Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do I have to do to get....

What do I have to do to get....

A FRIGGIN FORTUNE COOKIE? Order Chinese food and spend 25 bucks then not only do I have to ask for a damn fortune cookie I gotta make sure the send more than one Soy Sauce and One Duck Sauce for five dishes! I don't even read them beyotches but I like how they taste. Then don't think I didn't call them bastids back to my house when they didn't include my free dish for spending over 20 bucks

Why do you still patronize that business?

Oh, and you can go to Chinatown (or wherever the shops/wholesalers who cater to Chinese restaurants are located) and get yourself a whole mess of fortune cookies. Cut out the middleman.
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

Did you order some Lo Fun (Low Funds), Weno Gat Dat, or Can Ya Cook? lol j/k

Next time you order, you must specify the specificity. Write that down...it's some good ish.
    My momma taught me how to talk trash...and my daddy taught me how to back it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Discogoddess View Post
    Why do you still patronize that business?

Oh, and you can go to Chinatown (or wherever the shops/wholesalers who cater to Chinese restaurants are located) and get yourself a whole mess of fortune cookies. Cut out the middleman.
    I really don't the Chinese food in Queens sucks (Brooklyn rocks and you don't have to ask) but my family act like they're from Hong Kong and try and pay these peoples kids tuitions. Good idea about cutting the middle man out.

Quote Originally Posted by panklady View Post
    Did you order some Lo Fun (Low Funds), Weno Gat Dat, or Can Ya Cook? lol j/k

Next time you order, you must specify the specificity. Write that down...it's some good ish.

Thats another thing.... I hear the doorbell and they're like "Oh we ordered Chinese ...i got you so and so..." because if we are ordering out? I ain't opting for Chinese....in Queens.

Anyone in NY reading this thread know a Chinese restaurant that makes Clams Cantonese? I used to order from Su Su's Yum Yum but they closed I think

Quote Originally Posted by DaBownca View Post
    Anyone in NY reading this thread know a Chinese restaurant that makes Clams Cantonese? I used to order from Su Su's Yum Yum but they closed I think
    http://newyork.citysearch.com/review/7113499

I'm not in NYC but I found that someone recommends your 'dish of delight'. Peep this:
    (Disclaimer: Not sure how far away this place is from you.)
    My momma taught me how to talk trash...and my daddy taught me how to back it up!

What about kum kua on myrtle. I haven't been there since 2003 but I remember the food was safe there.

Where the hell r u these days anyway???

I don't really eat chinese food especially in the ghetto.

For some reason when u go into other folks neighborhood and order chinese food, why does it actually taste like chicken or beef. And where exactly does them thar little ass ribs come from????

In my house we prob eat chinese food maybe 3x's a year. if that much.

Why don't they take all the feathers off the chicken chuck???? That's just nasty. My children are not allowed to eat chinese food unless I okay it first and it has to be something I can identify.

Happy Eating.

there's amazing chinese food in queens
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ushing_Map.pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by panklady View Post

I'm not in NYC but I found that someone recommends your 'dish of delight'. Peep this:
    (Disclaimer: Not sure how far away this place is from you.)
    HAVE MY BEBES!!!! Wowwww thats hot they closed my fave Mott st restaurant years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by traceyd41 View Post
    What about kum kua on myrtle. I haven't been there since 2003 but I remember the food was safe there.

Where the hell r u these days anyway???

I don't really eat chinese food especially in the ghetto.

For some reason when u go into other folks neighborhood and order chinese food, why does it actually taste like chicken or beef. And where exactly does them thar little ass ribs come from????

In my house we prob eat chinese food maybe 3x's a year. if that much.

Why don't they take all the feathers off the chicken chuck???? That's just nasty. My children are not allowed to eat chinese food unless I okay it first and it has to be something I can identify.

Happy Eating.
    LOL @ The feathers ...thats just laziness. Kum Kau was all hype to me there was a restaurant the next block over called Dragons garden that was better food wise but they closed. I'm in Fresh Boring ass meadows Tracey I miss my Brooklyn!

Whiner!

Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2 large egg whites
    • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
    • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
    • 3 teaspoons water
    Preparation:

1. Write fortunes on pieces of paper that are 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 9-X-13 inch baking sheets.

2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil until frothy, but not stiff.

3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar into a separate bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture.

4. Add the flour into the egg white mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny, but should drop easily off a wooden spoon.
    Note: if you want to dye the fortune cookies, add the food coloring at this point, stirring it into the batter. For example, I used 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring to make green fortune cookies.

5. Place level tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches in diameter.

6. Bake until the outer 1/2-inch of each cookie turns golden brown and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet with a spatula (14 - 15 minutes).

