
    "Free Love" Jean Carn
    "Was That All It Was" Jean Carn
    then went and played "Falling In Love" Sybil (been a long time since I heard that in a club)
    "Don't Make Me Wait" NYC Peech Boys
    then went into the accapella of "Don't Make Me Wait" then rocked "Love IS The Message" briefly and then quickly brought in "Days Like This" Shawn Escoffery which was followed by "That's How Much I Love You" Ambrosia....the place was going nuts!!
    Then he dropped 2 new joints I've never heard, one was some real nice female vocal and then the one after that was a new India Arie he was playing off CDR
    The night was dope, not too packed (the cold kept a lot of people home) I got there at around 4:45 and stayed until 10 AM

David Morales popped up in the booth again this week

He played ...
    at this point, I sparked a J...there was this chick who was just kicking her legs up, to what beat I don't know, and I was so into her having a good time that it just looked like the coolest thing ever...

He played ...
    at this point, I sparked a J...there was this chick who was just kicking her legs up, to what beat I don't know, and I was so into her having a good time that it just looked like the coolest thing ever...</font>[/QUOTE]Nice :D

He played ...
    at this point, I sparked a J...there was this chick who was just kicking her legs up, to what beat I don't know, and I was so into her having a good time that it just looked like the coolest thing ever...</font>[/QUOTE]Better chill with "sparkin a J". That is gonna get the club shut down.

Originally posted by DJ Timmy Richardson:
    He played ...
    at this point, I sparked a J...there was this chick who was just kicking her legs up, to what beat I don't know, and I was so into her having a good time that it just looked like the coolest thing ever...</font>[/QUOTE]Better chill with "sparkin a J". That is gonna get the club shut down.</font>[/QUOTE]This is true...we have had enough problems with clubs in NYC lately...we don't need to lose Shelter too

Yo Timmy, did you hear that new India Arie track before you broke out?

Yo Timmy, did you hear that new India Arie track before you broke out?
    Nah I left around 1030..didnt notice it...was in the lounge for a bit. Manhassett set that place off as well.

Originally posted by DJ Timmy Richardson:
    He played ...
    at this point, I sparked a J...there was this chick who was just kicking her legs up, to what beat I don't know, and I was so into her having a good time that it just looked like the coolest thing ever...</font>[/QUOTE]Better chill with "sparkin a J". That is gonna get the club shut down.</font>[/QUOTE]Why? What does the law say - that the establishment holds responsibility for its patrons? What exactly would happen - would the cops come in, smell weed and then bust the owner? Better to explain rather than telling someone not to something period, dont you think?

Drugs are not allowed in the clubs. 2 major clubs, Exit and Sound Factory were padlocked last week. If it was legal, why do you have to sneak the weed in. I am sure you have seen the many signs on display warning against drug use. I hope I have explained clearly enough. And yes the club owner is responsible for the patrons.

I'd like to know the mechanisms by which these clubs were closed, i.e. laws broken etc...it's not enough to charge a club owner b/c ppl were consuming drugs on the premises...I suspect the owners of the sf, and xt were involved with distribution. What kind of drugs were consumed in these places...I think you can answer those questions on your own.

If you know the laws you're breaking then you can protect yourself Just because they are laws doesn't mean that they're justified.

And btw, I didn't sneak anything in as three unrelated groups of people shared w/me. They obviously don't get the point of these 'signs'.

..it's not enough to charge a club owner b/c ppl were consuming drugs on the premises...
    or maybe it is. could someone knowledgeable please clear this up?

How bout it doesnt have to be a law, but it is the club policy. You obviously snuck weed in as it isnt allowed. How long have you been partying in NYC. This has been goin on since Shelter was in the old club and it has been discussed on several boards.

Answer my question. It doesn't matter how long I've been partying in NYC. Oh, and go back and read my post. I stated, clearly, that I did not sneak anything in. Others shared their own stash with me.

I just want to know what the law says.

Answer my question. It doesn't matter how long I've been partying in NYC. Oh, and go back and read my post. I stated, clearly, that I did not sneak anything in. Others shared their own stash with me.

I just want to know what the law says.
    Ok they snuck the weed in. I dont know the specific law, but you are aware that drugs are illegal in NY and that is a law, so why does a club need a special law to keep drugs out . THINK about. Trust me, you keep smoking weed in the Shelter and one of 2 things will happen. 1. You get kicked out and 2. The club gets closed down. Don't you notice how few people smoke in there. Probably not.

F*cking draconian laws.

[ February 17, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: 2121 ]