Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick a needle in their arms - human trash

Stick a needle in their arms - human trash

Fleeing car hits Philly crowd, killing 3 children
    By KATHY MATHESON 12 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) A car fleeing a robbery scene and being chased by police Wednesday night jumped a curb and crashed into a crowd, killing three young children in front of their home and gravely injuring a woman, authorities said.

"It's a tragedy," police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said.

The incident in Feltonville, a neighborhood of row houses in North Philadelphia, began with two men stealing a motorcycle at gunpoint, Ramsey said. One man fled on the motorcycle, and the other sped away in a car, he said.

Police spotted the car a few minutes after receiving a report of the motorcycle theft and pursued it for about a mile.

The car jumped the curb with such force it badly damaged the concrete steps of one of the row houses, where the children lived. It became wedged between a house and a pole. The woman it hit is the mother of at least one of the dead children, all of whom were under age 10, authorities said.

"It's horrifying to think about what happened," Mayor Michael Nutter said at the scene. "It's a horrific scene.
    "
    The car's driver was injured and was arrested at the scene, and a gun was found in the car, police said. The motorcycle rider was arrested at his nearby home, where several weapons were found, police said.

Officers were attacked by a dog at the motorcycle rider's home and had to shoot it but didn't kill it, said police, who recovered two shotguns, two handguns and a rifle there.
    Police towed away the mangled car, whose back passenger side and roof were caved in. They didn't immediately release the names of the victims or those arrested.

Neighborhood resident Robert Martinez, who lives in the house directly behind the crash scene, said the sound of the crash "was like a bomb blew up."

Martinez, who knew the victims, said he hustled to the scene and heard the children's grandmother, who lived with them, calling out for them.

"It could have been my three nieces," he said, "could have happened on this block."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Nvy4gD98O836O0
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

That mayor has a great name......

Awful story though.....JMJ
    THE DHP KING OF EDITS

JMJ - Off The Deep End - Now on DHP Radio - Friday 3pm-5pm EST - http://dhpradio.com/jmj-off-the-deep-end.html
    Facebook me: facebook.com/kingofedits
    Podomatic me: http://jmjeditking.podomatic.com/
    Soundcloud me: http://soundcloud.com/jmj-edits

2007 & 2010 Deep House Fantasy Football Champion
    2011 & 2012 back-to-back DHP Fantasy Baseball Champion

It seems that the woman died of her injuries

4 dead - apparently the youngest was 1 year old
    As for the charges against me, I am unconcerned. I am beyond their timid lying morality, and so I am beyond caring.

That's really fucked up.

It's cases like these I wish we had an express lane for the death penalty.

Fucking scumbag.

I really shouldn't have opened up this thread.

I don't have words to describe how awful I think this is.
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

FUCK!

horrible
    The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Discogoddess View Post
    I really shouldn't have opened up this thread.

I don't have words to describe how awful I think this is.
    Word. I hate hearing about bad things happening to children. Their lives have barely begun. Saddening.
    http://www.venganza.org/

I shoulda known you'd be behind this, Fiendish Dr. Wu. Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrifications is only outmatched by your zest for Kung Fu treachery!" - Black Dynamite

2006 & 2012 DHP Fantasy Football Champion

Needle in their arm?

Those chemicals ain't cheap.

Stick 'em in an airtight room with a hose hooked up to a car exhaust. I'm willing to pay for the ten bucks worth of gas it'll take to send them on their way.

Seriously though, they need to live in order to face the horror of what they have wrought, answer for their crimes, and see what it has cost that family.

this is why its a bad idea for the cops to initiate such a chase

Quote Originally Posted by mhd View Post
    You do have a point, but its not too bright an idea to rob people either; especially under the pretence that cops wont chase you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blake View Post
    You do have a point, but its not too bright an idea to rob people either; especially under the pretence that cops wont chase you.
    remember, they spotted the bike and car without chasing...

Man, who's gonna address this crime problem in Philly? It is really outta hand. That city's too beautiful and too historic to have cats running buckwild like that!
    "You can master any situation if you can master yourself."
    --TD Jakes

remember, they spotted the bike and car without chasing...
    so once they spotted them, what should they have done next?

Quote Originally Posted by djLesCole View Post
    so once they spotted them, what should they have done next?
    follow, intercept, roadblock, communicate, adjust for the conditions...

this was tragic, there will mos def be consequences for the offenders......

follow, intercept, roadblock, communicate, adjust for the conditions...
    No doubt. That should definitely be the procedure and I do hope this was theirs. It says they pursued for about a mile, doesn't really indicate how far into that it turned high-speed, nor does it say if they had a strategy in the works. I definitely hear you, though. Fucking tragedy, man. Three young lives gone over a stupid motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by djLesCole View Post
    No doubt. That should definitely be the procedure and I do hope this was theirs. It says they pursued for about a mile, doesn't really indicate how far into that it turned high-speed, nor does it say if they had a strategy in the works. I definitely hear you, though. Fucking tragedy, man. Three young lives gone over a stupid motorcycle.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Man, who's gonna address this crime problem in Philly? It is really outta hand. That city's too beautiful and too historic to have cats running buckwild like that!
    Trust me, it's about to be addressed very soon.

And thank you for your contributions.

exactly what i thought after my initial sadness
    How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It's beyond me. - Zora Neale Hurston

"The incident in Feltonville, a neighborhood of row houses in North Philadelphia, began with two men stealing a motorcycle at gunpoint"

when should the police initiate a chase? when it escalates to murder? multiple homicide? mass murder? terrorist attack?

The police were doing their job, imo

So now this is the cops' fault?

Really?
    Fly Franklin Females.
    Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Palatine William Wilson View Post
    "The incident in Feltonville, a neighborhood of row houses in North Philadelphia, began with two men stealing a motorcycle at gunpoint"

when should the police initiate a chase? when it escalates to murder? multiple homicide? mass murder? terrorist attack?

The police were doing their job, imo

The way I understand it some opinions say that the chase was an escalation.

Quote Originally Posted by Discogoddess View Post
    So now this is the cops' fault?

Really?
    IMHO... there's a time and a place to escalate into a high speed chase in a residential area, and a time and a place to pull back and deal with it in other ways. Not initiating an immediate, dangerous chase does not equal the criminal getting away.

I mean, really... block off the area, flood it with cops on foot and just do a slow squeeze until the person is caught. Whatever... they're cops, they're expected to have great techniques for a variety of situations right?

In the end, is catching a motorcycle thief worth 3 lives? No. Whether stealing it was right or wrong, it wasn't worth these families losing three beautiful young lives.

**Just to clarify, I do believe these thieves should be charged with the deaths, amongst a host of other things... I just happen to believe the cops response to the situation also has some part in the blame. **

Peace
    Last edited by DeesKo; 06-12-2009 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeesKo View Post
    IMHO... there's a time and a place to escalate into a high speed chase in a residential area, and a time and a place to pull back and deal with it in other ways. Not initiating an immediate, dangerous chase does not equal the criminal getting away.

I mean, really... block off the area, flood it with cops on foot and just do a slow squeeze until the person is caught. Whatever... they're cops, they're expected to have great techniques for a variety of situations right?

In the end, is catching a motorcycle thief worth 3 lives? No. Whether stealing it was right or wrong, it wasn't worth these families losing three beautiful young lives.

**Just to clarify, I do believe these thieves should be charged with the deaths, amongst a host of other things... I just happen to believe the cops response to the situation also has some part in the blame. **

Peace
    I remember at one of the Bike Nights we used to organize at Carpool in Arlington, talking to an MPD officer about how they could never catch me on my rocket. His answer: 'No one outruns a radio'.