7. Working quickly, remove the cookie with a spatula and flip it over in your hand. Place a fortune in the middle of a cookie. To form the fortune cookie shape, fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass, wooden spoon or the edge of a muffin tin. Place the finished cookie in the cup of the muffin tin so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.

(\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

• 2 large egg whites
    • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
    • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
    • 3 teaspoons water
    Preparation:

1. Write fortunes on pieces of paper that are 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 9-X-13 inch baking sheets.

2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil until frothy, but not stiff.

3. Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar into a separate bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture.

4. Add the flour into the egg white mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny, but should drop easily off a wooden spoon.
    Note: if you want to dye the fortune cookies, add the food coloring at this point, stirring it into the batter. For example, I used 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring to make green fortune cookies.

5. Place level tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches in diameter.

6. Bake until the outer 1/2-inch of each cookie turns golden brown and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet with a spatula (14 - 15 minutes).

7. Working quickly, remove the cookie with a spatula and flip it over in your hand. Place a fortune in the middle of a cookie. To form the fortune cookie shape, fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass, wooden spoon or the edge of a muffin tin. Place the finished cookie in the cup of the muffin tin so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.

Thanx Boo ....just two small things...
    A. I don't need the paper ( I eat em' not read em')
    B. I ain't makin no damn fortune cookies! If Imma bake Imma bake my world famous Butter Pecan cake...or my world famous Pineapple Upside down Cake....or my Brooklyn Famous Peanut Butter & Jelly cake...

Thanx Boo ....just two small things...
    A. I don't need the paper ( I eat em' not read em')
    B. I ain't makin no damn fortune cookies! If Imma bake Imma bake my world famous Butter Pecan cake...or my world famous Pineapple Upside down Cake....or my Brooklyn Famous Peanut Butter & Jelly cake...
    I bet your pineapple upside down cake cant touch mine PBJ Cake???? and Im a peanutbutteraholic
    (\_/) "Recognizeth an attention
    (O.-)whore when thou doth sees
    (___) it, and then ignoreth its ass" - SuzanneT 1:1

"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Spencer Johnson

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music. Angela Monet

"There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    I bet your pineapple upside down cake cant touch mine PBJ Cake???? and Im a peanutbutteraholic
    Nah the PB&J is a smoker I was skepticall myself until this friend of mine made it and i hijacked the recipe
    I guess we gotta battle den! I have a great idea...a strip cook off!

A FRIGGIN FORTUNE COOKIE? Order Chinese food and spend 25 bucks then not only do I have to ask for a damn fortune cookie I gotta make sure the send more than one Soy Sauce and One Duck Sauce for five dishes! I don't even read them beyotches but I like how they taste. Then don't think I didn't call them bastids back to my house when they didn't include my free dish for spending over 20 bucks
    ru kidding?
    I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. ~ Winston Churchill

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars. ~ Khalil Gibran

men ARE the new women...hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    ru kidding?
    Nope ....legit rant

Nope ....legit rant

well first and foremost, their duck sauce sucks and the stupid soy sauce they send sucks! and fortune cookies suck even more!!

1> get some nice plum sauce

2> Buy a really good soy sauce

3> make your own fortune
    I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. ~ Winston Churchill

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars. ~ Khalil Gibran

men ARE the new women...hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    well first and foremost, their duck sauce sucks and the stupid soy sauce they send sucks! and fortune cookies suck even more!!

1> get some nice plum sauce

2> Buy a really good soy sauce

3> make your own fortune
    Once again ....it isn't the fortune I want ....I actulally LIKE the cookie! (Must be the almond extract love that flavor)

Fyi

if all else fail...use hot sauce...it will work well

LOL @ The feathers ...thats just laziness. Kum Kau was all hype to me there was a restaurant the next block over called Dragons garden that was better food wise but they closed. I'm in Fresh Boring ass meadows Tracey I miss my Brooklyn!

I know Boo I miss BKLYN too. But hey it's prob much more quite where u r now.

I hate delaware a lot but I do love the quiet and seeing little bunnies run across my path.

Quote Originally Posted by traceyd41 View Post
    I know Boo I miss BKLYN too. But hey it's prob much more quite where u r now.

I hate delaware a lot but I do love the quiet and seeing little bunnies run across my path.
    Ooooohhhh I ain't had no bunny puzzy in a loooong time Imma come crash on your lawn

Ooooohhhh I ain't had no bunny puzzy in a loooong time Imma come crash on your lawn
    Mama said KNOCK U OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

U R a nut!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope 2 c u tomorrow. Missed U last week. Vernest told me u were asking 4 me.